Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

So today my steri strips started falling off, tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. where my largest incision is at it is red and puffy and has yellowish stuff coming out. I called my drs office because i dont see him until Nov. 5 and the nurse took down a note but has not called back. Anything to be worried about?

it should be fine im three weeks out n mine are still swollen and itchy n red,, if your really worried put some disinfect and but i wouldnt bandafe them up again cuz the air will help them dry out, bandaids keep them moist amd thats when infections grow :/

we were banded the same day, how cool! so how are you doing?

I am doing great! I really had no pain after surgery and very little gas. What I did have was in both shoulders. I was out shopping a few hours after my surgery!

I start my pureed food on Saturday and I am really looking forward to having some substance to my diet. Soup is ok but I am getting sick of it.

I lost 9 lbs pre op and so far 4 lbs post op.

How are you doing? Surgery go well?

Lynn

I was Banded on Oct 23rd,just came home yesterday .I"m in a little discomfort but i can deal with it,just walked 1/4 mile. I lost 35lbs prior to my banding.I"m on my way on a new journey in life !

I have been at least 350lbs for about 32 years.I"m 68 years old and i feel great & very positive about my new journey!

Love your attitude! I am 61 years old and am also very positive and excited about my journey!

Hello all, I was banded 10/4 and also had an umbilical hernia repaired at the same time, went home that night, and other than being sore the first couple of days, it wasnt that bad overall. Actually had my first fill yesterday 10/24, and that went well also. Been on liquids since the fill, and am looking forward to puree'd food tomorrow! Lost 12 lbs pre op and 7 lbs post op...so excited about the possibilities!

So today my steri strips started falling off' date=' tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. where my largest incision is at it is red and puffy and has yellowish stuff coming out. I called my drs office because i dont see him until Nov. 5 and the nurse took down a note but has not called back. Anything to be worried about?[/quote']

Follow up with the dr office. No puss should be coming out. Keep it dry. Insist on being heard.

Keep me posted!

So today my steri strips started falling off' date=' tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. where my largest incision is at it is red and puffy and has yellowish stuff coming out. I called my drs office because i dont see him until Nov. 5 and the nurse took down a note but has not called back. Anything to be worried about?[/quote']

Yes, please call, or show up! An infected wound must be treated. Please let us know how you're doing.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to call again in the morning, will let you all know.

Glad to hear your doing good. I was banded Oct 11th' date=' for the most part I'm fine. I'm still on clears Friday. Can't wait to move to full...I need Protein. Lol. I agree lets keep this room going. And keep each other posted on our new life's.

[/quote']

I go tomorrow at 9 scared a little. How do u feel everyone say I will vomit a lot. :/ to scared

Thanks everyone, I'm going to call again in the morning, will let you all know.

Please do hun. It sounds like a leakage? I was told if that happens to call the dr officer, even if it's 2am. ( not to scare you, she meant if anything that was in a must call the office description ). You should have a number you can call anytime. I've read that most of you had your cuts covered/bandaged, man.. they sent me home with nothing covering them. lol. Not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing tbh with you. I haven't had any problems with them and they seem to be doing good. Pain around my largest incision or sometimes completely away and in the middle of all of them.

And wish I saw this thread sooner! I am an Oct bander! Ooh Yaaa! hehe got banded 10/22/12 I am on my 4th day post off and Just started drinking my Protein today. I just couldn't get any in the other days. I could barely drink Water, well enough to keep me from being dehydrated and that was because my tummy was so darn bloated. Everytime I took sips of water it would make me queasy. Today I am feeling wonderful, had 2 protein shakes.. some propels and a half cup of lentil Soup ( blended). Suppose to be on full liquids for another week and a half and then I get to move on to mushies which I can't Wait for!! omg.. so tired of liquids. lol. I am so excited and just can't wait till I can eat right.. real food! and exercise. My Dr. did not fill my band, he said he wanted my body to heal irst and then he will on my fill date which I still am not sure when that is. 4 weeks I think. I was full though after my half cup of soup so much be some restriction at least.

I love this place.. and all you here. Everyone has been so awesome.. wish we all lived close by! lol. :D

Tomorrow is my first post op appointment!! I am nervous and excited! Hoping i can have something of substance!! Another good thing... Since i started my pre op diet i have lost 21lbs as of today! 16 pre op and 5 post op!!! I also noticed my jeans are falling down and do not need to be unbottoned to take them off! I can also wear a number of shirts in a size smaller!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Hi all, it's 5:45am and I'm walking in to be admitted! Just a couple hours and I will be banded!!!

I go tomorrow at 9 scared a little. How do u feel everyone say I will vomit a lot. :/ to scared

I feel really good...three weeks post-op. I haven't throw up yet. (Knock on wood). Just get through surgery first and then think not worry about the rest. You will do great...and remember God is in that room with you. See you on the other side. Keep me posted!!!☺

Good luck hun!! you'll do great! I haven't thrown up yet and I am 5 days post op! and yes... ( knock on wood ) hehe