Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soooo... Who's Losing Weight Without Exercising?

But you probably would have lost way more had you not eaten crap.

100 pounds in a year starting at 260...not bad if I say so myself :)

Close to 72 pounds in less than 5 months, 40 of those after band day, Aug 6. I have to admit I didn't exercise right after the band. It took awhile to understand that some of us new to walk, use stretch bands to tone arms, legs and tighten possible sagging skin. Muscle burns carbs/starches. I have picked up some exercise on my newly purchased exercise bike. Exercise allows you to burn calories quicker in case you don't make wise choices in eating.

Best wishes

You can lose weight eating crap, wasn't there some guy who just ate twinkies for a month or something and he lost.Obviously you won't be very healthy at the end of it but a calorie is a calorie.If you choose to eat good calories then you will be healthier than if you eat bad ones but for losing weight it doesn't really matter if you eat 1000 calories worth of raw carrots or 1000 calories worth of chocolate.< /p>

You can lose weight eating crap, wasn't there some guy who just ate twinkies for a month or something and he lost.Obviously you won't be very healthy at the end of it but a calorie is a calorie.If you choose to eat good calories then you will be healthier than if you eat bad ones but for losing weight it doesn't really matter if you eat 1000 calories worth of raw carrots or 1000 calories worth of chocolate.

well said! Thank You!

Marci

It's one of those things we all have to decide for ourself. What works for one, doesn't always work for others. As far as eating "crap". I miss all my crap, but I know I can't lose that way cuz I can't control it. If I start it steam rolls. I always seem to be able to get back on track the next day but it is a dangerous road for me. Hey... whatever works!

I went thru a phase where I walked alot the first summer I was banded, but that has been about it since I was banded. I am 46 and would probably be kinda saggy anyway, but I have a flat stomach that was a surprise after 72 lbs

Hi all,

I have loved reading all the different responses! It seems like its different for everyone. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what works for me... once I get insurance approval of course!!

Thank you so much for all the great feedback!

I haven't done much exercise formally, but I am a LOT more active. I used to park in the customer parking on the first floor, close to my office building (where I was not allowed to park) because walking too far hurt my knees. Now I park on the top floor of the parking garage so I can take the stairs. I used to get home from work and force myself to get off of the couch and do the necessary daily chores. Now I am up and down all evening doing things.

When I was going through my preop testing, I found out that I had sleep apnea -- on two nights of testing, I had *no* REM sleep at all. My sleep apnea has fully resolved. I think that my increased energy levels can be credited equally to my weight loss and better quality of sleep.

I do make healthy food choices 90% of the time. Now that I am in striking distance of hitting my goal, I realize that I have to add exercise to get the finish line and to maintain.

Thanks everybody. I have every intention of exercising but it's going to take some time for me to be physically able. I'm proud that I have been able to lose almost 40 lbs in three months without exercise and look forward to getting in the gym as soon as I'm able.

Sent from my Atrix HD

Even though i have lost weight without formal exercise. My 2 yr old grandchild keeps me moving. Some funny things are starting:one day i was walking and i could feel myself walking different, then i realized, my thighs were not rubbing...lol. Then while getting dressed for church i put on a suit that used to be really tight and my belly poked thru the button holes....lmao. when i put it on and looked in the mirror.... it looked like i had on someone elses clothes......

Thanks everybody. I have every intention of exercising but it's going to take some time for me to be physically able. I'm proud that I have been able to lose almost 40 lbs in three months without exercise and look forward to getting in the gym as soon as I'm able.

Sent from my Atrix HD

Do you have access to a pool? At 360 lbs I could barely walk. But I could swim. Personally I would start now it is to easy to make excuses not to work out.

Do you have access to a pool? At 360 lbs I could barely walk. But I could swim. Personally I would start now it is to easy to make excuses not to work out.

I do have pool access. I didn't even think of that.

Sent from my Atrix HD

Even though i have lost weight without formal exercise. My 2 yr old grandchild keeps me moving. Some funny things are starting:one day i was walking and i could feel myself walking different, then i realized, my thighs were not rubbing...lol. Then while getting dressed for church i put on a suit that used to be really tight and my belly poked thru the button holes....lmao. when i put it on and looked in the mirror.... it looked like i had on someone elses clothes......

Ain't it funny how losing weight makes you look and feel like a completely different person?

Good job - keep it up!

I have lost 43 lbs in 9 months with minimal exercise as well:) I just despise gyms and "formal" exercise!! Lol

I have found something that I absolutely love.... Jumping on our trampoline! It's sooooo fun. Gets my heart rate up in a jiffy, and I can bounce for a long time not even realizing how much time has gone by:)