Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just wanna cry

I am doing everything I should be doing!!!! But this dang scale has not moved in more than a week. I just want to give up.

Hi Figgy,

I am sorry you feel like crying. It is very upsetting when we do what we are supposed to and the scale doesn't move. Is it perhaps your menstrual cycle time? Having foods with sodium? Not drinking enough Water? Gosh you must feel so frustrated, sorry. How long have you been banded for? I got banded Dec 4

Don't give up. You, me and everyone on here have been through a lot and we are now on the right path with being banded. My doctor told me being banded I would lose approximately 8 lbs per month. So I am going by the month and not by the week.

Can you go for a brisk walk and get the oxygen flowing through your body??

Stick with it!! Look through all the success stories, that will brighten your day. Check out FLORIDAYS before and after pictures, totally incredible. Lost 220 lbs in two years......life alternating experience for her and so inspiring to me!! Many many success stories on here.

Try to stay positive!!

Take care, Irene ;)

I was banded Nov 28th. Maybe I need to exercise more. You are too sweet to offer your kind words. You are right about changing our lives. I need to stay positive.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. They are appreciated and valued.

You are only one month out, still healing and probably not at restriction. I am 3 months out and am on a diet, the scale is barely moving, waiting for the fill that puts me at restriction. This is a long journey and giving up now will not even give your band a chance to work.

I go for my 1st fill on the 26th. I just read everyone's successes and I really want to have those successes too. I am really trying hard and not cheating and I just get depressed when I don't see the scale move even an ounce.

I was banded on November 6th an had the same thing last week. scale wouldn't budge. This week, I lost two pounds. Easier said than done, but stick it out. Eventually it will catch up.

Thoughts are with you...I know you have the strength to do this!

I hope things are different next week for me. I would be happy to even lose 1/2 a pound.

I go for my 1st fill on the 26th. I just read everyone's successes and I really want to have those successes too. I am really trying hard and not cheating and I just get depressed when I don't see the scale move even an ounce.

Figgy, please do not fall into the trap of comparing yourself with others. We are all so different when it comes to our rate of weight loss. This does take times and all of us want to be thin or thinner as quick as possible. Sometimes we set unrealistic goals, so as long as your doing what your suppose to do than eventually the weight will come down. Do your measurements so when you do not have a scale victory you may have an inches victory. I always measured my success by sizes of clothes along the way. Sometimes, I would buy something too small so I could shrink into it. Stay positive and it will happen. Merry Christmas!

I am 6 wks post op and my scale isn't moving either, hasn't in a couple of weeks. But we have to keep the faith! Everyone says in time it will, and when I see my friends and people on here, I have to believe that it will. We all hit plateaus! Good luck to us all!

It doesn't matter when you get there. The journey is what will keep you there. . If you spend all your energy comparing yourself to others you will miss the beauty of your journey and you'll skip all the other things you need to work on besides wl. Those things will keep you at goal because your mindset will have changed. You will get there and you will be damn proud of yourself when you do.

In the meantime, changing the mentality that got you here is a big job and needs a lot of your energy. For example, when you were on a diet in the past and were sticking to it but didn't see a weight loss what did you do? I personally gave up QUICKLY! Are you seeing a similar pattern here? JS

Use everyone's successes as a motivation, not as a tool to beat yourself up with. No one has an upper hand here. We all have the same tools. We are ALL wls success stories in training!

You already have a lot of success, a proven record of how strong you are/ have been so far in this whole process. Celebrate yourself, cut yourself some slack, and quiet that voice in your head!

Oh honey it will move.... I promise. Today try do do something that makes you sweat.... Take a brisk walk...go shopping and carry bags of gifts up stairs, clean your house... Go outside if it's not freezing where you live and pull weeds so the house sparkles for the holidays....and double up on your water....sometimes that's all you need to get the scale moving.

You can't get upset every time the scale doesnt move. There are many times it won't move for longer then a week. You have to keep doing what you're doing. Your body will give in eventually. Your too newly banded to be depressed already about the scale not moving. I have had months of no weight loss but I never gave up.

do you have a digital scale? I did and changed the battiers and the number changed. remember you are still in the healing stage and retain a lot of Water and you might not have weight loss because of it. I didn't really feel restricted until my 3 rd fill so be sure to ask how soon you can have another just to be prepared, I had a total of 3 for a total of 6.5cc in a 10cc band and it is really good... track all you put in your mouth and keep going this is the answer to weight loss I am never hungry so I eat on the clock to make sure I don't get to hungry and eat to fast this works for me very well. On my last fill I went in as said I hadn't lost in a month and it truned out I had loss 10lbs that's when I went and fixed the scale. good luck you can do it

Honey, if you feel like crying, cry. It will purge your system of the negative emotions and let you move on the the next challenge. Hang in there. If you are doing the right things the scale will move! Watch out for salt content!