Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Day Post-Op Having Major Trouble Drinking All Of My Protein In.

I'm on the liquid phase of the post-op diet and I have to get at least 48 grams of Protein and liquid also. Problem is i'm not hungry at all and getting my protein, my Water, and Vitamins plus any kind of broth it's just too much I just can't and I'm no getting either all my vitamins or all of my protein. Any suggestions?

I was the same way. My surgeon's nurse told me to get the Protein Shots. I was able to get them down even when I wasn't hungry. They look like those energy shots, can be found at Walmart by the Protein Powder & drinks. They are usually fruit flavored & are loaded with Protein. You can also get them from GNC.< /p>

I agree with the Protein shots. Mixing a scoop of Matrix Protein with yogurt is another option.

Are you of your recently banded still having pain in the port area and/or running a low grade fever?

I am on day 5 and cannot get up from lying down without help. I can stand from sitting without problems. Also, it seems every evening my temp get up in the high 99s or low 100s.l

Please note that my suggestion on mixing Matrix Protein with yogurt is for full liquid phase and not clear liquid, so depending on your doc's schedule, you may have to wait a few days.

thanks for the suggestions ladies i'll go and look for the Protein Shots an dlater on the othe rpahse ai'll try the matrix and yogurt it sounds great. As for fever no I have not had any thankfully. You need t ocall your doctor or go to the ER those were my Drs. orders if I experienced fever over 101.1- I'm 3 days out and need help to get up or go down from bed. Sitting and gettin gup from seats i'm ok my sofa not so good. I don't have pain on th eport i'm just very sore from all o fmy body, my back hurts, and what I experienced a few minutes ago was that I got really lightheaded probably because i'm not eating enough. Hope you feel better and thanks you both for your tips. I invite you ladies to "like" my Facebook Page Nayelli's A Smile For a Pound Support Community https://www.facebook.com/NasfapsCommunity?ref=hl or subscribe to my Youtube channel just look up nasfapcommunity where i'm documenting mu Journey

My doc's orders on the temp was 101 or above to seek assistance. I am staying below that with tylenol. Curious if anyone else running a low grade fever.

Fever is a sign of a problem - not something to be managed! Call your doctor before it develops in to something more severe! Since I don't run any fevers ANY fever would be an issue for me to be worried about. Please don't mess around with it - OK?

I'm on the liquid phase of the post-op diet and I have to get at least 48 grams of Protein and liquid also. Problem is i'm not hungry at all and getting my Protein, my Water, and Vitamins plus any kind of broth it's just too much I just can't and I'm no getting either all my Vitamins or all of my protein. Any suggestions?

The idea is first protein then Water and other liquids. There is a product called LiquiCel that is like the shot of protein. Target carries it but you have to ask at the pharmacy for it...it's not cheap but worth the price - check out the per oz. cost to compare and the taste is better than a lot of the other shots out there. There is also Isopure which is 40 grams of protein in 20 oz. of water so it counts for both! I find it at GNC and Vitamin Shoppe if you have them locally. Good luck and do the best you can! And sip. sip, and sip all day if you need to!

Hey nayelli,

I was banded on Monday soninguess that makes day 5. I completely understand how you feel. I was not hingreyvatvall the first 3 days. In fact I had to force myself to have at least 1 Protein shake a day. And the first one took about 4 hours to drink. Today is day 5 and I felt my first real hunger sign. Today I actually was able to have 3 Protein shakes and a bowl of Soup. Everyday gets easier.

I second Isopure, the grape and green apple are pretty good. Watch the lemon tea, as it has caffeine and depending on what your instructions are, you may not be able to have this yet. I was told no caffeine for 2 weeks after surgery.

Thanks! I will go tomorrow an dllok for Isopure it sounds perfect!! also I agree that fever is a problem even if low please Gigi get that checked righ away.

Hey nayelli,

I was banded on Monday soninguess that makes day 5. I completely understand how you feel. I was not hingreyvatvall the first 3 days. In fact I had to force myself to have at least 1 Protein shake a day. And the first one took about 4 hours to drink. Today is day 5 and I felt my first real hunger sign. Today I actually was able to have 3 Protein shakes and a bowl of Soup. Everyday gets easier.

Hi there, I was actually banded on tuesday so though tthat made friday day 3 but maybe i'm counting wrong lol!! Thanks alot it bring some confort to know that it will get better because I also forced myself to drink one Protein Shake and it takes FOREVER!! it's funny how I have not felt hungry in days. Glad you are doing better =)

I second Isopure, the grape and green apple are pretty good. Watch the lemon tea, as it has caffeine and depending on what your instructions are, you may not be able to have this yet. I was told no caffeine for 2 weeks after surgery.

Hi! thanks for the suggestions it's better to know which flavors taste good than to just buy whatever and hope for the best. Really appreciate it! =)

Thank you all for your concern. The fever broke before I went to bed last night and I feel good this morning. I promise I will call the doc if it comes back.

Don't drive yourself crazy, having lower Protein for a day or two won't kill you, so just do the best you can.

I didn't like Isopure at all, so make sure you taste them before buying a whole bunch. My favorite was the GNC Lean shake in chocolate.

Good luck.