Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

hello everyone! i was banded on january 25th and have lost 21lbs so far since the pre-op diet :) recovery is going well.. gas pain all gone thank goodness and just began the mushies stage..... tonight for some reason i am in great pain on my left side....not where my port is but further back.. when i breathe in its a killer :( i am getting worked up on googling stuff to see what this could possibly be... so i decided to come on here and ask ya'll for your help before rushing to the emergency(my anxiety takes toll of me so im just trying to calm myself :( ) .... has anyone ever had this???

My guess is it could be gas still. I had pain in my side and in my back. For some reason the gas seems to effect the left side more than the right. At least I see more posts about pain on the left side.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Today I had my 2 week post op appointment and I'm down 24 pounds from pre op diet stage. I also started on mushed foods. I'm so full I think I need to really pay attention to portion size. This is such a big adjustment but I'm ready for the challenge.

Today I had my 2 week post op appointment and I'm down 24 pounds from pre op diet stage. I also started on mushed foods. I'm so full I think I need to really pay attention to portion size. This is such a big adjustment but I'm ready for the challenge.

Awesome!! Get yourself a tiny baby spoon n fork - it will help.

You are on your way to Freedom!

Lee

I also had pains on my left side. I am one week post op. My Dr. Said it was nerve endings and that it will take a little time to get back to normal. Hope this helps.

Will I have to takes just sips of Water for the rest of my life with the band?

No! You will be able to take bigger sips, at least I do. I month out. You just can't gulp.

No! You will be able to take bigger sips' date=' at least I do. I month out. You just can't gulp.[/quote']

Thanks do you still have to space it like 1/2 minute apart? Just asking because this is frustrating and one of the annoying things I find I have to do.

Thanks do you still have to space it like 1/2 minute apart? Just asking because this is frustrating and one of the annoying things I find I have to do.

I don't..I not sure if you are supposed to though

I am about 2 and half weeks post-op and have no troubles drinking. I did not have a fill at the time of surgery.

wow one week out and I sort of feel normal again! The horrible hiccups that left me crippled over in pain are gone, I am pretty sure it was caused by hunger. I am pretty much eating/drinking something every few hours and can feel hunger (I do not have a fill in my band). Staples pull a little bit but not horrible and I didn't need meds to sleep last night. I am back to work Monday and I feel like it might be ok! Down 20lbs from pre-op at this point.

Still have gas pains here and there in my left shoulder but I'm used to it now. Starting to get hungry every once in a while but only when I go way too long without eating. I have to set alarms to remind me to have something small. Still working on getting enough Protein in. Going back to work next Wednesday so that will mark two weeks post op. Other then that, incisions are healing great. Had internal stiches and glue which the glue has come off all but my port incision. I can sleep on my port side and no real complaints.

hello everyone! i was banded on january 25th and have lost 21lbs so far since the pre-op diet :) recovery is going well.. gas pain all gone thank goodness and just began the mushies stage..... tonight for some reason i am in great pain on my left side....not where my port is but further back.. when i breathe in its a killer :( i am getting worked up on googling stuff to see what this could possibly be... so i decided to come on here and ask ya'll for your help before rushing to the emergency(my anxiety takes toll of me so im just trying to calm myself :( ) .... has anyone ever had this???

I too have a strange pain in my left side and I do NOT think is gas. the only way I know to describe it is a "stitch" our cramp in my side like you sometimes get when you eat right before exercising? not too worried about it though.,, will ask my surgeon when I see him Monday.

There is SO much unknown and SO many possibilities, it's always a good idea to ask the pro's! I hope you guys figure out what it is!