Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

msheavensent:

What kind of Protein are you trying? I think the key is finding one that you can tolerate. I use vitalady.com for my protein. She carries about a dozen different brands and you are bound to find one you like. She will even ship you samples so you can try and find one you like. I like Problend 55 (its on the sweeter side) and I mix it with Simply Smart milk for a shake type taste. I have even added spices to it like cinammon or nutmeg anything to help you tolerate better. Your other option could be Unjury (unjury.com) makes a non-flavored one. I have used that one in broth, Jello, whatever. It doesn't have a flavor and you are still getting your protein. Hope these ideas may help you out.

Deb

Ok thank you I will try and see if I can find one that I like, i'm so picky when it comes to eating !

msheavensent:

What kind of Protein are you trying? I think the key is finding one that you can tolerate. I use vitalady.com for my protein. She carries about a dozen different brands and you are bound to find one you like. She will even ship you samples so you can try and find one you like. I like Problend 55 (its on the sweeter side) and I mix it with Simply Smart milk for a shake type taste. I have even added spices to it like cinammon or nutmeg anything to help you tolerate better. Your other option could be Unjury (unjury.com) makes a non-flavored one. I have used that one in broth, Jello, whatever. It doesn't have a flavor and you are still getting your protein. Hope these ideas may help you out.

Deb

Hey guys-

Just had my first post-op visit. I am down 11 lbs since surgery in just one week. Not getting enough Protein though - I have to try harder. How is everyone else doing?

Oh I forgot Im not excercising yet, but I walk like 2 miles a day.

Have a great day everybody.

Momof2boys:congratulation on your weight loss!!

Hey, don't sell yourself short...walking 2 miles a day IS exercise!!!

:clap2: :clap2: Good for you!

I think I will have thatfor my dinner tomorrow, cheers:clap2: :clap2:

Welxcome to our group, how are you going?

I'm doing great amourette, thanks for asking. I ordered a scale off Ebay and it should be delivered today, so I can't wait to start weighing. I had lost 18 lbs (including the pre-op diet) as of my 10 day post-surgery appointment, but I think it must be more by now. I don't go back to the doc until May 30th, which seems like forever. At least it's finally THIS month!

Other mushie ideas -- 1/3 can of vegetarian refried Beans with enchalada sauce mixed in is YUM. Also Total Yogurt (all the rage on the east coast of the US right now) tastes like sour cream and has 16 grams of Protein, 80 cals and no fat. It's my new favorite food. Also, for those who have a Trader Joe's in town (a grocery store), don't miss out on the Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup that comes in a box. It's the most fabulous 100 calories & 5 grams of protein I know of! Finally, last night I boiled a head of cauliflower, mixed in a Total yogurt and 2 servings of fat free cheese. Blenderized it (in my Magic Bullet -- love that thing), put it in a casserole dish and broiled it for 5 minutes. YUM and only 50 cals for 1/5 of the dish, which is more than I could eat.

Hi All!!

I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I have already lost 18 pounds and guess what??? I have a chin!! WoooHooo!!! My husband noticed it first. He said "Wow, your chin is now seperate from the blob of fat on your neck" After I slapped him I noticed he was right. I can't tell I have lost weight anywhere else.. just my face.. but I will take what I can get.

Recovery was harder than I thought.. Just the port pain.. It REALLY hurt. My doctor said it is because he couldnt give me Toradol after surgery to help with inflammation. I am allergic to it and he gives it to his patients every 6 hours and that really helps them alot. Also he prescribed liquid hydrocodone 5mg every 6 hours for me at home. I told him when I went for my post op appt that he "needed to remember he is treating morbidly obese patients and provide them with adequate doses of pain medicine. It takes more medicine for fatties!!!! " I couldnt even tell I took anything.

I havent started my walking yet... Three days before my surgery we moved into our new house so I have been slowly unpacking and organizing the house.. I get tired pretty easily still. We finally got the room our treadmill is in organized so I can start using it now.. Now I just need to find what box I packed my motivation in!!!! I am one of those people that Loathes exercise. My boss keeps trying to get me to walk with her on our lunch break.. Nothing could be less appealing to me.. How do you explain to a skinny person that you dont want to walk because you will sweat like a pig and then have to work the rest of the day all stinky???

Oh well, I hope everyone is doing well post op and those who are preop have nice calm nerves :) The surgery was a peice of cake and if you can handle a little pain you will do well. Most people havent had as much pain post op as I did so ya'll should do well!! I would recommend having someone with you the first day home though. I could have used the help but i was alone..

Take care all,

Kathy

Hi people! I see the scales are justa movin along. Everyone is doing so wonderfully.

Hi everyone.

I had my first post op meeting with my doctor since my surgery on 4/6/06 (he does 4 weeks between surgery and first meeting) and I'm down 21 pounds and my BMI dropped 5 places! I will get my first fill on June 6th. He asked me if I was ready yesterday and I said no, still not getting extremely hungry but on one day. I did tell him that I don't think I'm eating enough. I'm just usually not hungry much during the day. I'm really making a concentrated effort to eat though. Isn't that ironic - not eating enough?!?!? My friends have noticed especially in my face that I've lost weight and I noticed that my shirts/blouses fit great. I'm an pear so I noticed the reduction in my stomach right away. Also, even though I've got a loooong way to my final goal, my confidence is really high. I know it's because of the weight loss itself, but also knowing that I finally have the help that I need to get where I want to be and I will not fail this time. I am not a quitter and this won't be the first time that I quit - no way!!!! Hope to hear more updates from our April group as to how things are changing for you all already.

Hi April Bandits! Well I am now 9 days out from surgery, and doing great. I think I was extremely lucky in my overall recovery. No nausea, no gas pains to speak of, no pain meds after the day of surgery. I have been on liquid ever since, and the head hunger at the thought of chewing something really yummy is getting me down today! I eat Jello, and popsicles, but have had nothing else to chew. I tried a piece of sugarless gum, but it wasn't the same! My Dr. has me starting mushies at 2 weeks. My weight has done awesome, between the pre-op and the last 9 days, I am down 20 lbs., which is so much better than being up 20 which was my usual!!! I have a granddaughter who is almost 18 months old, and it would kill me to carry her around prior to surgery, and now I have lost the equivalent of her weight!! So I should be walking around easier! To tell the truth I notice it in little ways, through my face, and my rings are getting loose...but thats about it. DH says my pants are baggy in the butt...of course, I didn't need to lose my butt, I need to lose my gut! In time...all in good time!

Glad to see so many checking in and updating how they are doing!!! We can keep each other in line and eating on track maybe....I know someone is gonna have to keep me there!! Have a good day everyone, and keep up the good work!!!

Kat

Efficka darling, you only had surgery 10 days ago, 7 1/2 lbs is great, times that by 3 and you could be losing a lot for the month at that rate.

Get out your patience pill, hehehhee!!! I don't think I have lost that much................especially in this last week, oh well,

Love from Amourette

Banded 4/11/06 down now 27lbs :) Life is good. Please God, give me strength to continue doing what I am doing to make this weight fall off. Lead me not into temptation. *winces*

Hi everyone, I was banded 4/13/06 in Willingboro NJ...I have lost 28 pounds so far!

Hi Eva, you have to remember this is the healing time and any weight we loss is a bonus. I think you are doing great with your wls. Plus your walking two miles a day????? If that's not exercise I don't know what is. BTW.....remember you may be building muscle and that will slow down what the scale says, because muscle is heavier than fat. Your clothes are probably fitting much looser now so don't let this get you down. Keep doing what your doing.

TellyMelly and NJGirl: 27/28 lbs loss CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!

Roberta

WE NEED A NEW THREAD!!!!!!!! Someone mentioned starting a May Challenge. Come on guys, lets have some ideas

Roberta