Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

Also, seems silly but it's huge deal to me, last night I noticed that my nails are all a little farther than my fingertips and they're strong, not brittle! So exciting! Lol. I've had crappy fingernails for a long time! I take my Vitamins religiously now since I started my journey and this, to me, is a huge success! Now come oooon skinny!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk

I was banded on the 12th and I've been wearing an abdominal binder but my incisions are sooo itchy. Lol. Still on liquids, can't wait for mushies!

Thank God it's not just me! The itchy is new and making me nuts! I want to scratch the hell out of them but I wont. Awesome work on your nails! I do nails for some of the girls in my office and I have a couple that can't get their nails to grow for anything so I put Shellac on them. It helps them grow out anyway! I'd highly suggest it as a treat to yourself!

Wish I'd found this forum earlier. Just had my band yesterday. Sore and the dog just jumped in me about an hour ago. Not able to eat much. Half a little package of Jello and I felt kind of nauseous could have been the sweet taste tho. Gonna try some broth but didn't eat yesterday so tired from no Protein and no coffee and pain meds.

Thank God it's not just me! The itchy is new and making me nuts! I want to scratch the hell out of them but I wont. Awesome work on your nails! I do nails for some of the girls in my office and I have a couple that can't get their nails to grow for anything so I put Shellac on them. It helps them grow out anyway! I'd highly suggest it as a treat to yourself!

I was going to start on prenatal Vitamins again if they didn't start growing soon but it seems that they're doing great with what I'm taking. I plan on getting a mani pedi this weekend so I'll try that as well! Thanks! =) It's funny how little things like this can make me so exciting! I feel so much more feminine with decent nails!

Wish I'd found this forum earlier. Just had my band yesterday. Sore and the dog just jumped in me about an hour ago. Not able to eat much. Half a little package of Jello and I felt kind of nauseous could have been the sweet taste tho. Gonna try some broth but didn't eat yesterday so tired from no Protein and no coffee and pain meds.

My discharge nurse told me to avoid Jello at first. She said it can expand in the esophagus or stomach and not feel so good.

I've had one Protein shake and one cup of cream of Tomato Soup today (and a lot of water) and I'm not at all hungry. It's weird, because I don't feel all that restricted while I drink, but feel very full when I'm done.

I will be banded on Friday (Oct.19).

Butterflies are getting worse...lol

Until the minute they gave me the anesthesia I was nervous. And then after I thought WTH did I do. But now I'm 25lbs down on day 16. I still hate the band but I'm felling great about the operation.

Hello all. I just got banded today and they are keeping me overnight. The surgey went well and I'm not in pain from the band BUT the gas pains are incredibly painful. Any suggestions bc this pain is unbearable, also the repaired a hernia. Congrats to all October bandsters.

Hello all. I just got banded today and they are keeping me overnight. The surgey went well and I'm not in pain from the band BUT the gas pains are incredibly painful. Any suggestions bc this pain is unbearable' date=' also the repaired a hernia. Congrats to all October bandsters.[/quote']

Overnight huh? Is it a requirement of your insurance? I was banded 10/5 and no matter how much they pumped me with pain meds the gas pain didn't go away. Walking and heating pads are the only thing that helped me. GasX works for what is actually IN your stomach.

Until the minute they gave me the anesthesia I was nervous. And then after I thought WTH did I do. But now I'm 25lbs down on day 16. I still hate the band but I'm felling great about the operation.

When I got home from the hospital I said that to myself. It was like it hit me at that moment. Crazy huh?

Also' date=' seems silly but it's huge deal to me, last night I noticed that my nails are all a little farther than my fingertips and they're strong, not brittle! So exciting! Lol. I've had crappy fingernails for a long time! I take my Vitamins religiously now since I started my journey and this, to me, is a huge success! Now come oooon skinny!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk[/quote']

My nails are longer and growing faster than ever before too! Yadiggity!

Hello all. I just got banded today and they are keeping me overnight. The surgey went well and I'm not in pain from the band BUT the gas pains are incredibly painful. Any suggestions bc this pain is unbearable' date=' also the repaired a hernia. Congrats to all October bandsters.[/quote']

They say walking is supposed to help the gas pains. I had a hernia repair too that I had no idea I had. Keep wondering why it didn't show up during my EGD??

Overnight huh? Is it a requirement of your insurance? I was banded 10/5 and no matter how much they pumped me with pain meds the gas pain didn't go away. Walking and heating pads are the only thing that helped me. GasX works for what is actually IN your stomach.

My surgeon keeps everyone overnight just to keep an eye on us. I'm trying to walk as much as I can but the nurse thinks is too much. Go figure but thanks for the advice I will BA walking in my room I'm desperate for relief.

Wish I'd known about the Jello thing I started feeling queasy and I was like the last thing I want to do is get sick today. Couldn't even imagine how bad that would hurt. Jello was actually on my list. I'm on Clear Liquids. Would love to eat something with Protein tho I am exhausted like I cannot sleep enough.

I was banded on Oct. 1st. Doing fine. As of right now I've lost 21#s since pre-surgery liquid diet, 34#s overall. I noticed yesterday that my middle incision is starting to sink in a little. Not sure if it's cause I'm losing weight, or if the swelling has finally gone away. Doing mushies right now and it's going ok. Still hungry, but part of it right now is PMS too. ;)

Hi Everyone!

Really glad I found this! I just got banded on the 13th of October and I'm still in my liquid diet phase. Not restricted to clear liquids' date=' just creamed Soups, smoothies and Protein shakes. I"m STARVING but feeling really lucky I don't have pain and am not even on Tylenol and have been back at work since 2 days after surgery. I can't wait to move to mushy food - i"m sure i'll be sick of that diet by the end too, but seriously...my stomach needs something it can grab on to!

Anyone else having itchy incision sites?[/quote']

Mines itch to....But I thought maybe it was the glue that they close me with. My 88yr old grandma said that means they are healing. Might be something to that. Lol