Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Venting Session

wow' date=' I sure hope I am not one of t to those people you are talking about. I think most of us thing we are being helpful and not rude and don't want to hurt some ones feelings but its hard to get your feelings I while writing a post. Me for one if I have been rude in any way I am sorry and it hunger talking....I hope everyone has a great weight success.[/quote']

You are so polite hun you definitely wouldn't be who I'm talking about :) It's true that things come across worse than they are intended, but if you read the comment someone else made before yours it will explain exactly what I'm talking about. Need more people like you here line-dancer :)

3.00. I get exactly 3.00 and not a penny more.

I will assume that means you get humour out of being rude to others. Clearly worth it.

And I will assume (yes, I've made an *$$ out of you and me) that you somehow have lost a sense of humor along the way somewhere. I pity someone who can't laugh at a situation because they are too busy falsely inflating their own ego by putting on their toy badge that says "sheriff" and then trying to police this forum. If you do not like what someone has said (let's take my silly posts for example) you can BLOCK that person. Lets go ahead and try that process now. But guess what? I do not think you will block me. Why would you do something that could limit your ability to flex that "long arm of the law"?

And I will assume (yes' date=' I've made an * out of you and me) that you somehow have lost a sense of humor along the way somewhere. I pity someone who can't laugh at a situation because they are too busy falsely inflating their own ego by putting on their toy badge that says "sheriff" and then trying to police this forum. If you do not like what someone has said (let's take my silly posts for example) you can BLOCK that person. Lets go ahead and try that process now. But guess what? I do not think you will block me. Why would you do something that could limit your ability to flex that "long arm of the law"?[/quote']

There's a difference between humour and being rude to people just for a joke. I'm not going to block you because it is fine if you disagree with me and have a different view or opinion on what I think.

Lannah,

You appear to be one of those who likes to stir the pot? Take 3 days off and come back and re-read your post. Hypocrisy abounds!

I don't know how I'm "stirring the pot" but I will say one last comment and leave it at that.

This has gotten a big out of control and I'm not sure why everyone is so defensive about what I posted. I was simply saying that people shouldn't be so harsh with others and that everyone can loose weight their own way, there isn't one "right" way. I know I'm not the only one that thinks people are being rude because I see it in posts all the time and a lot of people have actually left this site because of it.

I honestly can't believe that people are okay with talking like this to others. Especially when we have all been through so much. It just leaves me speechless.

Lol yes I am aware of that she was referring to me as one of those people. I was talking about people besides me who might not cope with it. Your comment just proves my point exactly. What do you get out of being so rude?

Actually I wasn't pointing fingers... I was saying it in general terms. I am always up for a good discussion... ;)

Lannah I am 100% on your side!! My issue is that their is 3-4 people on here that INSIST On posting in every thread!

Those 3-4 people think the sun shines out their arse and its their way or the highway!

I don't think they know they do it, or maybe it's just a strong American personality that I'm not used to.

And before they say anything, I have the toughest skin out and nothing anyone says hurts me BUT why can't this be a place for normal people that are struggling to come together?

( I have been private messages a previous time when I brought this up. I was told to be careful as the 'BANDED b*****s' will privately abuse you if you bring it up. One lady had to shut down her account)

LannahLouise you are getting too complicating and complicating everyone else! If you do not agree with the posts, then how about maybe moving on?

why can't this be a place for normal people that are struggling to come together?

I think it is.... But I also think its a place for successfull people to come together . Maybe that's the problem..successful people read and post in struggling peoples threads and their support and advice is mistaken for sounding like being a know it all when all they trying to do is help...

Just a thought..

Floridays- that is a very good point!

Floridays- that is a very good point!

Thanks it just occurred to me when I read your post....people who are successful are sure their way is the right way because...well it worked... And since we are dealing with people from all different walks of life and schools of manners... They may passionately express their opinions in ways others may misunderstand. Something to keep in mind as we go through this journey together..

However I still go back to my original post that if someone is going to throw out a question...they need to be prepared to hear all sorts of answers and take what they need and leave the rest....

I believe diffrent types of feedback are necessary it allows the original poster to decide what they may or may not want to try to help themselves along their journey. Also must remember these are just our opinions and experiances and should always still check in with their doc before changing something dramatically since we are not doctors just people who have "been there" so to speak.

The one thing I have noticed that is upsetting to me though is when someone posts something such as " help I messed up. I ate to many calories today or I splurged and ate ice cream and not my Protein or I had alcohol and way to much" instead of getting an its ok we've been there or you can bounce back! You have the ones who instantly start with why did you even get a band if you were going to stick to your old life and so on as If they have never once made a mistake with their band.

Believe me I have made quite a few and I'm sure ill make many more along the way the band made my portion ability smaller it did not reset my brain or change my tastes buds so ofcourse I'm going to flub up now and again. I think thats where the original poster was going with it. That some people instantly lash out because they have been successful instead of trying to be supportive.