Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Say?

When I first woke up my ? Was "did they do it" lol

This is a great topic! I remember they kept telling me that I was going to have to wake up and then kept piling warm blankets on because I guess I was shivering. I remember not wanting to wake up because I felt nauseated. So my first words were " I'm going to be sick". If they had just let me sleep...LOL!!

This is a great topic! I remember they kept telling me that I was going to have to wake up and then kept piling warm blankets on because I guess I was shivering. I remember not wanting to wake up because I felt nauseated. So my first words were " I'm going to be sick". If they had just let me sleep...LOL!!

Yeah my teeth where chattering and they were like " are you cold?" and I was like " no! It hurts to breath! I want my mama!" lol

I was only outta surgery for five minutes when I jumped up and scared the crap outta the nurse pushing my bed to yhe recovery room and I tried pullin off all my blankets and started yellin "did you cut me all the way open?" I was so large before surgery my biggest fear was laprascopic wasn't going to be an option once they got in there. She jumped screamed holy hell why are you awake? Lol

I screamed and cried and fought! I remember then telling me I had to be still or I would hurt myself!

"It hurts, it hurts, oh God, it hurts". Over and over again. Haha!

I couldn't speak. For real, I could open my eyes for a few moments but I just couldn't speak. I had a real hard time waking up.

I do remember yelling for someone to help me cuz they stuck me in a hallway waiting for someone to move me from xray to recovery. I was alone forever and I had to pee.

My first words was my name and then date, that is what I was asked as soon as I woke up, lol

But, as soon as they were done asking me quesitons, I asked for Water and they told me NO, but swabbed me. After that I just laid back down and slept.

I asked how my liver looked. And which one of the cute male nurse/ drs saw me naked?

I woke up and said "I need to walk," over and over. Finally a male nurse told me I need to take it easy for a while because of the anesthesia. That's when I started my leg exercises in the bed. Ha ha. I had read so much about blood clots and the importance of walking that it was drilled into my head. :)

I woke up in the recovery room and I asked the time ...it was 230p... 2 hrs after i went into the operating room. The i asked for something to drink. I was told the time and given a large q tip looking thing to suck on....ick. Lol

Then I started sneezing. And I didn't stop for hours. I was miserable!! They finally called my dr and he ordered some benadryl. That knocked me out and I drank the required 8oz of Water, used the bathroom and at 730p they sent me on my way. I slept all the way home.

When I went to the dr for my post op follow up the dr said he had over 600 surgeries and no one woke up sneezing. LOL.

I woke up vomitting. After one of my many boughts I started crying and and said "I'm not allowed to throw up. Is my band gonna be ok?" they assured me I was ok so I went back to sleep. After spending 24 hours in the hospital due to blood pressure complications, I was allowed to go home.

I remember right after having my band in and port revision...I wanted ice chips...it has been so long I dont remember what I said...when I woke up from my conversion I asked for chicken broth...always thinking of "food" lol...even after wls...

I don't remember much except for that my nurse said everything went ok. Also they were giving me ice chips which I didn't know that I could have.

"my god she talks a lot" there was a really annoying nurse and i woke up to the sound of her voice...lol