Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soooo... Who's Losing Weight Without Exercising?

Who has lost a lot of weight without exercising? What are your secrets.

Oan - before anyone says you have to exercise, I realize that and I know it is a big factor in losing weight.

I'm just wondering.

You can lose weight without exercising... BUT... your skin will be sagging. Exercise to firm up. Yes, you do have to "exercise". If you don't like to sweat, just walk... A lot.

I lost 215 lbs without formal exercise. I did however start to walk 1-2 miles a day starting after the first year. My skin doesnt sag as much as it could be considering I am over 50 and lost almost 70% of my body weight.

However it is proven that exercise is healthy and I advise it. In fact there is a treadmill in my house right now waiting for me to learn how to use it. :)

I just want to go on record that you can lose without it.

I lost my weight with minimal exercise. I went to a Bollywood class once a week and for a while I did a bellydancing class but that was it. I don't think it was enough exercise to make a difference, I was obviously eating less than I was expending and that is why I lost.

I have not excercised one darn bit. I have been successful. Exercising makes no yay or nay to sagging skin. It is how resilliant your skin is and how much elasticity you have. Exercise will not help with sagging skin. You're either gonna sag or not. I have done well with no exercise. I park father away at stores but that is it. Oh and well work like a dog too. But physical exercise none, nada, zilch

I can see how you'll lose weight without excercise, but you have to wiser with your food choices, right? I haven't been approved for my band yet, but I've been on here a lot lately. The food seems to be lots of Protein first, veggies, and a little starch, like a total of a cup of food at time? Have you guys heard of anyone eating like crap and still losing? Is that even possible? I'm genuinly curious :)

You cant eat crap and lose weight. I rarely eat starchy carbs. I have lived.

well i'm almost three months out and two week pre-op I lost 17lbs and no exercise. After surgery I did not exercise for ovious reasons and first two weeks I lost 12lbs no exercisejust a little walking to avoid blood clogs. then 3 weeks passed by no exercise and ate "normal" and I only lost 7lbs in 3 weeks. After that I started exercising gor one hour with a work out video five times a week and doing a 30 day challnege with a special meal plan and I lost 20lbs in 25 days. After that I stopped exercising and eating crap for two days and gained 2lbs and then I still did not exercised and tried eating healthier and gained a total of 7lbs in six days. Well after that I lost 11lbs I think in 8 days still no exercise and eating some good foods and some no! no! foods an so I have lost a total of 68lbs in 3months. So I really don't know maybe my body is just cookoo!!

I havent exercised yet but my weight loss has slowed down. I am cleared to go back to the gym in a week. Cant wait to get back with my personal trainer!

I have exercised and I haven't exercised and if I am watching my calories and journaling, I lose. In the last three months, I have lost 14 lbs without any exercise. I have been having very heavy periods and becoming anemic every month so I truly have no energy, at all. Just had an ablation yesterday and can't exercise for the next two weeks. I miss the reduced stress that exercise gives me, honestly, but I have proven to myself that's it possible to take the pounds off without working out.

I bust my a$$ 5 -8 hours at the gym a week(increase just lately from 4 - 5 because of lack of loss). My first year of weight loss went quick... since then it has slowed considerably. Don't know if I'd lose at all without the exercise and maybe it would be the same, who knows. But what I do know...t he exercise makes me feel incredible. I'm flexible, stronger and feel absolutely great when I finish a work out. Starting my day at 5:30 am at the gym.... does amazing things for my mood!!!

That being said.... not sure I will ever love it. I dread it often till I get there, then I love it and am so glad I went. Uff...?

And all the exercise in the world is not going to change my sagging skin..... but i am 49.

Not me... I have been skipping exercise and have now stalled out, maybe even gained a bit.

I can see how you'll lose weight without excercise, but you have to wiser with your food choices, right? I haven't been approved for my band yet, but I've been on here a lot lately. The food seems to be lots of Protein first, veggies, and a little starch, like a total of a cup of food at time? Have you guys heard of anyone eating like crap and still losing? Is that even possible? I'm genuinly curious :)

My husband says I eat crap. I'm more than 3 yrs post op, have lost over 100 lbs and still eat crap. Not very much of it, I will admit, but I still eat like crap. I wish I had learned how to eat healthier, as now that I'm 45, I'm thinking not just of weight loss but of my general health (diabetes, etc). It's best if you learn how to eat healthy right off the bat. I don't eat very much at any given time, but I could improve my diet a little!

Marci

You cant eat crap and lose weight. I rarely eat starchy carbs. I have lived.

Sorry....gotta disagree on this...you should see the "crap food" I've eaten then past year...I just eat much less and I exercise quite a bit