Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started last Friday! I'm having my surgery done by Dr. Reilly in Houston' date=' Texas.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Wow its getting close isn't it? What does your diet consist of? I'm on three shakes a day and Water. What time is your surgery? Mine is at 11am and u have to be there at 9am. I am getting banded in Charleston wv

I can't wait for that feeling. I'm tired of feeling hungry all the time. Stay strong, 5 more days!!

I just got my time for Monday, 1:30 pm. Man, nothing to eat or drink after midnight. That's gonna be tough!

Day 4 - Made it through the seminar will all that food and deserts. Thank goodness for the instant broth. Got home last night and came up with some recipes for those who are interested.

First I created a vegetable broth. Water, carrots, onions, celery, broccoli, lots of garlic cloves and dill spices. I drink the broth for lunch and have the veggies for dinner.

Also, I threw some cauliflower in the oven, sprayed it with fat free non stick cooking spray and sprinkled some paprika and garlic. Another interesting dish with cauliflower (which I didn't make last night) is to steam the heck out of it and then mash it. The mashed cauliflower almost tastes like mash potatoes.

Also, does anyone know if squash is allowed? The only vegetable no-no's my doctor told me was corn, peas, potatoes or Beans.< /p>

At the hospital! So exited for today!

Good luck! You'll do great!

At the hospital! So exited for today!

So excited for you!!! Good luck!!

After 8 months of insurance hoops and appointments I FINALLY have my date!! I'm October 8th and my partner is October 1st. Anyone else here October bandsters? I'm getting very excited!!

October 29. Still have 10 pounds to lose and this liquid diet is really the pits.

October 29. Still have 10 pounds to lose and this liquid diet is really the pits.

Started the liquid today, wanted to throw up. I am not liking the shakes at all. worse part this is all I am on and a cup of veggies. Gotta pull through! 2 weeks to go!

October 17th! Indianapolis!

Same here! Scheduled for the 8th ... Finished pre op clearance and everything.but no approval that I know of. I am hungry but I am doing the diet.. Lost 6 lbs since last week.. Funny thing is I'm freezing all the time now.. Go figure.. Re: insurance I'm just putting it in Gods hands if it's his will I will be in surgery Monday . If not I'll be trying to maintain what I've lost on this diet.. I'm so hungry i think im going a bit loopy anyway so I can't think any deeper on it than that :) good luck October bandsters!!!!

APPROVED!!!!!!

Hello everyone!

I'm drawing close to my date, October 9. I've been on my Optifast for 10 days. I've learned a few things in the past ten days.

First of all, yes, this is hard, but we can't keep saying that over and over and making it even bigger in our head than it already is. Acknowledge it's hard. Move on. Keep your hands and mind busy with something other than dwelling on what we already know.

Second, I have to retrain my brain that the way I've thought about food in the past cannot be the same way I think about it in the future. Otherwise, the band will fail and this will have all been for nothing. This requires LIFE CHANGE. Not just a couple of weeks before surgery, forever. No, it doesn't have to be Optifast or liquids only forever, but the change must be permanent.

If we do things the way they've always been done then we will get the same results we've always gotten.

I hope so much for all of us we can make that permanent change. We will have hard days, we will have times we eat the wrong thing and thats part of life We can't get stuck in the rut over that and let it derail our goals like we all have in the past. I know thats a very bold and generalized statement, but I'd be willing to bet we have all gone down that path, or we wouldn't be on this path.

I say this to remind myself and hopefully encourage someone else.

Yes, Protein Drinks will never, EVER be as good and yummy as an extra thick milkshake from Maggie Moo's. However, nothing will ever taste as good as skinny (at least a lot thinner ;) ) will feel.

I can't wait for that feeling. I'm tired of feeling hungry all the time. Stay strong, 5 more days!!

How are you doing? I am feeling so not hungry, but I am sick of the shakes. 3 more days! I am getting really excited and nervous. I finally got my time, 1:30 in the afternoon. That's gonna suck. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. What time do you go in? Good Luck!

How are you doing? I am feeling so not hungry' date=' but I am sick of the shakes. 3 more days! I am getting really excited and nervous. I finally got my time, 1:30 in the afternoon. That's gonna suck. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. What time do you go in? Good Luck![/quote']

I'm definitely feeling a lot better not as hungry. And yes very tired of the shakes. I had to go find another brand & flavor just to change things up a bit. Wow you got your time already? That's good. I have to call late this afternoon to get my time. I can't believe it's almost Monday. We just have to get thru this weekend. It sucks that you have a late time, hopefully it won't be too much later than that. I think we will be so anxious & excited that the not eating/drinking after midnite won't be so bothersome. At least I hope so. Yay, 3 more days!! And our new journey will begin. Our life is gonna change for the better. Good luck to you too :)

I got so hungry last night and tried to eat. So guilty, I threw up! OH Geesh! I can do this! Today is going to be better.

Surgery time is 10:00am on the 9th!