Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

I was banded october 3 rd recovery was good. I have lost 35 pounds since i started my journey. I am on regular diet now and cant wait to get my first fill in november 6 th

Hiya same as 1st oct fill 7th what fill have you got mine is 4mls I have lost a stone some days, but eating more now

congratulations!!! I go in Monday!

Lots of hugs coming your way for Monday! Let us know how you make out.

Keda' date=' I love the sugar free " popsicles " brand. Yellow box and the tropical ones are awesome!![/quote']

Got them ;)

Feeling a little better tonight! Getting all my liquids in and hoping to start Protein Shakes tomorrow. I'm so grateful for the encouragement here, I freaked out earlier wondering why I'd done this....

Hi All !

I was banded Oct 23, 2012. Was in the surgery center 23 hours, insurance said so HA. Was down 35 pds before the banding, 20 of those from the 2 week diet of shakes, broth and Jello. I was totally shocked that morning when I stepped on the scale and saw I had lost 20 pds in 2 weeks.

I had some pain the first couple days. But the pain meds every 6 hours helped. Now just taking pain meds before bed. I am a tummy sleeper, still can't do that, but getting closer.

The Protein shakes from Bariatric Advantage are a life saver, they are awesome. I add some extracts, sf pudding to them to mix up the flavors. And the Protein Soups, chicken noodle and pea Soup from Protdiet, are pretty good too.

My stomach does 'gurgle' a lot. It isn't uncomfortable at all, just gurgles. I hope this will pass. I have never had any hunger. However, I just want to guzzle down a bottle of Water or a glass of tea. I'm so thirsty. I drink every 1/2 hr as instructed by Doc. But still thirsty.

So glad to have found this site, and FINALLY learned how to post HAHA.

I live with my boyfriend, and he really tried to understand, but he can't.

So I am here to stay with some awesome people to DO UNDERSTAND it all.

THANKS EVERYONE AND HAPPY BANDING !!

:lol:

Can anyone help me? Did anyone have a cough going into their surgery date?

I've been coughing for 4 weeks now, my GP has given me 2 different puffers...but now I am only 4 days from surgery and still coughing, and I'm worried that they might try to reschedule my surgery (after this horrendous 2 week diet I'm not sure I can do this again) My GP says that they will definitely postpone if my cough doesn't go away. Worst part is that I don't think I can just postpone...I will probably have to reschedule entirely for sometime in December...as we are going on a vacation Nov 22.

And does anyone know if it is OK to take Nexium in the pre-op diet? I'm wondering if this cough is just GERD now...I used to have a nagging cough all the time because I had GERD (basically just coughing up acid), and Nexium solved it. I still have some in the house. Does having an empty stomach cause extra acid?

I will call the clinic on Monday, but I'm just stressing out about this, and wondered if anyone else had a similar experience

Feeling a little better tonight! Getting all my liquids in and hoping to start Protein shakes tomorrow. I'm so grateful for the encouragement here' date=' I freaked out earlier wondering why I'd done this....[/quote']

Same here Wheaton earth have I done

I've been coughing for 4 weeks now' date=' my GP has given me 2 different puffers...but now I am only 4 days from surgery and still coughing, and I'm worried that they might try to reschedule my surgery (after this horrendous 2 week diet I'm not sure I can do this again) My GP says that they will definitely postpone if my cough doesn't go away. Worst part is that I don't think I can just postpone...I will probably have to reschedule entirely for sometime in December...as we are going on a vacation Nov 22.

And does anyone know if it is OK to take Nexium in the pre-op diet? I'm wondering if this cough is just GERD now...I used to have a nagging cough all the time because I had GERD (basically just coughing up acid), and Nexium solved it. I still have some in the house. Does having an empty stomach cause extra acid?

I will call the clinic on Monday, but I'm just stressing out about this, and wondered if anyone else had a similar experience[/quote']

I was told to take my prevacid leading up to my surgery and was even told to take it the morning of surgery. I think nexium is similar? You should be fine to take it.

Lots of hugs coming your way for Monday! Let us know how you make out.

Thank you! I will keep you posted!

I've been coughing for 4 weeks now, my GP has given me 2 different puffers...but now I am only 4 days from surgery and still coughing, and I'm worried that they might try to reschedule my surgery (after this horrendous 2 week diet I'm not sure I can do this again) My GP says that they will definitely postpone if my cough doesn't go away. Worst part is that I don't think I can just postpone...I will probably have to reschedule entirely for sometime in December...as we are going on a vacation Nov 22.

I will call the clinic on Monday, but I'm just stressing out about this, and wondered if anyone else had a similar experience

I take Nexium 40mg everyday and they told me to take it the day of my surgery also.

I couldn't find out how to share my recipe for my veggie Soup straight from MyFitnessPal, so I added it to my blog, and again, you have to be my friend on LBT to view my blog, sorry! It's that way so people can't randomly view it! http://www.lapbandta...ie-soup-recipe/

Just read this entire string of posts. Really great to hear all your good news, and what I have to expect for my surgery on October 31st.

Can't wait - 5 more days!

that's great, having support is the best and that what i have found. keep in touch and this will also continue to help you :)

oh, everyone is different on the post op pain management. please don't e scared or disappointed if you have to take pain medication, remember the doctor gives it to us for a reason :)

but like you hear alot of us it is minimal and very manageable. big big recomendation...walk walk walk to aide with the gas in the belly and/or shoulders.

you will do great and we will hear (read) about your experience soon!

good luck!!!! :)

Hi All !

I was banded Oct 23, 2012. Was in the surgery center 23 hours, insurance said so HA. Was down 35 pds before the banding, 20 of those from the 2 week diet of shakes, broth and Jello. I was totally shocked that morning when I stepped on the scale and saw I had lost 20 pds in 2 weeks.

I had some pain the first couple days. But the pain meds every 6 hours helped. Now just taking pain meds before bed. I am a tummy sleeper, still can't do that, but getting closer.

The Protein shakes from Bariatric Advantage are a life saver, they are awesome. I add some extracts, sf pudding to them to mix up the flavors. And the Protein Soups, chicken noodle and pea Soup from Protdiet, are pretty good too.

My stomach does 'gurgle' a lot. It isn't uncomfortable at all, just gurgles. I hope this will pass. I have never had any hunger. However, I just want to guzzle down a bottle of Water or a glass of tea. I'm so thirsty. I drink every 1/2 hr as instructed by Doc. But still thirsty.

So glad to have found this site, and FINALLY learned how to post HAHA.

I live with my boyfriend, and he really tried to understand, but he can't.

So I am here to stay with some awesome people to DO UNDERSTAND it all.

THANKS EVERYONE AND HAPPY BANDING !!

:lol:

thank you for shareing. i guess we all have a little of what you just shared. my husband supports me in this process, but even he has said that no one would understand unless they have gone through it.

soooo, here i am!!!

it truely is a great site and everyone i have come across is so encouraging. :)

I just wanted to recommend a couple recipes I've tried, links to them in my blog.

I finally posted about my surgery day and am working on my first two weeks. My blog isn't one of those super helpful blogs, it's more my attempts to document my experiences with humor :)http://thefatgirlthin.blogspot.com/2012/10/surgery.html