Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I have a bunch of friends on another app that I use and I'm starting to see a pattern in a few of them. It's almost every day they post "today wasn't good, tomorrow will be better", well, yeah, that works here and there and we ALL have bad days, but for most of us - tomorrow actually comes. It's not my concern or my business, really, but they post this, like I said, almost every day! I'm not sure if I want friends like that. Is that wrong of me? They're sweet people, but posting that over and over makes me want to speak up and question why they even got a band to begin with. Eating that much and that poorly sure can't be good on the band either! I'm in no way perfect and I expect to have hiccups here and there, but ugh, just had to vent. Is it wrong of me to want to delete them? They constantly get positive feedback from others, and I wish I could keep giving my support to them, but you can only help someone so much, right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk

Okay senior Bandsters. I need some advice. I was banded on the 11th of October, and I'm going into my third week. I'm a little concerned because I feel like I'm not getting enough Protein. I'm trying to stick to the 2-3 Protein Shakes a day with 2-3 1 cup meals (soft meals) but I'm finding it difficult. Right now it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get down a Protein Drink with minimal air. By that time it only gives me two hours before I'm suppose to eat again but by that time I'm still not hungry. The funny thing is, all though I'm not eating much as soon as I started sorts I gained back two pounds (which I'm not stressed about, just found it weird). And my stomach always seem to be singing to me making all kinds of rumbling noises (not used to that). I'm hoping that I'm cleared to start exercising this week (had hernia repair somI had to take it easy) and maybe this will alleviate some of these issues. Lastly I'm exceptionally tired which I thought would subside by now. I'm a little scared about going back to work like this considering I work 12 hour shifts.

Okay senior Bandsters. I need some advice. I was banded on the 11th of October, and I'm going into my third week. I'm a little concerned because I feel like I'm not getting enough Protein. I'm trying to stick to the 2-3 Protein Shakes a day with 2-3 1 cup meals (soft meals) but I'm finding it difficult. Right now it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get down a protein drink with minimal air. By that time it only gives me two hours before I'm suppose to eat again but by that time I'm still not hungry. The funny thing is, all though I'm not eating much as soon as I started sorts I gained back two pounds (which I'm not stressed about, just found it weird). And my stomach always seem to be singing to me making all kinds of rumbling noises (not used to that). I'm hoping that I'm cleared to start exercising this week (had hernia repair somI had to take it easy) and maybe this will alleviate some of these issues. Lastly I'm exceptionally tired which I thought would subside by now. I'm a little scared about going back to work like this considering I work 12 hour shifts.

So, I have a bunch of friends on another app that I use and I'm starting to see a pattern in a few of them. It's almost every day they post "today wasn't good, tomorrow will be better", well, yeah, that works here and there and we ALL have bad days, but for most of us - tomorrow actually comes. It's not my concern or my business, really, but they post this, like I said, almost every day! I'm not sure if I want friends like that. Is that wrong of me? They're sweet people, but posting that over and over makes me want to speak up and question why they even got a band to begin with. Eating that much and that poorly sure can't be good on the band either! I'm in no way perfect and I expect to have hiccups here and there, but ugh, just had to vent. Is it wrong of me to want to delete them? They constantly get positive feedback from others, and I wish I could keep giving my support to them, but you can only help someone so much, right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk

'

Fallon,

I can TOTALLY relate to this. I find it difficult to listen when people talk about how the doctor told them to do A but they are going to do B because they don't like A. I just want to follow doctor's orders. Why? Because every single successful bandster I know in person and online has said they followed doctor's orders. I want to be the poster child for my surgeon's next powerpoint presentation to newbies!

I also think that some people (YouTube is full of them) did not take the time to really think about how this decision would change their life. I had a friend recently try to convince me not to have the surgery because her band 'didn't' work. Through our conversation, it turns out that she went on a cruise and convinced her surgeon to take all the Fluid out of her band so she could "enjoy' her vacation. After gaining 10 pounds back over the week, she felt embarrassed about going back and continued to regain her weight. That isn't the BAND not working! She was so negative about banding that I couldn't continue to talk to her. I think you need to do what's best for you and put your needs first. You are not here to support anyone but yourself. And if you are having a particularly good day and can help someone else. awesome! Each person's journey is their own.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and I'd like to surround myself with those who are trying to stay positive and work toward a wonderful goal together.

Glad to be your bandster sista! ;-)

'

Fallon,

I can TOTALLY relate to this. I find it difficult to listen when people talk about how the doctor told them to do A but they are going to do B because they don't like A. I just want to follow doctor's orders. Why? Because every single successful bandster I know in person and online has said they followed doctor's orders. I want to be the poster child for my surgeon's next powerpoint presentation to newbies!

I also think that some people (YouTube is full of them) did not take the time to really think about how this decision would change their life. I had a friend recently try to convince me not to have the surgery because her band 'didn't' work. Through our conversation, it turns out that she went on a cruise and convinced her surgeon to take all the Fluid out of her band so she could "enjoy' her vacation. After gaining 10 pounds back over the week, she felt embarrassed about going back and continued to regain her weight. That isn't the BAND not working! She was so negative about banding that I couldn't continue to talk to her. I think you need to do what's best for you and put your needs first. You are not here to support anyone but yourself. And if you are having a particularly good day and can help someone else. awesome! Each person's journey is their own.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and I'd like to surround myself with those who are trying to stay positive and work toward a wonderful goal together.

Well said !! surround yourself with positive people.. you are beginning this journey and don't need anyone bringing you down. Or tell them what ya feel about it and maybe that will help them.

Okay senior Bandsters. I need some advice. I was banded on the 11th of October, and I'm going into my third week. I'm a little concerned because I feel like I'm not getting enough Protein. I'm trying to stick to the 2-3 Protein shakes a day with 2-3 1 cup meals (soft meals) but I'm finding it difficult. Right now it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get down a protein drink with minimal air. By that time it only gives me two hours before I'm suppose to eat again but by that time I'm still not hungry. The funny thing is, all though I'm not eating much as soon as I started sorts I gained back two pounds (which I'm not stressed about, just found it weird). And my stomach always seem to be singing to me making all kinds of rumbling noises (not used to that). I'm hoping that I'm cleared to start exercising this week (had hernia repair somI had to take it easy) and maybe this will alleviate some of these issues. Lastly I'm exceptionally tired which I thought would subside by now. I'm a little scared about going back to work like this considering I work 12 hour shifts.

Have the same concerns....help?

So' date=' I have a bunch of friends on another app that I use and I'm starting to see a pattern in a few of them. It's almost every day they post "today wasn't good, tomorrow will be better", well, yeah, that works here and there and we ALL have bad days, but for most of us - tomorrow actually comes. It's not my concern or my business, really, but they post this, like I said, almost every day! I'm not sure if I want friends like that. Is that wrong of me? They're sweet people, but posting that over and over makes me want to speak up and question why they even got a band to begin with. Eating that much and that poorly sure can't be good on the band either! I'm in no way perfect and I expect to have hiccups here and there, but ugh, just had to vent. Is it wrong of me to want to delete them? They constantly get positive feedback from others, and I wish I could keep giving my support to them, but you can only help someone so much, right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Fallon,

They make it harder when they don't want to do what the dr says and then just complain about it. I deal with a lot of these people in my daily life. I have to hear about that it was the wrong decision and that i should have just controlled my food and exercised. We all came to the decision to go thru with the band to help us not very lightly and for some of us it was our last hope because everything else failed. By having the support of each other on here we will make it and look and feel fabulous and know it was worth everything.

We will go thru rough days but if thats all they post on the other app, its not a bad thing to delete them, we all need encouragement to get thru our new journey and if we are being discouraged by some then its time to move on without feeling guilty. We have had to break a lot of ties to get the band (mainly with food), but having negativity we have to break too.

Fallon, I agree with the others- the only thing I'd add is that their stories are not our stories. Their negativity, their mistakes don't have to be yours or anyone else's. your path is still unfolding so have hope and stay strong! The healthier you get for yourself, the healthier you can be even for them...

The clerk who reviewed my file at the pre-op testing office told me she had her band done three months ago. She told me she has lost a total of 8 pounds. I didn't say anything, but I was surprised she had lost so little, as she was on the larger side (like me).

She told me about how she didn't really stick to her pre-op diet, has had only one fill and doesn't have the time to exercise. She also told me she was "good most of the day, but dinners and weekends were harder."

It was really a great wake up call that we have to be pretty vigilant about changing our life long habits.

'

Fallon,

I saw my therapist today..unrelated to lapband...she told me that my decision to have surgery was really brave. I could have everything status quo, but like all of you decided to take my life back. With that being said, this means that I have to follow the advise of the people who know best. After all if I could do it on my own I wouldn't have needed the surgery. So, if I am brave for taking my life back then so are all of you!

I cannot believe that people make the decision to have this surgery, and don't take it seriously.

I'm only 6 days into my pre-op diet, but I would never even consider cheating. I did not come by this decision lightly, and plan to do everything in my control to make sure this works!

You will all do very well with your attitude .

That's what is really nice about being on a forum. The pro's can inspire us and the ppl who make terrible food choices can also inspire us.

I feel sorry for some ppl b/c they were given the LB, but absolutely no instructions. It amazes me.

I was pleased to have 6 mths to research everything I needed to know about the band. Had my insurance said sure right away and a couple wks later get banded, I would have failed. I needed 6mths of LBT to be ready.

To our success!

I cannot believe that people make the decision to have this surgery, and don't take it seriously.

I'm only 6 days into my pre-op diet, but I would never even consider cheating. I did not come by this decision lightly, and plan to do everything in my control to make sure this works!

I don't know that anyone does not take surgery seriously. I just beleive that some people have completly mentally prepared for a full and permanent lifestyle change. Others think they have and the struggle. Did they do all the research, are they willing to be uncomfortable? Do they have the support system in place? I don't know if I will be successful because I can't see the future. All I know is that I tried to make every possible preparation I can to make sure that I am successful. I have been seeing a mental health counselor for three years, I have a wellness coach online, I have spoken to four friends who have had the surgery, I have prepared my family for what is to come (as best as I know) how, I've cleaned out the house of bad food, purchased the food I know I need, watched videos of other bandsters for hours, and on and on. I may fail but it won't be for lack of trying. And if I stumble, I will pick myself up and try again. I can't ever say that I've had this particular mindset about losing weight ever before.

It's kind of like a Weight Watchers meeting. Everyone comes in all gung ho but after a while you see people start to cheat. They start talking about how they were able to eat their daily points in brownies and still lost that week. They game the system for a while and you know what, they drop out soon after. How do I know this? I was one of them.

The alternative to doing what I need to do to shed this weight is death. Sorry to be

so dramatic but that's how I truly feel. I remember a man on Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition saying that the next step after 518lbs (his highest weight) was death and I totally understand what he means. I want life and I want to LIVE it not just exist or survive.

This is a radical change from where I've been but I need radical change!

In hosp in very much pain. I really need support.

Seeme, hang in there! This too will pass. Take your pain meds and tell them what kind of pain you are in. Once I got home I continued on pain meds for a couple days and then just at night to make sure I got a good nights rest. You will need to take that time to help your body heal. Good luck. Just keep thinking about how you will get through this and how worth it it will be.