Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck and breast left on Tuesday 12/18

Hope the problems arent too serious....Doing pretty well considering but I too get tired faster than normal. I have been working a full load so by nightfall after I get dinner out of the way I am ready for bed...but I usually curl up and post on here... LOL

Here is a link to the lastest pic I took today... the swelling is pretty much down and I have my curves back and the scarrng isnt bad except in the places that have been messed with this past week...

http://www.lapbandta..._11062_1545.jpg

gallery_303301_11062_1545.jpg

Luckily, the problems are serious, so the doc says, just look bad....and thankfully they don't hurt. I can't believe how long its taking me to get my energy back!!!

I don't know how to post pics on here, or else I'd post some pics of my problems and my scars :(

I find it really interesting about the different types of problems that can come about from these surgeries. While I did not have fluid/blood build-up after my surgery (TT/Arm Lift/Lipo of Flanks), I did have a problem with an infected suture in my armpit. My surgeon does not use outer stitches, rather surgical glue - He places a thick internal stitch that dissolves and then covers it with a surgical glue that comes off as the scabs fall off. Luckily it reduces the scars so 3.5 weeks post-op and my scars look pretty good. Unfortunately, since the inner stitch somehow became infected, he had to take the stitch out, which left me with a small open wound in my armpit...although it isn't a big problem, it is more aggravating to have to deal with cleaning and keeping an open wound clean (as you both probably know and understand). With all this being said, I hope for all our sakes that the worst is over and it will all be downhill from here...and that we will all look wonderful a few months from now!!

I will post some photos in the coming days of both my arms and my abdomen...as they have come a long way from the photos I posted in my gallery after 1 week...

Had another appointment with my dr this morning.... To check on how the healing and oozing is going, as much as he tried he couldn't squeeze anything out of the belly button which I happen to think is a good sign. He swabbed inside of the lower opening and said it will take 2/3 wks to close up and when it does he believes it will be just fine. So I have to contend with the gauze and dressing for a few more weeks and have to go on five days of antibiotic for a precaution....

He wants to see me on Thursday morning to check the progress. I told him I need to have a desk set up because I am there so much...lol. He said he feels so badly this happened... Not that we could have predicted it.... But he is being overly cautious I think to make sure I heal. That's a good thing.

My energy is still not up to par but getting better daily. I am also surprised how long it's taking to feel like me again!!

Very happy to hear the doctor thinks it will heal fine, finally.

Thanks for the updates.

gallery_303301_11062_5086.jpgHere is a pic I took this morning. Belly button is mostly healed... scars seem to be fading....and the drain site is coming along... I am just concerned if it will heal flat like the rest of it.

Working in the hospital I see wounds all the time and I think it will be just fine. These things have to heal from the inside out. Glad you didnt get an infection. I hope one day to do mine if I cant then oh well I will continue to wear my spanks when I go out lol. Looking good.

They should heal pretty flat. I had some places like that between my legs when I did a thigh lift, and the incision opened up. Takes a while to heal, but looks fine now. Slightly different texture than the rest of the scar line, but acceptable given it's location. You seem to be healing very well!

cheryl is right.... my Ulcer on my left hip had to heal from the inside out... healed pretty good too.

You look fab... by the way.

You all are so encouraging... Thanks for the info about the healing. I appreciate it

I actually have a question. I am looking into getting the lap band and I know after I lose enough weight I will need a Tummy Tuck and breast lift but I'm a bit scared because I've read from some banders that they have lost so much weight they're port bulges out. Does yours bulge out? Did the surgeon have any concerns because you had the lap band?

So happy for you! Enjoy your improved life :)

I am 39 days PO a full TT & breast reduction/lift (no implants). I had my port revised at the same time to a low profile port. It did stick out a little prior to PS, but does not stick out now with the low profile port. I still have 23 pounds to lose to goal, but I don't see it being a problem.

I actually have a question. I am looking into getting the lap band and I know after I lose enough weight I will need a Tummy Tuck and breast lift but I'm a bit scared because I've read from some banders that they have lost so much weight they're port bulges out. Does yours bulge out? Did the surgeon have any concerns because you had the lap band?

So happy for you! Enjoy your improved life :)

Hi

As you can tell by my pics... My port does not stick out to be noticable. It just to the right of my belly button if youlook at the pic. Before my tummy tuck it actually did...althought my husband said I was the only one who saw it.. LOL

Since the tt the skin is stretched pretty thin and I can feel it like before but it doesn't look like an egg in all the saggy skin. Hope that offers some explanation. ;)

Hi y'all. Very interesting thread. I have lost 170 lbs and have had a Tummy Tuck (May 2012) breast and neck lift (Aug 2012) and two weeks ago (1/10/13) an extended arm lift. I had drains in my stomach for 6 weeks because there had been so much tissue removed. I had the fleur de lis tummy tuck because I had so much loose skin at the top of my stomach. I had a problem where the horizontal and vertical incisions met where it opened up and was oozing Fluid. I had to have it packed with gauze and had to change it daily until it healed up from the inside out. It was a pretty big hole but the scar has healed up nicely. With my breast lift, I didn't have drains and I had a lot of painful build up of Fluid that eventually worked itself out. With the arm lift I had drains in for 6 days. I had all internal stitching with the tape over that. I have had about of an inch of the stitching kind of pop open and look a little yucky. It's now healing. If I hadn't of had the situation with my stomach I may have started freaking out but knowing how nicely that all healed, I know this will heal fine too. I had a bunch of yucky looking puckering with my breast lift and that has all smoothed out now and looks fine. It just takes time. I done with all of the plastic surgery and it has changed my life. I will now be able to go to pools and the beach and hot tubs and be able to wear tank tops and be able to wear backless dresses because I can go without a bra. I'm 53 and feel better than I've ever felt in my life.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

post-275838-13813141023802_thumb.jpg