Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your goal weight?

How did you come up with your goal weight if your doctor didn't give one? Especially for those who chose goals higher than their normal BMI. I haven't been under 200 pounds in my adult life, so I don't have a weight that I recall being comfortable at.

Suggestions... I'm 5'4, starting weight 315 (03/2012) (at least a starting goal before I consider plastics)

(also, if theres anyone in the nyc area that did consults for plastics, I'd like to know ballpark figures of popular procedures... or the input of anyone that went or is considering plastics in Mexico or DR)

My personal goal weight is 175... I'm 5'8'' and 175 is still considered overweight.. But I got down to 186 A few years ago and started seeing my ribs. I don't wanna just be skins and bones.. I still wanna have some meat! :)

My suggestion would be to talk to your doctor. They should have an idea. However don't always take what they say to hear. I have doctors tell me to be 150 and I think is look sickly. Maybe make small goals.. Start with getting down to 250. Then maybe 225 as your next goal. Keep going down till your comfortable.

I also figure your body will know your ideal weight. You can eat right and live the lapband lifestyle and your body will stop at where its good at and your in a healthy weight range. By no means am I saying if u hit a plateau at 250 or whatever your body is saying... Ok I'm done!

Good luck to you!! I'm sure you'll figure out your own personal goal soon!!

My nutrinist said 160 would be good for me I an 5'6 and 64 yrs old I have lost 42 lbs since Aug and have 8 lbs to be under 200 I cant wait. set small goals and when reached set another do not worry about the end because there is no end its life.

I am 5'9". My Dr said 150 at the start of this journey based on my bone structure and sized 10 feet. I remember being 175 once in the 90s for a minute after a crazy liquid diet.... I was pretty happy there for the short time I enjoyed it so we agreed on 160. I figured that would put me in a size 10/12 which was ok by me... this from the mind of someone who had 77" hips was awesome...

Fast forward 24 months later and I am at 157 and 150 is within my sight. I am in a size 8 and 6 is on my radar. Turns out my feet are only a 9 1/2 and my bones arent quite as big as I though they were...

I've played with so many numbers lol, but right now in aiming for 190 (I'm 5'7) and we'll take it from there. When I was in the low 200's I was a size 12. I'm happy with that, plus I've been told over & over I carry my weight well. I love my curves and butt I just want to see them smaller!

To answer your question about plastic surgery... Most reputable doctors will not do it until you are 10 lbs within reaching your ideal weight as plastic surgery isn't a way to lose weight....or it shouldn't be anyway. I just paid about 15k in Florida for a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and breast augmentation. I got quotes for less but wasn't comfortable with those particular drs. My results are posted on my gallery if you want to look. He did an amazing job.

And by the way... Removing 4" of excess belly skin and several more inches of breast sag skin weighed less than 2 lbs.

in my mind, i have a goal in mind, who doesnt.but then if you look at the dr's recommendations, its different..

right now, i am not focusing on where i have been but instead, the direction i am going..i try focus on getting to the next set of numbers..get under 300, then to 299 and to 250 and get to 249 and now for me to get to 239..my 2nd goal 199. my first was 299...who knows what my next (3rd) goal will be..but if i keep doing what i am doing, i will get there..

I'm 5'4 and my doc set a goal at 160 if this helps and I'm 35.

My starting weight was 247; I am also 5' 4"; my goal weight is 140; this is the number that both my lap band surgery and my primary care physician agreed to; personally, at this point, I would be happy with 150

5'6 And my wt. goal is 150 current wt is 288

I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is 200 lbs. I realize that still makes me very over weight for my height but I started at 430 and am currently at 310 so 200 sounds wonderful. Plus I got down to 240 before and I looked really good and was super comfortable and full of energy.

My peak weight before all this began was 362. I'm 5' 5'. Doc said to aim for 160. However, I will know physically, and emotionally when it is time to call it a day. And it's not yet a day!

My Goal is 125. I am 5' 2" so this will be considered a good weight fo me. I am losing very slow so I just hope I can get there. I have lost 41 so far and I have 33 more to go.

Right now i am 290 , 5'8...and my goal weight is 160. Im in a size 20-22. Goal is to b in a size 10-12. Im planning on hving d surgery by july 2013.

Im just under 5'5. Im going to shoot for 140 as that is in a healthy bmi range. Id love to be a size 6. But we will see has lbs start coming off I was just banded yesterday