Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

I received my first fill a week ago and my surgeon only put in 1.5 cc. It seems like everyone else received higher than that on the first round of fills.

My first fill was 1cc. He wouldnt give me second fill because I lost more than 5-10lbs he's looking for each month. Still hungry though...maybe he'll give me a second fill next month.

Ok. It's not just me. That makes me feel better. He scheduled me for a follow up in two months. We will see how this goes.

Hey all! I was banded on December 12th. I've had two fills so far and I'm only at 3cc's but im hanging in there. Feel more hungry now more than I did with the other fill. Working out and watching what I'm eating, I'm down 20 pounds! The journey is going to be long and sometimes rough, but I know it will be worth it in the end!! :)

naturallyjai

I only got 0.5cc my first fill. But my surgeon had already put in 5.5cc on surgery day.

I only received primer (air) during surgery. He removed the air and put in 1.5.

Ok, so I had my first stuck episode 2 months out. I messed around and ate some steak and potatoes for dinner and the next morning I was having trouble drinking my Water. Not really painful but uncomfortable. Felt like a lump in my belly. We went on a road trip and I drove. Hot coffee helped a lot and I just didn't eat anything until the evening after I successfully was able to drink water again. It was such a weird feeling! I could feel the water trying to trickle past the lump! Don't think I'm going to have New York strip again anytime soon! Lol!

Ok' date=' so I had my first stuck episode 2 months out. I messed around and ate some steak and potatoes for dinner and the next morning I was having trouble drinking my Water. Not really painful but uncomfortable. Felt like a lump in my belly. We went on a road trip and I drove. Hot coffee helped a lot and I just didn't eat anything until the evening after I successfully was able to drink water again. It was such a weird feeling! I could feel the water trying to trickle past the lump! Don't think I'm going to have New York strip again anytime soon! Lol![/quote']

If you ever have that again try pineapple juice it helps better then hot things

Well it's been 2 months since surgery. I'm down 30 lbs and go for my first fill on Thursday. Just recently started getting hungry before four hours. Hoping Thursday goes smoothly.

I have a question that I need to be schooled on. Is it, whereas, the more you have as a fill the less you are able to eat and the less hungry you are? Even though I only have 1cc, I make sure I eat and drink the way that I'm suppose too, but find myself still a bit hungry and snacking a little, but not much cause I know it's yelling "Danger, Will Robinson". If anyone remembers the old show Lost In Space. Looking for replies ;)

First fill today 4 cc's it didn't hurt but it was a strange sensation:) doctor said to come back in a month. Hoping I can drop as many pds as possible between now and then!

I'm taking my Vitamins, and have been taking Biotin, my hair is still coming out like crazy. Anyone know of anything else I can do? Dr says it should go back to normal around 3 months, but we're almost at that point, and it just seems to be getting worse.

Hi

I had my surgery 12/28/12. Everyone thought I was crazy to start this during the holidays but having the pre-op liquid diet of Optifast worked for me. I even did a 7 day cruise on 1/28/13 with my doctor's knowledge. He said to use wise choices on the cruise and that nobody was sticking a gun to my head to eat. Well, I did OK because I came back from the cruise with a 10 lb loss. I had my first fill on 2/6/13 but now I'm not getting that stop feeling I was getting when I started. I also made some bad choices like yesterday I went to the movies after a yr hiatus. I still can't resist the smell of movie popcorn even though it is unbuttered. I shared the popcorn with a diet coke which I only took mini sips of because I didn't want to wash the food down. Anyway, even though I didn't eat all the popcorn I felt guilty. I was also unable to eat anything else for the rest of the day because I didn't feel full but I wasn't hungry at all, so I didn't have dinner.< /p>

My question is this: does anyone slip with a bad choice and feel guilty? I'm concerned I'm going to have a weight gain for making a bad choice

Hi Dawalsh,

I had my surgery 12/21. I try not to feel guilty about bad choices because this journey is a lifestyle change, not just a diet. I log everything in MyFitnessPal and that makes me see exactly how many calories I'm putting in my body. I've had a few bad days, but there's more good days than bad. I think you have to let yourself have those days and move on. It's hard, I know. I was doing so well when my husband was working evenings because I had the house to myself and eat healthier. Now that he's home in the evening, I don't eat as well. I always keep my portions small, though. And that's what the band's all about, right?

Never feel guilty. Life is too short for that!!

Hey DAWalsh,

I completely agree with Tango. No one is perfect. There is no need in beating yourself up about these things. We are all in the same boat. I can understand getting upset because we all want this so bad but aside from making yourself feel like crap, what are you gaining. I know I don't do everything correctly. I don't get nearly the exercise I should but I am still at 49 pounds loss total. That in itself is a huge victory for me. Two more pounds and I will be under 300. We all have weaknesses and we are going to have good and bad days. It's just human nature. Please don't beat yourself up because the mental part of this is very important. I am not sure if you are an emotional eater but I know being upset or depressed can lead you to more slip ups.

Tango, my husband has switched to straight days too so I know exactly what you are going through. He is being somewhat helpful but not much. LOL