Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

I tried everything dr oz has told his audience. I did not see a difference when I took the raspberry ketones. In fact after surgery I got rid of all the unnecessary vitamins! I am just listening to the doctors orders! He said to not weigh yourself everyday because it will make you go crazy! So I don't. Good luck to you .

help. i am turning 40 on the 25th of this month. my girlfriends have decided to throw me a party with unusual excitement.... cupcakes, drinks and more. i am on mushies and almost want to not be at my own party to fight urges. what can i do???

:( (signed: party pooper)

You should give your friends a list of things you can eat so you will have something specifically for you at the party. Or just tell them not to bring the sweets, and have low fat Soups and other soft foods for everyone. I'm sure they'll comply. :)

Can you eat cheese on your mushy phase? ASk for cheese and crackers or just bring it yourself. Most people like that and you can stick to soft cheese.

Drink your 64 oz of Water b4 the party, have a mushy meal right b4 you go. I am less hungry on days I get all my water in and that plus a meal, you won't be as tempted if you aren't hungry.

Do your friends know about your surgery? If yes, then say please no cupcakes. If there are cupcakes etc. there, tell yourself if I eat junk I might feel sick and I don't want to be sick tonight.

thank you for your advice. i have only told two friends about my surgery. i wish my mushy food list from the (nut) was a little longer cause i'm sure somethings are ok for me to eat. as for cupcakes- i'll bring sugarfree Jello with fat free light cool whip. at least i can have that :)

PBTango when I try to look you up on My fit pal it says to find friend by email? Us there a way to search by name?

Just put in their username in the email field and search. I didn't know that until someone told me!

Current pre-op wt 344 down 324

Anyone else get their.first fill 3.weeks.after.surgery?

I'm getting mines at exactly 4 weeks.

Current pre-op wt 344 down 324

Yep i did and that first fill was a bummer im.on my second one at 6cc banded dec10

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

Banded 12/7/12 I got my first fill yesterday. 4ccs and it wasn't pleasant. Hoping it gets better and each subsequent fill is much smoother. So far I lost 16 pounds and am feeling good. I also just took off the bandaid and realized dr removed a stuck that was popping through and didn't dissolve. All in all I'm feeling good and happy with the band. I definitely felt a difference today when I was able to go back to soft good after the liquids. I think I have some restriction.

Hi December Banders,

I had my band placed on 12/27 and all has been fairly good. The last few days I've been feeling chest pains. It seems to get worse when I'm hungry. It feels like a sharp pain that comes and goes. It helps to sip Water and then when I eat it does subside for awhile.

I'm still eating mainly mushies. I go tomorrow for my first fill.

Any suggestions? I've been SO paranoid that I might do something to cause my band to slip. I hate that constant worry.

I was banded 12/12, had my first fill on 1/7, so there is a total of 3cc's in there. Down 30lbs total from preop diet to now. I still get hungry though so I'm thinking I may need another fill, but the Dr. thinks I'm doing fine. IDK, just don't know what's good and what's not at this point. Started exercising, but still struggling with the meal planning itself. Just joined fitness pal, so hopefully that helps.

After doing the lapband and losing weight I haven't felt so good about my self I was so worried that I would think I did it the easy way I know now I needed to do this and I shouldn'tof waited so long that I may be goid at some things in life lossing weight wasn't one of them

After doing the lapband and losing weight I haven't felt so good about my self I was so worried that I would think I did it the easy way I know now I needed to do this and I shouldn'tof waited so long that I may be goid at some things in life lossing weight wasn't one of them

I have

I have also heard some comments of the easy way out... if this is the easy way out I have been fooled.. Changing your lifestyle completely is not easy. But the real point is I don't care what people think I did this for me and my life... any judgement on anybody's part is their problem.

And at least I will be around to enjow my life for a while more.

Life is not a reality show or a crititical point that I need to prove to anyone.... but myself.

Easy or not, this is the way I have chosen and am damn glad I have had some success at it. Tried other things before.... weight always came back.... time to change my life.... not somebody else's opinion.