Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

Hey everyone even though we are closing out the month of April we should all keep in touch.

So by now we should of all had our surgeries.

How is the weight lost going ?

is anyone having problems that they might want to share?

When is your first fill?

I was banded on the 11th and I am down 27 pounds and I feel great

No problems as of yet

My first fill is 5/20 and i cant wait

Yeah!! We made it!!! We will never forget April 2006, will we?

I was banded on April 18, and I'm doing very well. Still a little sore in the port area--that incision is a little uglier than the others, but I think I'm ok.

I've lost 15 lbs since the preop liquid deal until now. It may be more, but I'm afraid to weigh since I started my period today, and I ALWAYS gain Water weight during this time, so I'm going to weigh in about 5 days or so.

So glad we made it through--now the hard works comes. Can't wait to see how different we are in April 2007.

I don't have a date yet for my first fill, but it will probably be in a bout 4 1/2 weeks or so. My doc. said that he gives the first fill at 6 weeks post-op.

Blessings to you all--

Soooo glad to see you back Efficka...............I had been wondering about you and noticed you hadn't written yet...............interesting to see your photo.............my stitches were inside so I don't have any on the outside thankfully..................is someone looking after you.................???!!!

Do you still have that wheel in the tree.................hehehe!?????

Love from Amourette

Hi everybody,

Roberta:yep we will croos the finish line together:-) Today I walked by Louis Vuitton store,actually I went in and decided that after first 20kgs (44pounds) down I will treat myself with their handbag:-) I know,but I have been dreaming about that bag forever so now I have motivation:-)

Amourette:yes my mom is here she helps me to put the socks on ha ha ha.Now I can do pretty much what I want, we went for a long walk today I guess it must have been something like two miles and my port area started to hurt.But its ok now.They will take out those stitches next week and the scars (except for one) look great once they take out the thread:-) And yes we still have that wheel in the tree:-)))

Im kinda on liquids and mushies I guess yougurth is a mushie,havent tried yet any mushies like apple sauce or mashed potatoes.I guess I will start with regural mushies next week.The only thing I have to watch is my Water intake.Cause I was used to drink a lot but not all day,so now I have a bottel in my hand all the time and try to sip every once a while:-)

Does anybody have pics of their scars? Im interested:-)

Love from Eva

Hi my fellow Bandits. Yes April has flown by and here we are ready to do battle with the food dragon. I think we are up to the task!!! For some reason one of my incisions got inflamed and was really hurting a lot when I turned or bent over. Today is much better. The pain has lessened with bending and turning. I'm wearing a top with a bra shelf and I'm finding that is irritating. I don't know what I'm going to do when I go out in public. I sure can't let these boobs swing loose. Is anyone else having a problem wearing a bra? I thought a top with a shelf bra would be a good option but it still kind of hurts. I have my post-op visit next Thursday and am anxious to see what their scale says, at home my scale indicates 15.5 lbs lost. 3-4 lbs of that was prior to surgery (no pre-op diet). I'm happy about that and am ready to get more active. Have a great weekend everyone.

Roberta

April bandits are doing great, from what I can see! Sure, I'll update on my progress.

I was banded on 21 April (8 days ago). I've lost 21 pounds (16 of that was from the 2 week pre-op diet) which means I've lost 5 lbs since the surgery. It's probably more, but my damn period also started this morning...and we all know what that means! I'm actually having reallly bad cramps which sucks....it's worse than the pain after surgery. Dang it.

Today was the first day I could start "full liquids" (ie. strained cream Soups, ensure, boost etc). It is a lot better than clear liquids...I can have Tomato Soup now! Yah. I have to do that for 2 weeks...then 2 weeks of mushies before I can try solids. Yes, it seems much more restrictive than some folks here...but all the same...I'm gonna follow the Doc's order and "do it right". So far, I don't feel hungry, so that helps. Yes, I am DEFINITELY fighting the food demons....but I'm getting by. My husband is a HUGE help to me.

My steri-strips are still on....if they haven't fallen off by Mon, I"ll carefully take them off. From what I can see, the incisions look good...there are just a couple of tear (healing blisters) marks from the tape removal that looks nasty but I'm keeping an eye.

No real pain...just sometimes some discomfort in my port area...which I hope will go away soon and is only temporary.

Good luck to all!!

Surgery was 22 April - one week ago today. I have lost 6.6lbs - 3 kg. Yesterday i made hubby some meat and the smell nearly drove me wild! I love my meat...hehe. Told him all he can have from now on is peanutbutter bread!!

I am eating Jello, yogurt, Protein Shakes, Soups and liguid Breakfast shakes.

Congrats to all of u!!

Hello to all April 2006 Bandsters!

I had my surgery on April 20th with Dr. Ortiz. Had a wonderful time; wish you were there! No back or neck gas pains; incisions looking great. Hungry as hell! Can my dog's food be considered a mushie? It looks pretty darn good from where I'm sitting!

In all seriousness, we've taken the first step toward an unlimited future. It's in our hands (or mouths!) now. We are all ready to look in the mirror and finally see that the outside can match the inside. With hard work and preserverance, we will reach our goals one by one!

Okay, okay. The commencement speech is over. Grab your diplomas, get in your cars, and get the hell out of here!

Hey-

Saw this thread and am so intrested in joining the bandits. I just got my band last Tuesday. Am suffering through the gas pains, but otherwise doing well. Does anyone else seem to burp like crazy? I think I have more gas coming out that way then any other. So, excited to post my losses and cheer you guys on.

Deb

banded 4/25/06

Dr. Roy Shen

Saints Memorial

Lowell, MA

Of course we are here, how are you feeling so far after surgery?

So gang!! What are we going to do now.........I think we are waiting to hear from our last victim from the 28th to report back in, any ideas how we should manage our thread...............I sometimes find it hard scrolling back and forth thru' the messages to find certain things that people said. We could start other threads like 'April Bandits 2006 food Ideas/thread', or 'April Bandits 2006 Weightloss confessions' and 'April 2006 bandit problems'. So we could have say 3 threads just going for us.............or does anyone know how to do a spreadsheet or something to mark our progress, or anyone got other ideas.....................? Or is everyone happy just continuing this long thread? Just a thought!

Hugs from Amourette!:eek: :eek: :mad: :D

Fiona it is hard cycling back and forth thru this incredibly long thread. I nominate you to get this whole process sorted out. We April 2006 Bandits obviously have a lot to say on many subjects.

Deb: Welcome to our group. I'd say it's better to burp than to have it coming out the other end which is my problem. I'm 6 days out.

Roberta

I think it'd be great if we could get a definitive list of all the April names and their banding dates. I have a hard time keeping up with who is who.

How many of us are there, any way?

Me? Banded on the 18th. Doing ok. I'm on my period and have gained 3.5 lbs since Thursday morning. That's really depressing. I was 255 lbs. in Thurs. Now? 258.5. I know it's just Water weight--because I have been doing really, really well with the liquid diet and with calories. I even worked in the garden for two hours yesterday. I was sweating quite a bit--I know I burned a lot of calories there. I hope in a few days the weight will drop off me. We'll see.

Hope you all are doing well!!!

Ok I was banded on 4/28 which was friday i am still very sore in the biggest laceration spot I guess that's where the port is, i'm starving these liquids are just not doing it. I don't feel hungry but in my head I am begging for some chicken, bread, just anything, so hopefully this will pass ! pray for me please !