Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes Enough For A Breakfast Meal?

I do a Protein shake for Breakfast because I am NOT a morning person... so I am always running late, and it is easy for my to grab one and drink it on the way to work. It is easy for me to get down, and I don't have to think about it.

It works for me. Sometimes I switch it up and do a Chobani Yogurt w/Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal sprinkled on top. That is also easy for me to get down. Keeps me fuller longer.

yes, i drink one every morning. i am (tight/full feeling) in the morning and not really hungry but i know i need (to eat and get my protein) so its a yummy shake. i mix mine with ff milk to add more Protein and put in freezer so its like a thick milkshake and it holds me til my snack or lunch

I try to have mine in the evening, that way I can control m calories and keep them low before bed. I am generally more active during the day so I find eatting during the day is better than at night when I tend to sit more. My weight loss seems better doing it that way.

Well Thank You All!

I will have to buy some Protein powder to start this whole shake thing. I am not hungry in the morning and am sick of making myself eggs all the time (for breakfast). I'll check this site for ideas... http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. There are SO many! And I've noticed people's Protein Powder preference is as individual as each person is.

Thanks for the info people, it feels good to hear from you.

I do Protein Shakes every morn . they keep me full. Actually its the only thing keeping me full in the am

I used GNC whey for several month, but I really like the powder brand sold at costco and it has 27 grams of Protein. Both the vanilla and chocolate are really good. One thing I do as a treat.. is I freeze coffee in ice cube trays and then bag them. I then use them with milk/vanilla powder...and sometime add a little sugar free Carmel (purchased at Sams Club..for a large bottle) and its delicious. Such a treat..

also put fruit and have also frozen vanila yogurt in cube and put in.. makes it more like a smoothie

rich and creamy

I always used a Protein Drink for my Breakfast...just worked better for me with my lifestyle

I have only lost 65 lbs (had surgery Dec 2010) but lost my job in Nov 2011 and have had a really hard time staying on track .. have not regular routine.. and no fill sine Oct 2011... but good news is not gaining... so am happy about that

Hi quadie,

Sorry to hear about job loss I can relate. I also know how stress can effect weight loss, I had the reverse issue, I was dropping 15 lbs every two weeks. Had 0 desire to eat anything. .. yeah GMC does make a good Protein mix, but for better price Vitamin shoppe was best bet. Easily 25% cheaper than GNC, but not a popular franchise so best to get where u can for best $ proud of you keeping a positive attitude, your drink combos are great

too. So hate to sound cliche but, slow & steady always wins.. frustrating as all hell but the end results outweigh it all you'll see soon! Keep in touch let me know how you're doing, happy to help if you need some anytime.

Steve

Never Surrender

Has anyone tried the unflavored nectar Protein Powder?

CONGRATS SUZI' date=' almost at half way mark BE PROUD of your acheivments ![/quote']

Thanks Steve! Nice to hear, I'm a little stuck on a plateau - but I get there! I was a long distance runner in high school and college - so I all about the slow and steady. I realize it is not a sprint but a marathon. Little running a marathon, you need to take one step ,milestone by milestone at a time and you will get to the finish line. My sister had gastric bypass in September. She is down over 120 pounds. Sometime I have to admit, I get a little jealous of her quicker results.-initial I will get there too. Just at a slower pace. She looks amazing. She is very support of me and I her. Anyway thanks again. Suzi

At this point I dont think my day will feel complete without a shake! In the mornings I am much tighter so a shake is the best I can do unless I have a later breakfast. On mornings I go to the gym I use a blender and add fruit and a little skim milk to give me a small calorie boost while I work out hard. On days I take my shake to go, I just use my blender cup.

Yes I drink one every morning. I like the chocolate carnation instant breakfast with some skim milk on my way to work around 7am. It holds me over until I have a snack around ten

I do Protein Shake every morning! Pure Protein w 25 grams, I have never eaten breakfast for 35 years so it works for me!

I usually eat eggs in the morning for my Protein, and I LOVE eggs. I just noticed on MFP that my cholesterol is through the roof! I need to use Protein Shakes in the AM to boost my protein without all the cholesterol.