Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

My scars are doing great too, not as good as yours a couple of them are clear but the biggest one still has a scab and has lots of glue that i'm afraid to pull off, in fear that I will open my incision. And I have a couple of the little small ones that still have glue on them but the other ones look likes yours all clear no affections thank GOD !

Eva, your scars look really good. They didn't use staples on me, and I never saw any evidence of glue. I don't even have any scab formation on my incisions. I don't know what they used to keep my inners from falling out. LOL. As a black American I am very concern about developing keloids so I am faithfully using a scar gel everyday. You look marvelous darling!!!

Roberta

Eva-

The scars look awesome. I was held together by internal stitches and steri-strips - no glue or staples. Mine are doing really well too. I showed them to a friend and she thought I had surgery several weeks ago because they looked so healed. Lucky for me my surgeon also used two of the incisions they used to take my gall bladder out 6 months ago.

I had my band on 4/3/06. And have been having a VERY dry mouth. It seems that even though I am constantly sipping on Water, my mouth and tongue are very dry - almost to the point of burning.

My first thought would be dehydration.. how much are you actually drinking in a day?? Just sipping on a glass of water all day or more?? Are your eyes dry too?? Any weakness or lightheadedness?? Other than that thought i dont know what could cause a dry mouth after lap band surgery.

Deb -

I know my nutritionist told me to eat constantly all day (not really but it sure seems like it). Breakfast first then after one hour 8 oz. Water, then an hour later a snack of fruit or cheese, then more water, then lunch then more water after an hour, etc. It seems like every hour or two I'm supposed to have something per her timetable.

WOW!!! my doc says eat three meals a day and that is it... other than that I guzzle water all day...

Ok, so all along I have been telling people that I have had absolutely no problems with my band... no vomiting, no pb's, etc. Well, on Thursday I had my first fill. 1.2 cc's. I was supposed to be on full liquids for Thursday and Friday and then soft solids Saturday and Sunday. Well, tonight, I tried going out to dinner. We ordered buffalo wings as an appetizer. I wanted to have one. Well, I forgot to chew well and I bit it with my teeth instead of cutting the chicken. Well, I don't need to tell you the pain I had and then had a vomiting episode. It was horrible and i never want to experience that again. I guess there is a reason why you have to eat liquids and soft solids for a few days after a fill. I am scheduled for another fill in 2 weeks. Can't wait!!! (NOT). Anyway, just thought I would experience that experience with you all. My lesson... never say never, and CHEW, CHEW, CHEW.

Hi everybody yep I had normal stitches,I didnt know that there are other options.Im being very bad lately I ate Nutella in three days (almost a pound of it) I drank a lot on Friday and Saturday (Mojitos and Caipirinas),hey and I drank champaigne and no burping or anything-bubbles are no problem for me:-)I must start working out and eating less Im kind of afraid that I will stretch my pouch.I better start right now.

Do you have problems with the food cravings?Well best of luck to everybody:-)

I'm an April Bandit!!

I had surgery on 4/18. I went in at 7:30PM for the pre-op prep and was discharged by 1:30PM. Everything went well for me except the "seat belts" they used to strap me to the OR table caused nerve damage to my left thigh. My doc says that it should heal in six months.

Recovery was fine. My worst problem was dealing with that shoulder pain. WOW. I had never had laproscopic surgery before which I understand can cause shoulder pain on it's own. Plus, my doc said that the gas they use to distend the diaphram during surgery also causes shoulder pain so lap-banders get a double-whammy on the should pain.

I'll be excited to keep in touch with others in the same "recovery" stage as myself. Thanks for getting us together!

Ok, so all along I have been telling people that I have had absolutely no problems with my band... no vomiting, no pb's, etc. Well, on Thursday I had my first fill. 1.2 cc's. I was supposed to be on full liquids for Thursday and Friday and then soft solids Saturday and Sunday. Well, tonight, I tried going out to dinner. We ordered buffalo wings as an appetizer. I wanted to have one. Well, I forgot to chew well and I bit it with my teeth instead of cutting the chicken. Well, I don't need to tell you the pain I had and then had a vomiting episode. It was horrible and i never want to experience that again. I guess there is a reason why you have to eat liquids and soft solids for a few days after a fill. I am scheduled for another fill in 2 weeks. Can't wait!!! (NOT). Anyway, just thought I would experience that experience with you all. My lesson... never say never, and CHEW, CHEW, CHEW.

What is pbing? Thanks

Okay Eva...you had a slip now get back on track. I know you can do it!!!! I am having food cravings too. I'd love to have some Cape Cod potato chips. I am fighting the urge.... 'cause you know you can't have just one!!!

Roberta

Thanx Roberta,

words like these help me so much!!! I will be good and I already started today, I didnt have anything forbidden today! I know the problem with it is that you cant have just one:-)

Hey you are doing so well with your weight loss. I guess my scale is broken or is it the Nutella? lol

Thank you again for support!

Eva, also I forgot to mention that you do a LOT of walking. I am sure you have gain muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat, so.... don't watch the scale too closely. In your case you'll have to go by how your clothes are fitting. I am sure you have to have noticed a difference in how they are fitting, right? Anyway we all just have to keep remembering why we put ourselves through this in the first place. What is good about the band is that it allows us to start over when we've messed up a bit. Keep up the good work!!

Roberta

Hi all, I am finding it too hard to get into this thread, shall we start a May April Bandits thread..........i want to hear how you all are!!!!

hey Amourette,

thats a good idea to start a new thread, will you start one or should I do that?:-)) have a great one:-)