Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

okay...today's 3 months since surgery....43lbs down....which is an awesome feeling...but I really would like my hair to stop falling out everyday :( Apparently it should start going back to normal after 3 months...we'll see, taking Biotin, upping my Calcium in my food, hitting the Protein goals, nobody can give me an answer though

It's because you are not getting at least 60 grams of protein a day. Eat more protein or shakes and it will stop. Promise.

Has anyone started to crave salt? I never used to add table salt to cooked food' date=' but I have been craving it for the last few weeks !![/quote']

Totally. I used to like sweets and now I can eat pickles and bacon and salted cucumbers like they were candy bars. Not sure what's up with that but I'd rather crave that than chocolate.< /p>

Does anyone feel like they hardly have any restriction? I'm getting a little discouraged. I haven't lost anything for the past month. I wonder if it may be because of my Fluid status though. I haven't been drinking as much Water, and then craving salt. I feel like my body is going through some sort of wacky stage right now. We finally got our Taebo dvds in the mail, so I'm going to try to step it up and do liquids for a couple of days to give my system a boost.

Well most of us have had only two or three fills and that's usually not enough to get to the green zone. Also I read an article today that basically said your body can level out after three months. Like it gets used to lower calories so you have to change this up. More exercise or even upping calories for just awhile. Keep working with your doctor and nutritionist to get to goal.

I have only had one fill. I go back for another on the 2nd. So far I only have 1.5 cc in my band. I don't feel hardly any restriction and I am finding myself eating more than I should. I jump start weight loss when I stall by doing straight liquids for a couple of days. But so far I am happy with progress. We will get to the green zone soon enough. I know I should increase my exercise but I am having trouble squeezing it in. We will get there December peeps.

So this past weekend I finished a race that was on my bucket list :-) Something I could not have done a few months ago. I did the Spartan Sprint: 5 miles, 20 obstacles in the mud and rain with 35 degree weather. My team finished 6th out of 612 teams and I am on cloud nine. I can't wait to do more races this year and continue to see the scale drop :-)

errika, I have only lost 5 pounds since my surgery in december! five pounds!!! It's a long story, but i had to switch doctors and only had half as much Fluid in there as the other dr office told me i had! So it was no wonder i thought my band wasnt working. So i got another cc added to my band and i am finally starting to feel a difference, although i still have not lost any weight. I have a friend who has lost 155 pounds in one year...she told me in the first 3 months after surgery she had actually GAINED 8 pounds!!! lol. that made me feel better. I am not alone. She said when her fills finally started getting her near the green zone after 3 months the weight just started FALLING OFF. so, that encouraged me. Maybe it will encourage you. I think my problem, and possibly yours, is that we just haven't reached a good fluid level in our band yet.

errika' date=' I have only lost 5 pounds since my surgery in december! five pounds!!! It's a long story, but i had to switch doctors and only had half as much Fluid in there as the other dr office told me i had! So it was no wonder i thought my band wasnt working. So i got another cc added to my band and i am finally starting to feel a difference, although i still have not lost any weight. I have a friend who has lost 155 pounds in one year...she told me in the first 3 months after surgery she had actually GAINED 8 pounds!!! lol. that made me feel better. I am not alone. She said when her fills finally started getting her near the green zone after 3 months the weight just started FALLING OFF. so, that encouraged me. Maybe it will encourage you. I think my problem, and possibly yours, is that we just haven't reached a good fluid level in our band yet.[/quote']

That makes me feel so much better! I was feeling really discouraged, but that lifted my spirits. Thank you, and hopefully your weight will start to fall off as well! :)

I haven't read any posts of anyone banded I. December being at the green zone. I am stalled again and trying hard to maintain and not gain. I am fluctuating with three pounds but I try to stay positive and think- this is no where near where I was. How many calories are you all taking in a day?

I haven't read any posts of anyone banded I. December being at the green zone. I am stalled again and trying hard to maintain and not gain. I am fluctuating with three pounds but I try to stay positive and think- this is no where near where I was. How many calories are you all taking in a day?

I was banded 12/28/12 and still don't know what the green zone is. I hope I'm doing the right thing because sometimes I feel like I'm eating too much.

I was banded 12/28/12 and still don't know what the green zone is. I hope I'm doing the right thing because sometimes I feel like I'm eating too much.

I feel that same way but I try to log everything in my fitness pal. I only have 1.5 cc in a 10 cc band and I have read people don't reach the green zone until you are around 6-9 but it is different for everybody. I try not to over eat- I feel sick if I eat entirely too much but I don't feel hardly any restriction right now.

I have had only one fill but I have been losing weight I have found if I eat to fast I seem to get hungrier sooner and the things I eat change on how I do I am happy on how things are I think a lot of it is in my head I had a lot of bad habits

Today was my 3rd fill. She only gave me .4cc because I think I may be getting close to being in the green zone. I'm on liquids for the next 2 days, then soft foods for 1 and after that back to my regular food. I lost 8 lbs since my last visit a month ago. I was a little disappointed because I wanted it to be 10, but I'll take what I can get. It's been a little difficult for me since one of my doctors has restricted my exercise (no walking, no treadmill) but I'm investigating some alternatives and hopefully will begin doing other stuff for exercise.

I've had two fills and I might be getting close. Was just filled last Thursday so I'm still getting used to it.

I usually eat between 900-1000 calories. I don't always last for four hours between meals but I'm never hungry if I've gotten 1000 calories in.

I am down only 40 lbs but have not been exercising because a back injury. Hoping soon to get my back feeling better. Some days I can go for a walk in the neighborhood but others its painful just to do minimum walking.

It's been a little difficult for me since one of my doctors has restricted my exercise (no walking' date=' no treadmill) but I'm investigating some alternatives and hopefully will begin doing other stuff for exercise.[/quote']

Please let us know what alternatives you are referring to. My mom is restricted due to I juries from a fall but I need to get her moving again.