Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

Had surgery October 18, surgery was a success. I am also having itchy incision sites. A little pain/discomfort around my port...,

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Hi everyone!! This is my first post!! I was banded Oct 17! So i am 6 days post op! Surgery was so much easier than expected! I was outpatient and i got home from surgery and every hour or two walked all the way around my block. The next day i went shopping, day three was a day at the little league fields and iv been non stop since! Did 2 days of pain meds 1 day of tylenol and i was over it! Im in the liquids phase but have had to do some mushies as well. Is anyone else starving every hour? I have restriction in the sense im full much faster but it doesnt last long and if i only have liquid, even a Protein Shake, im growling in30 minutes!? Any input!? Good luck to us all! Glad i have this support!

I'm 10 days post banding and I'm wondering if you are supposed to be able to feel your band under your skin if you touch your stomach? Any one else able to?

Hi, for me, my port is on my left side right below my rib cage and i can feel it and have been able to since day 1. Its also the only part that felt kinda sore the longest. From what my surgeon said your band is deeper in your abdominal cavity around your stomach and you cant feel that by pushing. The port is what you feel.

Been really struggling this week. I think it's mainly hormones...had a major meltdown last night and went to bed boohooing at 6:00 pm! Ugh.

Mines itch to....But I thought maybe it was the glue that they close me with. My 88yr old grandma said that means they are healing. Might be something to that. Lol

Your grandmother is right as the incision heals the skin gets tighter I used bio oil as soon as my incision had completely healed it was fantastic but a plastics doctor says it doesn't matter what you use as long as you use some type of moisturiser this will help with scaring as well!

5 Days (including today!) Until my big day! Getting crazy anxious, Excited, Happy...etc. LOL

As you can tell from my signature I have been on this journey since January :D I just can't believe it's finally my turn!

Hi everyone!! This is my first post!! I was banded Oct 17! So i am 6 days post op! Surgery was so much easier than expected! I was outpatient and i got home from surgery and every hour or two walked all the way around my block. The next day i went shopping' date=' day three was a day at the little league fields and iv been non stop since! Did 2 days of pain meds 1 day of tylenol and i was over it! Im in the liquids phase but have had to do some mushies as well. Is anyone else starving every hour? I have restriction in the sense im full much faster but it doesnt last long and if i only have liquid, even a Protein Shake, im growling in30 minutes!? Any input!? Good luck to us all! Glad i have this support![/quote']

Are you on full liquids or Protein liquids? How is your protein intake? You will be hungry for a while. Protein helps, also spacing out your food/ liquids help. Play with it until you find the spot that works for you.

I used to wake up, have a hot tea and take my Vitamins. I would pack my Breakfast to eat at the office because if not I'd be starving all day if I had breakfast before 8. Then I would have half of my shake at 11:00 the other half at 12-12:15. lunch at 1:30-2 and so on. Since my body knew I'd be feeding it soon it stopped driving me crazy.

Either way, it's gonna be a while before you aren't hungry so buckle up!

Saw some friends last night who have not seen me in a while and they all oohed and ahhed over my weight loss. I was excited since those that see me every day have been asking me if I got a haircut or telling me that I look rested. :P

Scars are really starting to heal and I can finally sleep comfortably on my stomach so I am sleeping better! YAY!

Hope you all have a good day!

I was banded yesterday? When I came home I was 4 lbs heavier ! Feel bloated. How much Fluid per day did they tell

I was heavier too when I got home but dont forget they pumped us full of fluids and gas.

The next day I was down those few pounds plus a couple extra.

lol.. thats awesome as !!! ive only lost 6.8 kg since surgury :( but appartly im over doing my exercise,, but other then that everything has been going great ive had no complications either "touch wood" i dont, i get my first fill next wednesday YAY

could be calorie intake. you may be exercising yourself into starvation mode. you are alo building muscle which weighs more than fat. i think calories should be like 1000-1200 net per day so you should have a bit more if youre exercising loads. doc will be able to tell you though! keep me updated!

My surgery is Friday, I have to be at the hospital at 6am. Can't wait!!!

Hi everyone, I'm starting this because we are mid way through the month so I'm guessing about half of us have had the procedure done. The October Bandsters thread has been really great with all the positive comments, suggestions and support. It would be great to keep that community going.

I'm two days post surgery. My pain meds are working fine. The surgery was easier than I expected and I hope the recovery keeps going as well.

How is everyone?

hi, i'm happy to join this exciting group, oct2012-Rocks!

i was banded 10/19, so done with clear fluids!

since my journey started i have lost 28lbs! first time in years i am out of the 200's

good going everyone, i'm in to keep Oct2012 Bandsters aLive!!!!

I will be banded on Friday (Oct.19).

Butterflies are getting worse...lol

we were banded the same day, how cool! so how are you doing?

I was Banded on Oct 23rd,just came home yesterday .I"m in a little discomfort but i can deal with it,just walked 1/4 mile. I lost 35lbs prior to my banding.I"m on my way on a new journey in life !

I have been at least 350lbs for about 32 years.I"m 68 years old and i feel great & very positive about my new journey!

I was Banded on Oct 23rd' date='just came home yesterday .I"m in a little discomfort but i can deal with it,just walked 1/4 mile. I lost 35lbs prior to my banding.I"m on my way on a new journey in life !

I have been at least 350lbs for about 32 years.I"m 68 years old and i feel great & very positive about my new journey![/quote']

Congrats on making this big step in your life!