Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wwyd? Eat Shortly After Waking Or Wait Until Mid Morning (Hungry)?

My nutritionist is not helpful. She said that she suspects in a few years it will be discovered that low fat foods are responsible for obesity. Wha??????

Anyway, I always heard before that it's important to eat something within an hour of waking to kick-start your metabolism. LB patients are told not to eat when unless you are hungry. Anybody tried both ways to see which worked better?

What do you do? Eat a little something whortly after getting up or wait until you are hungrey - which is usually mid-morning for me, depending on when I ate supper.

thanks!

I was just at my Nuts yesterday and we went over this...she says to eat Breakfast with in a hour f getting up....all other meals and Snacks ONLY when hungry ....but to be sure we get enough cals...and Protein ...good luck

I don't think us lap band patients are gonna have any metabolism with the way we eat.

Anyway, I don't eat tbh don't really feel that hungry in the morning usually around 10 ill eat. Don't know if it's for everyone but, apparently the tighter the band gets, the later you will feel hungry.

Before my recent fill I was getting hunger bashing my head in in the morning but now I don't feel it until late. Something to do with the band being tighter in the mornings.

I would say eat first. Low fat is beginning to look like a failed attempt to curb obesity. Atkins allows for good fats. I have always done well following that principle. Along with healthy band friendly meals

I feel just because I have a band doesn't mean to toss out all other basic rules for losing weight. I eat every 4 hours wheather hungry or not the body needs food..i have a Protein Drink b4 going to the gym, body needs calls to work out. I got by calorie intake and of course Protein. the band helps me not feel straving or really hungry but common sense says I need fuel. Do what works best for yu and what you csn do forever.

I eat with in 20 min of getting up, if I don't I get dizzy and sick feeling even though I don't "feel" hungry. So I eat a light breakfast (special K) at 5:30 and then I will eat a snack around 10 ish then lunch when I am hungry.

i am not hungry in the mornings (and kinda tight) so i drink me a delicious

Protein Shake that ties me over til lunch time :) all people are different so you get lots of different answers. do what works for you.

I cannot eat anything for a few hours after getting up on most mornings.... but thats just me and my finicky band.

But I also dont walk in the morning since I have to drive to the office during the week. I am not that morivated. I walk after dinner.

I've never been able to eat breakfast until 10am band or no band. Today I did eat some greek yogurt before I was hungry, b/c nut says how important it is. We'll see , very full now!

I cant eat as soon as I get up because my morning meds have to be taken on an empty stomach.

I eat an hour after and that seems to work for me.

I would agree not to eat until you are hungry. Protein first of course...Its such a gamble everyday, week, and month I discover something new.

The nutritionist may have been referring to the fact that low fat foods are often higher in sugar. So people end up eating more something because they figure it's low in fat but actually has more calories than they counted on.