Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carb Cycling- An Experiment Gone Right!

Does anyone know, when chris says to eat 5 meals a day, can they be light Snacks spaced out every 3 hours instead? (example: small light yogurt, light string cheese etc)

Thanks in advance

How many of you have actually lost weight on this diet. Just wondering. How long have you kept is ofrf or are you up and down? I gain weight if I eat over 35 carbs a day anytime!

Happy New Year!

How many of you have actually lost weight on this diet. Just wondering. How long have you kept is ofrf or are you up and down? I gain weight if I eat over 35 carbs a day anytime!

Happy New Year!

I have lost weight doing this. day to day sometimes my weight fluctuates (sometimes by as much at 2 lbs!!!) but the overall trend is downward

How do live your life on only 35g of carbs/day? lol In would go nuts doing that long term

Happy New Year!

I've lost about 18 pounds during the times I carb cycle. I only do it to break plateaus or after "bad eating days", like Thanksgiving or my recent vacation. I'll be doing it again for a couple weeks after New Year's.

Goes to show how everyone is different. The only time I restrict carbs is when I carb cycle on low carb days, otherwise I count calories but never carbs yet I've lost great amounts the last year.

I have lost close to 20 carb cyclying and kept it off since I started. Including all the baking and cooking I did for the Holidays. I have tweaked the concept of carb cycling to fit into my every day lifestyle.

I need a boost after this week so I am going to carb cycle for a week then go back to my normal daily eating but with set amount of carbs I have tweaked for myself that works for me. By January 1st I would have lost a considerable amount of weight not being even a full 6 months banded.

With that said I couldn't thank Missy enough for being the first to experiment with carb cycling and sharing this with all of us. We have all learned a lot about our bodies and how it works, what makes it tick, and what we can do to boost our metabolism when it slows up. Nothing harmful about it, and our surgeons give us 2 thumbs up and couldn't be more pleased!

hi..if the carb cycling is work I Nguyen for you all great...but from all I'm reading it sorta just seems like another fad diet

and I'm so done with fads !!!!

dang...this fire kindle and fixing my spelling....I think my bad spelling is better then this...lol

hi..if the carb cycling is work I Nguyen for you all great...but from all I'm reading it sorta just seems like another fad diet

It's no different and no more a fad than people who follow low carb all the time, which a lot of people on these forums do.

It's a matter of what works best for your body and metabolism, nothing more.

I see nothing wrong with using this diet plan for a week or two to break out of a plateau, even if it is a "fad diet".

But i totally hear where you're coming from!

It boils down to this... WE all are not the same, our bodies are not built the same, we do NOT burn the same. The most important thing you can do for 'yourself' is LISTEN to your own bodies. What it wants, what it needs, what it craves, how it burns. Carbs in a nutshell is the reason we can agree why we all got to be this big in the first place. Some people need more to burn, some less. Its doesn't take a math genius to figure this out!

I can sit down with a NUT and she/he can only 'try' and come up with a plan that 'might' work.. SEE they have NO clue how your body is going work on the plan they give you, it is really guessing, and a lot of it. That is why it is important again that you listen to your own bodies. For me its carbs. I specifically work on the carbs in my daily routine to what fits my needs. I don't carb cycle every single week. I do it occassionaly. However, I took the concept of carb cycling and worked it into my daily lifestyle.

Does my surgeon know, YES,. Does it think its GREAT! YES, he wishes ALL his patients would listen to their own bodies and needs. I don't starve myself, I am eating better than I ever had before. I feel GREAT! that is key. I don't deprive myself on any foods. I eat like a normal person now without cutting out the foods I love. This is a lifestyle change, and eating foods shouldn't be a torture.

What works for YOU is great, what works for YOU does NOT neccessarly mean it works for ME. There should be no reason in the world anyone should condemn the way we treat our bodies if something we are doing HEALTHY works. I don't see anyone on here who is doing this long term, I have NO clue what is the issue or problem. If you have a problem with this then I suggest you leave this topic alone for those who are interested. We should all learn to RESPECT others for whatever they choose to do with their own bodies. WE are NOT children and should not be treated as. WE respect your opinions, but honestly since this has been posted months ago the negative comments still come.

I refuse and will NOT comment on any more posts about this. I have stated my last. I will carry on to do what works best for me. So if it makes you feel good to blog/comment on it, you do that.....

I just ordered this book from Amazon. I hope it helps!

To each is own on this method and I am not commenting either way. Since you are very newly banded, if I recall correctly, please check with your surgeon before trying anything new and make sure you follow your post-op instructions for now as you are healing. Not trying to preach or discredit just want to make sure you heal up well! :)

To each is own on this method and I am not commenting either way. Since you are very newly banded, if I recall correctly, please check with your surgeon before trying anything new and make sure you follow your post-op instructions for now as you are healing. Not trying to preach or discredit just want to make sure you heal up well! :)

Her profile is blank so I'm not sure, but if she is newly banded, I hope she listens to your wise advice.

:)

Anyone carb cycling this week?