Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

im 4 days out.. i can have Tomato Soup? ????

a pillow for the ride home, to hold your guts in.. lol for sure. chapstick. gas X,,, and alot of walking around if you can take it.. my nurse sayd,, if youre watching tv,,, get up at every commercial;

Im officially and October Bandster!! Was banded today! Luckily I dont have to stay in the hosptal overnight. I was there at 1215 and out by 5. Im very excited my journey is beginning now! I lost 13 pounds pre-op which was very excitinf and a great start to this journey! My pain in my shoulder is horrible, heatig pad has eased it a little. Also the pain in my belly hurts when i get up or down or lay down, no fun but expected. I also have some nausea but i dobt think will be around for long. I did have a small hital hernia repair to my suprise. The doctor told me 8 out of 10 people usually have one. So he said i might be a little more tender from that. Anyways, i received beautiful flowers from my great group of friends and my parents gave me a little stuffed monkey with a heat on its chest, also had a note around its neck stating my mom was praying for me because she could do not go with me to have the surgery like she wanted to. My parents have been wonderful! Well, the pain meds and nausea medicine are starting to kick, time for me to rest. :)

I wrote a blog entry about my experience with my surgery last week if you would like to read it. I'm pretty sure that I list the items that I brought along to the hospital as well.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/blog/7154-my-band-journey/

You have to add me as a friend to view it' date=' but that's just one click. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk[/quote']

How do I friend you? I'd love to read your blog.

im 4 days out.. i can have Tomato Soup? ????

I was allowed Tomato Soup after my first doc visit, when I switched off Clear liquids. That was 5 days post op.

Hi bandsters! I got banded 10/18/12. Had a hard time sleeping, so hubby went and bought me a recliner! Anyhow, does anyone know when we can stop crusging meds? Also When the bloating comes down the sides is very uncomfortable...any suggestions?

post-204296-13813134398579_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24910[/ATTACH]

post-344952-13813140435895_thumb.png

Ok, not too be gross but I want to talk about 1st poop after surgery:) lol my sister told me her 1st poop was "EPIC" first a hard plug of poo came out after pushing like she was giving birth and then the test came flooding out and she felt a zillion times better... Tonight, a day after my surgery I finally passed some gas and my tummy hurt so bad, I felt something trying to come out and a pushed, and almost cried for an hour (afraid I was gonna pop my glue stitches) and finally a couple little balls came out..I feel better but there's more stuck in my stomach:( I want the sweet release my sister experienced:( Any similar experiences fellow October Bansters? Advice? Sincerely, S.O.L

Ugh no poop yet but I'm dreading it. The first poop after my c-section was 3 hours of crying, pushing and frustration. I'm really hoping I won't be going thru that again!

I wrote a blog entry about my experience with my surgery last week if you would like to read it. I'm pretty sure that I list the items that I brought along to the hospital as well.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/blog/7154-my-band-journey/

You have to add me as a friend to view it' date=' but that's just one click. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Thank You Fallon! I read your blog:) We were raised in the same area of Texas BTW

Stupid Question: Can we wear panties during surgery? Lol

How do I friend you? I'd love to read your blog.

You just click on my name and it should pull up my profile and there will be an add button!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk

Thank You Fallon! I read your blog:) We were raised in the same area of Texas BTW

Lol, oh no, if you know of me - don't tell anyone about my surgery! Haha.

Stupid Question: Can we wear panties during surgery? Lol

I was told to take mine off but then I told them I had my lovely monthly friend and they told me to leave them on and gave me one of those oh so wonderful thick diaper-like pads to put on. Lol. I think that was the worst part of it. That and I woke up with Iodine all the way down to my girl parts, I bet they laughed at my diaper. LOL. My panties were hot pink silk boy shorts with lace trim though! Haha. The best part of my stay was that I had a very flamboyant male nurse and he was just hilarious, he definitely helped to calm me down pre op. This guy has TWELVE Christmas trees! TWELVE!

Ok' date=' not too be gross but I want to talk about 1st poop after surgery:) lol my sister told me her 1st poop was "EPIC" first a hard plug of poo came out after pushing like she was giving birth and then the test came flooding out and she felt a zillion times better... Tonight, a day after my surgery I finally passed some gas and my tummy hurt so bad, I felt something trying to come out and a pushed, and almost cried for an hour (afraid I was gonna pop my glue stitches) and finally a couple little balls came out..I feel better but there's more stuck in my stomach:( I want the sweet release my sister experienced:( Any similar experiences fellow October Bansters? Advice? Sincerely, S.O.L[/quote']

I remember when I had my daughter. Oh man, my biggest fear was pooping! I would of rather be trapped in a room with a giant spider than poop. They kept feeding me laxatives and Fiber pills, good thing they didn't do "ahhh" checks to make sure I had taken them, cause they went flying out my mouth the second they left the room. I had an episiotomy, and when I finally did go I ripped a stitch. Gosh that was miserable. I was so worried about scarring but now you can't even tell.

LOL, k, back to post lapband surgery poop. Today made 3 down since surgery last Friday. I didn't have my first one until Tuesday and it wasn't bad, but I did call my mom to share my joy and my daughter and I did the potty dance while she kept telling "Good girl mommy! I'm so proud of you!" lol.

I'm an open book and can openly talk about anything with strangers, but I didn't wanna gross anyone out when I wanted to mention this the other day, glad someone broke the ice! Haha!

hey guys im doing a youtube blog,, please check me out and subscribe,, i think its a great way to keep up to date with each other and inspire each other

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttJduDYJCvcLNYh0tyXAIg?feature=mhee