Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

What did you put in your meatloaf? Just curious - it sounds like a good idea (can you tell I'm hungry?!). I also found some containers on Amazon that are the perfect size for when I make jello' date=' pudding, tuna or chicken salad, etc. That way I can just grab one when I need it. One of the kinds I got can go in the freezer, refrigerator and microwave I think.[/quote']

I used ground turkey and a touch of italian breadcrumbs and topped it with light spaghetti sauce and fat free mozz. cheese. It... wasn't bad for ground turkey. I'm sure my hubby's ground beef with all kinds of good stuff had more flavor!! But, I'm learning to like ground turkey.

Really fighting the emotional eating this week. Was banded 12/12, got my first fill on 1/7, think I will get another one at my next appointment. I am proud of myself for not eating the crap that has surrounded me this week, but the scale is not my friend, and its the stress. My dad is very ill and just got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. All I can say is, this band is not a "quick fix" like so many assume. You can still choose to eat the wrong things and not exercise at all, and it will not work. You make the decision at every meal to put yourself first and put the right food in your mouth. We can all do this, half of the hunger is in our heads, I'm proud of myself and all of you December bandsters, you all are doing great, and I really love this group. :)

Maybeme,

First off, I am very sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my father-in-law to cancer 2 years ago, so I know how stressful that diagnosis is. Don't lose hope, though. Many people do survive it, even stage 4. Just try to stay positive and encouraging, and again, don't lose hope.

It looks like you are doing a wonderful job with your weight loss and staying focused during this stressful time. You should be very proud of yourself. If you ever need someone to talk to about the illness, eating, not eating, hunger, stress, or if you just want to vent or need encouragement, feel free to pm me. This is a wonderful group, and others here have extended the same offer to me, so I am just paying it forward. I will be praying for you and your family. :)

Hi everyone,

I was banded 12/19/12, I am down 13 pounds. Before being banded I signed up for the PF Chang's 1/2 marathon which took place this last Sunday. I am happy to say, I completed at the same time I got last January when I jogged/walked it. This year, I was required to walk the entire 13.1 miles per my surgeon's instructions. I am not as sore as I was last January. Life is good. I took yesterday and today off from the gym for rest and will be back tomorrow. Still walking with no weights as my surgeons requires me to wait a full 5 weeks post op. Have a Happy Tuesday!

Hey to everyone! I was banded on 12/18 and I am already at a stand still for about a week on weight loss! Geez! I exercise two times a day making in about 2 miles and I am just really struggling! Any advice?

Hey to everyone! I was banded on 12/18 and I am already at a stand still for about a week on weight loss! Geez! I exercise two times a day making in about 2 miles and I am just really struggling! Any advice?

Do you mind sharing exactly what you're eating and drinking, how many times a day you're eating, and what caloric intake you're consuming? This is not to judge, it's just to help pinpoint what might be holding you back. (Also keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat). I am not a nutritionist, but I can tell you what works for me to keep the scale moving in the right direction at least every few days.

Do you mind sharing exactly what you're eating and drinking' date=' how many times a day you're eating, and what caloric intake you're consuming? This is not to judge, it's just to help pinpoint what might be holding you back. (Also keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat). I am not a nutritionist, but I can tell you what works for me to keep the scale moving in the right direction at least every few days.[/quote']

I drink Water all day and for Breakfast I usually have an egg or a Protein drink! Then I sometimes have a low calorie Gatorade! For lunch I have a milk and some cottage cheese and then I drink water! I may snack on nuts or cheese or yogurt for snack and then for dinner I try and eat something normal with my family but usually just a cup full! I am sure I don't eat the best things everyday but I don't drink pop or tea and I don't eat sweets! I do my exercise 2 times a day and that totals 2 miles! I did have a taco yesterday but only one! :) granted I don't do exactly good everyday but most days I try really hard to watch what I eat! Please share what you do! Maybe I just need a swift kick in the butt!!

Have you tried changing up your diet? Maybe 2 eggs for Breakfast instead of one? For the Protein Drink, how many carbs does it have? I buy the low carb Protein Drinks. Again, for me, sugar is the enemy. EAS low carb ready-to-drink Protein drink gives me the best bang for my buck (110 calories, 15 or 18 grams of protein--can't remember which since I ran out) and only a few carbs. Jay Robb also has a protein drink that has 25 grams of protein, 110 calories and very few carbs, but you have to make it yourself. I try to drink my protein as soon as I wake up, and I drink it very slowly.

Do you like yogurt? I eat plain greek yogurt for breakfast every other day with a packet or two of Truvia (stevia) with a dash of vanilla extract.

For lunch, I stick to 1/2 a cup of Soup (not creamy, usually something like yummy chicken tortilla soup or vegetable beef). I eat normal dinner with my family also but I still try to stick to my doctor's orders of eating only 1/2 a cup of food. Believe me, if my portion looks bigger than that, my husband doesn't hesitate to let me know! This has been quite irritating! lol! I have not eaten any fast food since my surgery. If my family wants fast food, I eat thick soup or something.

I am always the last one to finish eating at the dinner table. I bought these fancy little tiny spoons and forks to eat with, and I eat my dinner off of a cute little salad plate so I can trick myself into thinking that I'm eating alot.

I take bariatric multi-vitamins daily, and I still eat a sugar free popsicle or two if I get a sweet tooth at night. I just do whatever I can to try to get this weight off. Every day is a struggle, but I take it one day at a time. I still have a very long way to go, but I'm not giving up! Good luck to you.

I drink Water all day and for Breakfast I usually have an egg or a Protein drink! Then I sometimes have a low calorie Gatorade! For lunch I have a milk and some cottage cheese and then I drink water! I may snack on nuts or cheese or yogurt for snack and then for dinner I try and eat something normal with my family but usually just a cup full! I am sure I don't eat the best things everyday but I don't drink pop or tea and I don't eat sweets! I do my exercise 2 times a day and that totals 2 miles! I did have a taco yesterday but only one! :) granted I don't do exactly good everyday but most days I try really hard to watch what I eat! Please share what you do! Maybe I just need a swift kick in the butt!!

I think you need to up your food intake. If you are going to work out that much you need tofuel your body. Sounds like your body is in starvation mode just in my opinion im not a nutritionist. My dr said with Protein Shakes use them as a Meal Replacement. If Im working out then as a snack. Also weighing your food is better than using a cup for measurement. I stick to between 4 and 6 ounces per meal.

Try counting calories for a few days. Not only did my doctor limit the amount of food he also gave me a calorie limit. This might give you a better idea of what your body is doing. Then you can tell if your calories are too low for the amount of exercise you're doing.

I think you need to up your food intake. If you are going to work out that much you need tofuel your body. Sounds like your body is in starvation mode just in my opinion im not a nutritionist.

I was kind of thinking the same thing since she is working out so much, and it sounds like she's saving most of her calories for the end of the day which might be part of the problem too.

Called my Dr to make an appointment so I can get a fill said can't see me for 2 weeks when I was their 2 weeks ago he told me he didn't want to give me a fill yet so now it will be about 2 months for me with no fill at all not liking my Dr right now

Mine waits 60 days until first fill. So not unheard of to wait that long.

Thank you so much for all your kind words. I don't know what I'd do without this group. You're a great person :)

Called my Dr to make an appointment so I can get a fill said can't see me for 2 weeks when I was their 2 weeks ago he told me he didn't want to give me a fill yet so now it will be about 2 months for me with no fill at all not liking my Dr right now

I wonder why your dr is waiting so long. I was banded 12/12 and got my first fill on 1/7, they said its up to me. I'm going to ask when I go back on 2/4 if I can get another fill. Did you have any complications or anything?

I wonder why your dr is waiting so long. I was banded 12/12 and got my first fill on 1/7' date=' they said its up to me. I'm going to ask when I go back on 2/4 if I can get another fill. Did you have any complications or anything?[/quote']

No I was lossing weight then just stoped everything is fine my Dr dosnt really tell me anything like how many calories to eat what to eat not to happy he got his money and now it feels he dosnt have time