Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

I was banded Monday also.....New Years eve. I haven't noticed any results nor have I lost any weight. But I am tired of all the gas...how do I have so much darn gas from a liquid only diet!? I'm excited to see results!!!!

It seems we are all going through the same things. I was banded on 12/18 and lost 17 lbs in a week and a half. Now its been almost 3 weeks and still just 17 lbs. My doctor said there is no Fluid in my band yet and as I heal it will feel as if there is no band at all. He said its possible and common that some people gain some of the weight back before their first fill. I hope I don't but I am eating regular food and notice I can eat a little more everyday. I see a lot of you are getting fills soon. I sure wish I was but my appt is not until the 23rd. I am gonna try like crazy not to gain weight before then. I am also having leg cramps. I am taking Vitamins and also got a juicer. I try to drink a juice once a day and that is suppose to have a lot of potassium in it. Plus they are yummy! Could be dehydration though because I am having a hard time drinking all the Water that I used to. On a good note went back to work two days ago and everyone has noticed that I have lost weight and also mentioned how good my skin and eyes look (that is the juicing I believe). They said I look like I am glowing! :D Hope this helps and shows that we are all going through similar things. Lets just keep moving forward and I am sure we are well on our way to a great New Year and smaller clothes!!! LOL

Hi. I was banded on the 18th as well. I'm doing good. Have a little problem with food getting stuck. Had my first post-op visit yesterday. Drank barium, could see the restriction through the band nice & tight. No fill yet and I've lost 20+ lbs. my fitness pal is the same annaben62. Congrats to everyone banded in December & happy new year & new life!

Banded last Friday the 28th.... Back to work today i did my one week of liquids yes!!!! now the hard part stressors from work.... I CAN DO THiS have a great day everyone ;)

Hi. I was banded on the 18th as well. I'm doing good. Have a little problem with food getting stuck. Had my first post-op visit yesterday. Drank barium' date=' could see the restriction through the band nice & tight. No fill yet and I've lost 20+ lbs. my fitness pal is the same annaben62. Congrats to everyone banded in December & happy new year & new life![/quote']

Was that routine or did you have a stuck episode ?

So I was banded on the 19th. I had my first post-op yesterday. They do not put any Fluid in the band at my Drs office until you are 6 weeks out from surgery so I will go in 2/7 for that, which is 2 days before the hubby and I take a romantic trip to St Thomas. So excited :-) I got to move to mushies last night I had a scrambled egg with pureed zucchini in it. It tasted like pure heaven. This morning I enjoyed cottage cheese and I am really looking forward to hummus for lunch :-) My port site is becoming less irritated so that is great. Just hope I keep losing. Goal is 10 lbs this month :-) They only released me to walking last night so treadmill here I come.

So I was banded on the 19th. I had my first post-op yesterday. They do not put any Fluid in the band at my Drs office until you are 6 weeks out from surgery so I will go in 2/7 for that, which is 2 days before the hubby and I take a romantic trip to St Thomas. So excited :-) I got to move to mushies last night I had a scrambled egg with pureed zucchini in it. It tasted like pure heaven. This morning I enjoyed cottage cheese and I am really looking forward to hummus for lunch :-) My port site is becoming less irritated so that is great. Just hope I keep losing. Goal is 10 lbs this month :-) They only released me to walking last night so treadmill here I come.

I was banded on the 18th! I started back to the gym last night w/ the treadmill … it was awesome! Adding in activity will help keep our momentum going w/ the weight loss … or so I'm told! :)

Hey all,

Glad to hear you are all doing well with food and weight loss. I'm on day post-op day four - not really hungry, but searching for good tasting liquids. Thankfully, I found the boxed Soups at Trader Joes to get me through.

I'm down 19lbs since I started the preop liquid diet on Dec 17th...can't wait to see even more results in the next few months.

Quick question - anyone still seem puffy or bloated in the stomach area? Gas pains are largely gone, but I feel like I've got a beach ball in there.

Best,

Chad

MyFitnessPal name is ChadinTX for those of you that want to connect.

Hey all,

Glad to hear you are all doing well with food and weight loss. I'm on day post-op day four - not really hungry, but searching for good tasting liquids. Thankfully, I found the boxed Soups at Trader Joes to get me through.

I'm down 19lbs since I started the preop liquid diet on Dec 17th...can't wait to see even more results in the next few months.

Quick question - anyone still seem puffy or bloated in the stomach area? Gas pains are largely gone, but I feel like I've got a beach ball in there.

Best,

Chad

MyFitnessPal name is ChadinTX for those of you that want to connect.

Sounds about right for day 4! I think my bloated feeling disappeared on day 5 and that's when my hunger returned,....it was strange it happened all of a sudden....Hope it goes away for you soon....19 lbs is awesome! :)

I was banded on 12-20-12. Best feeling in my life. I feel in control of my food instead of it controlling me. Lost 30 pounds pre op and since lapband another 21 pounds down in 3 weeks for a 51 pound weight loss total. I can't believe it. I haven't been at my current weight since 10 years ago. Still have 100 pounds to go til goal. I had some soreness after surgery and got discharged same day. Walked 4 times a day everyday for 1 week and pain was gone. My inscisions are healed and will have little or no scars left. So happy for that. Have more energy but can't wait til solid foods next Thursday. Still on mooshies. My first fill is jan 23rd. I am so excited and I LOVE my BAND...

I tried to add you guys as friends on myfitnesspal but I hope I did it right. WHere it said email address I just typed the user name you listed. I didn't see another way to do it on my phone. Please help me if there is a better way to add friends.

I also just had my first post op. I lost 8 pounds since surgery and the P.A. thought that was great. I lost it all the first week and nothing week 2 so I was surprised that was good. She said my body is just figuring out what to do I'm losing all this weight and it will start to lose again. Then some months I'll lose 10 pounds and some 4. But that's all normal.

She took out my stiches. I thought they dissolved.

I forgot to ask if I can lift my 40 pound son or go ice skating yet (both things I want to do this weekend). I was allowed to walk (treadmill or regular) since day 1.

And YEAH I can start mushies tonight. I am sooooooooo excited. Bye bye liquid diet.

Those of you still on liquids, keep up the hard work and you will feel so successful on the last day.

i was banded on dec 26th. i think my main problem is getting full from gas. i'm lactose intolerant and had the hardest time trying to find things dairy free even Protein Drinks. today all i had was 8 oz of a Protein Drink, a sugar free ice pop around 12 noon, 16 oz of Water with crystal light in the late afternoon,and 1/2 cup of cream of mushroom Soup for dinner. sometimes it hurts and i get scared hoping i didn't over do something. maybe it's just the gas. my stomach will probably make a growling bubble sound overnight or so :) by the way, i am interested in anyone who wants to be friends. just let me know. ^_^

The only Protein I can drink is Isopure, you can get it at GNC and its a clear liquid. Kind of expensive but they are ok. They don't have aspartame in them, and I can't have that it gives me a cloudy head! Hope this helps.

Don't know if there are any other moms out there with kids under three but I got in trouble with my Doc for picking up my son who is ten pounds over my limit of twenty pounds...he is my baby and it is so hard to not pick him up when he is hurt or sad...I think this is the hardest part for me so far.

Hi all

I was banded on the 19th and have lost 9 pounds. I was at 12, but with mooshies I gained 3 back. My port incision came apart slightly, but looks good with a scab. My first fill is 1/17 & I can't wait!

I am on MFP as nettedorman.

Jannette

pumpkin I have the same problem and forgot to ask at my post op if I can pick him up yet. He's almost 4 and 35 pounds. When he is sad I just want to pick him up. Like on Christmas his cousin pushed him down off a bed and it broke my heart not to be able to pick him up when he was crying. Theory sounds good to sit and have them climb on your lap, but in reality when they are sad and crying their not listening or going to walk over to us and climb. I called my husband to pick him up but it left me sad. Also, when he doesn't want to get dressed, i just want to pick him up and dress him but have to rely on other strategies. Your child is even younger, so I feel your emotional pain. I just keep saying to myself it's only a few weeks of not lifting, and then I'll have years of being able to bike ride with him when he's older and I'm healthier.