Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck and breast left on Tuesday 12/18

Wow. Does it hurt? It looks very painful...Now what will do? Can you do crunches ect.?

i can resume excercise and lifting over 10 lbs in a month...I never have done a crunch... So in about a month I guess I could if I wanted to...;)

Believe it of not it's not painful on the incision line. The belly button is the only place that bothers me and I think that's because it's where everything hits...waistbands, bending etc.... Plus it's still infected from the bleeding on Monday.

The pain hasnt been bad much to my surpise. I have a whole bottle of vicodine but I have only taken two. One the first day and the other the 2nd night to sleep.

So obviously what I'm about to post is out of ignorance but... What happens to your port during and after surgery? Do the move it? Re-anchor it? Or is just in different spot altogether?

not a stupid question at all..... i'm not sure about others, but during my TT my PS removed all my fill and re positioned my port lower and closer to my New navel. I like it better now because its not right under my breast anymore. I do now wish i would have asked to replace my old port with a new low profile port. Live and learn...

So obviously what I'm about to post is out of ignorance but... What happens to your port during and after surgery? Do the move it? Re-anchor it? Or is just in different spot altogether?

I asked my Plastic Surgeon and Bariatric Surgeon the same questions... not silly at all. In my case neither Dr required an unfill like I expected they might. They also consulted with the anesthesiologist who said she did not feel it was necessary so I didnt get one.

My port was just to the left of my old belly button. My BS and PS know each other and they said the BS could go in during surgery and give me a low profile port if I wanted it for additional fees of course for the BS. I decided my port was fine where it was and never really stuck out too badly so I decided to leave it alone.

Because I was swollen I couldnt feel it so after surgery I asked my PS how he dealt with the port and he said he worked around it but had no problems with it being in the way. Now that the swelling is going down I can feel it again and its still to the left of my new belly button.

not a stupid question at all..... i'm not sure about others, but during my TT my PS removed all my fill and re positioned my port lower and closer to my New navel. I like it better now because its not right under my breast anymore. I do now wish i would have asked to replace my old port with a new low profile port. Live and learn...

The plastic surgeon that I went to is one that specializes in body contouring following weight loss surgery. He told me that during the Tummy Tuck, he would take out the stitch that was holding the port in place, and during the surgery, it kind of would just be there. He said that when he was ready to close, he would re-stitch the port to a place where it wouldn't be seen. I am 2 weeks post-op and my port was definitely moved. It used to be to the right of my belly button but it now a little higher and definitely deeper in the muscle (so it won't be seen). I am really glad I went to a plastic surgeon who knew the anatomy of the lap-band. I have heard stories of people going to regular plastic surgeons who don't understand the anatomy of the band, and the results are not always ideal (not to say that this is of all regular plastic surgeons). Hope this helps!

Thanks for clarifying. This process is very interesting to me for obvious reasons.

. I am really glad I went to a plastic surgeon who knew the anatomy of the lap-band. I have heard stories of people going to regular plastic surgeons who don't understand the anatomy of the band, and the results are not always ideal (not to say that this is of all regular plastic surgeons).

this is so true. My bariatric dr actually is the one who recommended me to the PS and I am so glad I chose him. He had a lot of experience with banded patients. For me it was a deciding factor.

Glad you are doing so well. Thank you for sharing everything with us. I can't wait to be in your shoes!

Floridays you are so hot girl!!!!

Glad you are doing so well. Thank you for sharing everything with us. I can't wait to be in your shoes!

It's my pleasure...I hope I can be of some help to others...

Floridays you are so hot girl!!!!

feeling pretty good actually....thanks for saying nice things ;)

Oh, the bellybutton thing would have freaked me out! You are so calm, cool, and collected. :) But it does look fantastic!

I am so happy to hear your successful results! Your are encouragement for us all to obtain our own success in our journey! Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you and praying for your success!

Oh, the bellybutton thing would have freaked me out! You are so calm, cool, and collected. :) But it does look fantastic!

i detest drama so try to remain calm whenever possible. And I pretty much figured I wasn't going to bleed to death although my husband was sure of it...LOL. It's funny it hasn't seeped ssince monday and this morning I woke up and it started again. Ugh...I am getting tired of wearing a maxi pad on my tummy.... I pushed on my tummy and tried to get it to come out like he did. I was sort of successful but i Called the dr and he said its really normal and for me to sleep on my stomach over towels and with the aforementioned maxi pad secure and let it drain out.... He does want to see me on Monday tho...just to check it out.

Other than that I am doing well. The scars look amazing.

Glad you are still doing well. How exciting!