Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third Adjustment...not Feeling Restriction Yet....help!!!!

Hi everyone...

I had my surgery on April 16th...I am down 27 pounds and have gone down 2 clothes sizes. HOWEVER, I am on my 3rd adjustment and am still not sure if I have restriction. I know its a learning process and it takes time but to be honest I feel like the weight loss is so slow......VERY SLOW!!! Am I doing okay? When did people really start to lose? in between my 2nd and 3rd fill I only lost 2 pounds in 6 weeks...IS THAT NORMAL? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi everyone...

I had my surgery on April 16th...I am down 27 pounds and have gone down 2 clothes sizes. HOWEVER' date=' I am on my 3rd adjustment and am still not sure if I have restriction. I know its a learning process and it takes time but to be honest I feel like the weight loss is so slow......VERY SLOW!!! Am I doing okay? When did people really start to lose? in between my 2nd and 3rd fill I only lost 2 pounds in 6 weeks...IS THAT NORMAL? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!![/quote']

Hey, I had my surgery close to your date and have stalled losing weight. I have 5 ccs in my band and I can tell. Can't eat fast and get hiccups if I eat too big a bite. I am following a low carb diet strictly and that is what makes it frustrating. I have lost maybe three pounds in 5 weeks since my last Dr visit. I am assuming this is a normal lull and we stick with it.

I don't feel I need another fill and will see how it goes this next month. Started at 308 and now 263 but that was pretty much my weight 5 weeks ago. Hang in there and circle back in a month and let's compare notes.

The weight lost your describing is very normal. Usually it takes about 4 to 5 fills before you start feeling real restrictions. Your doing great. Lap band surgery is about 1 -2[ibs per week.. Stay off the scales and relax. Good luck 2 you both. (at 7.5 )

Thanks so much for your feedback!! It helps!!

Hi everyone...

I had my surgery on April 16th...I am down 27 pounds and have gone down 2 clothes sizes. HOWEVER' date=' I am on my 3rd adjustment and am still not sure if I have restriction. I know its a learning process and it takes time but to be honest I feel like the weight loss is so slow......VERY SLOW!!! Am I doing okay? When did people really start to lose? in between my 2nd and 3rd fill I only lost 2 pounds in 6 weeks...IS THAT NORMAL? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!![/quote']

I had surgery April 13 and I've lost 27lbs too. I just got my third fill and am at 5.4cc's. I am definitely not feeling restriction. At my last fill the nurse said I probably wouldn't feel restriction until I was around 7cc's. She advised me to keep doing what I was doing and keep my monthly fill appointments. I'm frustrated too but am trying to keep my head in the game and remind myself this is a journey towards becoming the me I want to be. Good luck to you!

Hi,

I was banded 4/20 and feel your pain. I'm down 25 and my surgeon has been aggressive with fills at 4cc and another 4cc and still don't really feel restriction and no intolerances. He says it's not really 8cc but not sure what that means. It seems like when I do eat though I stay full longer but still feel like I can eat way too much and have to try to limit myself on own. Anyhow I pray next fill in 3 weeks will do more for me. I'm glad he's aggressive as 8cc on allot of people could take a year. So you are not alone.

Just some info on restriction...

Just because you can eat more than a cup of food per meal doesn't mean you should. The band isn't supposed to stop you from eating or make you feel stuffed full. If you're looking for that full feeling, or the inability to eat too much or certain foods, you're going to end up over filling your band and causing yourself big problems.

The band is supposed to make satisfied with less food for longer periods of time. Satisfied meaning you're not physically hungry. It has nothing to do with full.

I was banded April 2. I had my 3 rd fill thurs for a total of 4.6 cc. Before I just felt full quicker but could eat without problems but yesterday for Breakfast I tried a pancake omg. I must have eaten too quickly bc that's the first time I have got sick since surgery. 3 bites was all I took but it sure felt like hell. So I stuck to full liquids for rest of day I'm down 30 lbs but took 3 weeks off exercise so I've kicked myself now back to exercising again and hopefully it'll start coming off again. Good luck and hang in there.

My surgeon said that the average loss for a month should be 10 lbs, I'm almost 2 mos post op and no fill yet, not needed since I've lost 27 lbs the first month and 10lbs after 3 weeks. So since I'm doing "so well" they don't want me to have a full yet. >.< I want one just to see how it goes. And I feel like I'm going slow, I think because I'm comparing my progress to bypass patients, they lose so quickly 0,0

I just got my fourth fill and I am at 7cc's. I had no restriction before and now I finally have some. I thought my band was broken before. I was banded in December, lost 38 pounds and then stopped. In the two weeks since my fill, I have to watch everything I eat, chew, chew, chew, and get full much quicker. I have never thrown up,however I do get stuck feeling with horrible pain if I don't chew well or eat something I shouldn't. I have heard that it takes some people many fills to reach restriction. I can now say I believe this is true. Good luck.

I'm surprised at some of the post about your fills. I'm only at 4cc's & a 1 1/2 years in. My doc will only put 1 cc in. I finally amfilling restriction on this last fill.

I was banded June 18th and have lost 15 lbs Had my first fill and am at 3.8 in a 10cc band. My surgeon said most of his patients are in their green zone between 5 and 6 cc. Strange how its not universal. Plum skin is the only thing I've had trouble with... I feel fortunate. Not looking forward to throwing up, Lol.

I just had my 5th fill and now at 5.5cc's. The amount of fill does not really matter some people dont have any fill and loose weight with just placement. There are a lot of people that say the band is just a tool and you have to work at it and thats true but lets be real we all paid ( at least I did selfpay ) nearly 10k for a tool that needs to work. So today I spoke with my doctor and told him i am unsatisfied with the results and that we need to be more agressive and he agreed so I got a full cc that brought me to the 5.5cc. I am a slow looser and eating a cup of food on empty stomach with no restriction is like being on a diet before lap band hugry all the time and feeling defeated. My suggestion to all paitence is to be agressive with your doctor he or she is employed by us and we need to be assertive. If you are not loosing and you feel like you have been doing your part tracking calories and walking or some sort of excersize 30 min a day then he or she needs to do thier part to help get you to the green zone. Thats my two cents I hope it helps someone. As for me I am 5 months post op and have lost 10lbs, but feel like Im finally closer to my green zone.

I just had my 5th fill and now at 5.5cc's. The amount of fill does not really matter some people dont have any fill and loose weight with just placement. There are a lot of people that say the band is just a tool and you have to work at it and thats true but lets be real we all paid ( at least I did selfpay ) nearly 10k for a tool that needs to work. So today I spoke with my doctor and told him i am unsatisfied with the results and that we need to be more agressive and he agreed so I got a full cc that brought me to the 5.5cc. I am a slow looser and eating a cup of food on empty stomach with no restriction is like being on a diet before lap band hugry all the time and feeling defeated. My suggestion to all paitence is to be agressive with your doctor he or she is employed by us and we need to be assertive. If you are not loosing and you feel like you have been doing your part tracking calories and walking or some sort of excersize 30 min a day then he or she needs to do thier part to help get you to the green zone. Thats my two cents I hope it helps someone. As for me I am 5 months post op and have lost 10lbs' date=' but feel like Im finally closer to my green zone.[/quote']

I completely agree with you. I was banded on 3/23/12 and to date have only lost 16 pounds. Not what I was expecting. I too am a slow looser but didn't think it would be this slow. I've changed my appt from the enf of the month to next week. Going to take you advice and tell him to be more aggressive. I have a 11cc band and already have 6.5cc. Some restriction but I'm starving and definitely can eat more than a cup. Good luck!!!!!!