Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

Tipper I'm only 2 weeks out but can relate to that same kind of pain. I am scheduled for a fill on June 6th. Hopefully we'll see some real weight loss after that.

Roberta

Ceparano,

We have our first fills on the same day. Are you nervous, excited? I am a little bit of both. The needle doesn't scare me but being overfilled really does. I don't want to PB on anything!!! I am looking forward to seeing the scale move down, down, down though!

I have a friend who was banded last September, she was telling me the other day that when she hits the snags, or slows down in loss, she actually ups her calories for a day or 2 and then gets strict on herself again, and she starts losing again. And she said she won't lose at all if she doesn't keep her Water intake high. Don't know why it works, possibly a metabolism issue, although I thought that took longer to change....but she is down over 90 pounds, and only had one fill, so something has worked for her!!! Hope I am as lucky!!!

The scales will move again....I keep telling myself that!!

Kat

I'm not nervous.....yet. But I am looking forward to this weight to start to move again. My fills aren't covered so it's $250 out of pocket each time. Not looking forward to that part. However, whatever it takes to lose this weight I'm for it all the way. They didn't mention not eating before hand so I'll give them a call at the end of the month and find out if I need to fast before my fill. Let me know how your fill goes. I hate needles so this should be interesting!!!!

Roberta

Seems like we are all starting to hit the same problem............I lost 2 pounds last week, and I am still on liquids...........:clap2: yippee today is my first day of mushies, where to begin??????

I had a few blended foods occassionally last week, my fave being black Beans and a smidge of avocado and hummus!!!

My doc also said not to even think about weight loss till first fill, but it is hard isn't it?

Hey Alison has your doc done anymore ops since you now?? I don't know when my first fill will be, I go to docs on 25th May so will see then, I think he will only do it if I need it and am coping ok with real food, so maybe a week later for me too with you guys.

Thanx for that Kat, that is interesting to know, I am NOT drinking enough Water or eating enough food, and ooops already had my first PB, wasn't bad at all!

Cheers Amourette

Maybe i am just a little envious of the guys that have lost like 27 or 28lbs allready. I liked the scale moving down every single day....! I know it's not reality but man, i miss the thrill!!!

Alison, a lot of those people who have those high numbers did a pre-op diet, so you have to factor that in. If I'm not mistaken you and I did not diet before surgery, ergo the lower weight loss for us. Just something to help put things in perspective.

Roberta

Don't know how I missed out on the April Thread. Maybe cause mine was April 25, but here I am anyway. I have'nt had any problems. Started mushies today and went great. Still no hunger pains. First fill for 6-1. Ten pounds down. Good luck everyone.

disneynut and ceparano-

I am scheduled for my fill on the same day and am going through the same thing since starting mushies. I am only eating three times a day and maybe a 1/2 cup of food and only Protein really like fat free refried Beans with melted light cheese on top. I am getting my 60 grams of protein a day but my scale is not budging either. I think there is such a thing as eating too little calories so I don't know if I should try to eat more.

Deb

Deb -

I know my nutritionist told me to eat constantly all day (not really but it sure seems like it). Breakfast first then after one hour 8 oz. Water, then an hour later a snack of fruit or cheese, then more water, then lunch then more water after an hour, etc. It seems like every hour or two I'm supposed to have something per her timetable. Of course, I cannot seem to eat or drink that much either during the day so I'm sure I don't get enough. I am at 5 weeks post op and the only time I notice I'm hungry is around dinner time. The rest of the day, I don't seem to think much about it. I think you do need to add a snack or two during the day. Canned peaches in light Syrup is a must for me and either yogurt or cheese are some of her suggestions. I hope this helps!

Hi girls,

it definitely works for me to drink a lot and for some weird reason to eat bout 950cals as opposed to ´600-800cals a day. I guess my body was on strike before because iit didnt have enough energy so it was not allowing me to lose weight:-) And think about it we just cant lose everyday a pound:-)Im slow with my weight loss,but I have to be patient,anyways Im losing more than I would normally and Im not hungry nor bitchy:-)) Im more than happy to have my band:-)

Good luck to everybody

:help: :help: :help: :help:

ok i'm right along with all of you, my first fill is june 6 also and my scale isn't moving either, my doctor still has me on liquids and of course i'm still not getting my protien because I can't stand the taste of the different ones, but I am looking into the unjury.com (I think it is) to get that non flavor protien stuff to see how that does! Also I know i'm not drinking enough Water in between, I feel like i'm going to over do it so I just keep forgetting to drink which i'm sure is not good. I really need help with this thing my doctor says if I call again complaining of hunger there going to advance me to the next levels of food, and I don't want that because i'm going to feel like I failed ! :cry The next level of food that they have laid out makes me feel like i'm on the Atkins diet. I'm going to my primary doctor this thursday so I can get back on diet pills I hear that helps to curve the appetite now with even having the band !

Msheavensent, one thing that has helped me get in the required Water and Protein has been my food Journal. At a glance I can see exactly how much I have consumed. That may help you. You definitely don't want to get dehydrated. It has happened to some here at LBT and it hasn't been a pleasant experience. They landed in the hospital on IV's.:) So be very careful about your Fluid intake.

Roberta

Thank you, I may try this and see if it works for me ! :cry

Msheavensent, one thing that has helped me get in the required Water and Protein has been my food Journal. At a glance I can see exactly how much I have consumed. That may help you. You definitely don't want to get dehydrated. It has happened to some here at LBT and it hasn't been a pleasant experience. They landed in the hospital on IV's.:D So be very careful about your Fluid intake.

Roberta

Amou - my doc has not had another patient yet (guess it's the cost involved) so my every move is everyones business...hehe.

Hi everybody,

Im just curious how are your scars after couple of weeks.These are my scars after three weeks:-) Look how my belly is smaller too:biggrin1:

post-206647-13813133318462_thumb.jpg