Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

My surgery was dec 5th and I'm supposed to be on puréed foods but I feel no restriction. I can eat normal food (I just take a lot of extra care chewing). Does anyone else feel like this? I know there's no Fluid in the band yet but I figured I'd feel some type of restriction. Idk. I haven't lost any weight in 3 days. Anyone else have similar experience?

So are you sticking with the plan or eating 'normal' foods? The restriction will come when you get your fill, but the restricting has to begin with your mind and dedication to letting the post-op diet get its running start.

The surgery went flawless and I am home now from the hospital. I'm down 20 pounds including the preop liquid diet.

Yeah!!!! I am one day post-op and all is well here, too! I also lost 20 pounds on the pre-op … it's a good feeling, isn't it!?! B)

HELP ... Ive followed pre op to a T. Surgery is at 11am .. I have to fast after 6 and all I want is a double cheeseburger

get some chicken broth low sodium

Good evening! I was banded this morning. I have had absolutely no pain. Everyone was amazed. I am sure that will change later. They did find a hiatal hernia which was repaired. Hope everyone else that was banded today had as good an experience as I did. I don't know who posted the advice about having chapstick, but that was a lifesaver, thanks. Not hungry, but dying of thirst. Hard to quench that with little sips, lol.

HELP ... Ive followed pre op to a T. Surgery is at 11am .. I have to fast after 6 and all I want is a double cheeseburger

Haha. My surgery is 11:30 and my fast isn't until midnight. I can't stand the thought of choking down one more shake but I know I'm going to wish I had tomorrow!!!! Let me know how it goes!

Nooooo!!! LOL! The days of focusing on food are gone' date=' except for when thinking up new and fun ways to enjoy eating as per our guidelines! Look at some Soup recipes online and think of ways to make some enjoyable Soups to have during the full-liquid phase. I mapped everything out as per my doc and nutritionalist. I can send you my list if you'd like! It's like a map of when and how I can eat. My surgery was yesterday and recovery as been great thus far! You got this, girl!!! :)[/quote']

I would love to see your list!!! My surgery is tomorrow!! Woot!!

I was banded on 12-03 and dont feel any restriction either. I also take extra time to chew everything really good. I am still doing the Protein Shakes in the morning. And doing mainly liquid and soft foods still just to be safe. I was also told no liquid in band but food could still get stuck.

I would love to see your list!!! My surgery is tomorrow!! Woot!!

:)

I will post my list on my blog. You can download it from there!

Nothing but liquid until week 3 post-op … I have it mapped out by weeks up to 20 weeks and beyond. This info came from my doc and my nutritionalist. :rolleyes:

Surgery went well. Also had a hernia repaired that didn't know I had. Been home since 11. Have pain in my upper back and at the incision spots. Walking and sitting in the recliner. Very tired as I barely slept last night and got up at four. A good deep nap would be great but I don't think that will happen.

Welcome home Tara

I am not baking for Christmas this year thats for sure. Thankfully my husband is very supportive, he was banded two years ago.

Surgery went well. Also had a hernia repaired that didn't know I had. Been home since 11. Have pain in my upper back and at the incision spots. Walking and sitting in the recliner. Very tired as I barely slept last night and got up at four. A good deep nap would be great but I don't think that will happen.

I have had trouble sleeping also. I finally got a good night's sleep in a recliner.maybe a heating pad for your back???

I was banded on 12-03 and dont feel any restriction either. I also take extra time to chew everything really good. I am still doing the Protein shakes in the morning. And doing mainly liquid and soft foods still just to be safe. I was also told no liquid in band but food could still get stuck.

I hear you! I'm just paranoid about band slippage. It's probably fine but when I don't feel restriction my mind wanders. I can't wait until there is Fluid in there. I need the restriction. If I was any good at dieting I never would have been banded.

How crazy is it we have this "thing" inside of us?!

Day 2 post op going well. Not hungry' date=' but very thirsty.

[/quote']

Yay you did it congrats!!