Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

meeeeeeeeeeeee tooo am dying of hunger. want anything. anything. I'll be praying for you. My family is eating turkey sandwiches right now. I want to kill them.

hi

was banded on the 27th and am so tired and weak!! did anyone else go through this. I have absolutely no energy. I am vegetarian and am not sure how I am suppose to get any Protein during this Clear Liquids stage. i am on Jello, vegetable broth, and drinks? any ideas I am really wondering what the hell have i done to myself?

Hey guys you are going to feel it in the first week or so after surgery.....................I wish I had rested more in the first week now, I was sleeping everyafternoon, even more sometimes...........This is the end ofmy 2nd week and I have so much more energy even though being on liquid diet.............are you guys getting enough Protein, apparently they say you should take your protein first..............maybe then have Soup later in the afternoon........

Please hang in there, you have all (well we all), have done the right thing, and it is only going to get better.............would your doctors perhaps give you an appetite suppresant to get you thru' these first few days.

Oh also some advice, I just kept myself soooo busy reading and watching DVD's, phoning people and e-mailing so I didn't have to think about food!

Good luck!!!!!!! YOu do have our sympathy

Love Amourette:girl_hug: :clap2:

Hi everyone.

I go for my first post op visit with my dr on May 2nd. I had my surgery on 4/6 so I guess I'll find out then when I will get my first fill. All has been going pretty well here on my end. I am in the final days of mushies and Saturday move to regular foods. I did notice when I went from liquids to mushies I had a lot of cramping. I guess it was a shock to the system to go from 2 weeks of liquids to real food again. Today was the first day since the surgery that I have been really really hungry. I'll have to be careful until I get my fill. I've come to far to back track now. Hope everyone is doing well.

amourette-

Three threads sounds like a good idea as a way to keep everything going. I am just so happy to find a group to hang out with. I am doing good after surgery although today for the first time I feel hungry. Still on liquids so can't do much but keep trying to fill up on sugar-free stuff.

Deb

Hi April Bandits!

I'm Julie in NYC and I was banded on April 10th at NYU. It's been a breeze so far, except for being hungry. For those on liquids, I highly recommend Tomato Soup with cottage cheese run through a blender. I'm not a cottage cheese fan because I don't like the consistency, but it works well and keeps you fairly full when run through the blender. Also, for anyone battling shoulder pain, I found that one of those "IcyHot" Patches that you get at the drug store, peel the backing off and stick it on the shoulder worked WONDERS. After 2 applications, my shoulder was perfect again.

I move to solid food on Thursday and I'm nervous about it because I want to lose weight and I know that will be hard on solids with no fill until May 30th.

Take care and keep in touch,

Hi, I am new to this thread! I hate Protein powder! It is making me horrifically sick. I stopped using it, and I feel much better, but I am worried about my overall Protein intake. I am eating cottage cheese, yogurt, cream Soup, and skim milk.

Please, oh please, let it get better and let this work for me!

Hi everybody, I was banded last Monday and am feeling much better. I started my mushies the evening after my surgery. I too am hungry a lot. One thing that has helped me tremendously with getting in my Protein, is Isopure Clear Protein. Not necessarily the best tasting, but tolerably. 40 grams of protein per bottle and ounces of liquid. I got mine at GNC. Getting enough protein will help with the healing process.

TinaJ: You have to get in more protein that will help with that weak feeling.

Lookingout: Hang in there you definitely did the right thing. I'm 17.5 lbs down since the 24th and I didn't do a pre-op diet nor have I been on liquids for weeks. So you'll definitely see good results, just don't let yourself get discouraged. This is just a bump in the road that we all have to get passed.

Msheavensent: We were waiting to hear from you!!! Welcome home. You can battle that "food dragon". It's that head hunger that can kill you. Once you see those numbers going down on the scale, it will help you hold your course.

Roberta

Hi everybody,I was banded last Tuesday and truly said I feel quite good.Although I still cant sleep on my belly:-)Im not very tired and I thought that I wouldnt be able to move.Im not that hungry but I have terrible cravings,so if I cant stand it I chew the damn piece of bread or chicken and then I spit it out.The taste cells (not sure about the correct word) are only on your tongue so theres no need to swollow that "forbiden" food:-)I guess that might help.

A asked my doc like ten times about the Protein Drinks and I was always told that I dont need to use them.Anyway I bought one and I will have it for breakfast:-)

Good luck to you all,we can do it!!!

I do think the Protein really helps. Still feeling a bit on the weak side myself but feel my energy increasing everyday. I am post -op day 7 and tommorrow I get to start the mushies. Anybody have any good ideas of what tastes good and goes down easy?

Thanks and everyone keep on trucking - we are all going to be healthier.

Deb

Thanks for thinking of me Roberta and everyone else. It's me msheavensent (shelly) well like the other girls were saying, i was feeling extremely weak today, I know i'm not getting my protien like I should the shakes and the other flavor powder packs u mix with Water are just horrible to me and it makes me more nauseated than what I was without them. SO I NEED HELP WITH THE PROTIENS. Next my nutrionist has me on liquids for 2 weeks that is the standard for the doctors office I go to we go to mushies on the 3-4 week. Other than that I guess everything it what I expected, I really hope I made the right decision. I have lost a few pounds at least that is what the scales says, but I will know for sure when I go to the doctor on thursday for my first post op visit. Well sitting up is hurting my laceration i'm going to take a happy pill and lie down for a while. Good luck and welcome home new bandits. With this support on here we all will do well !

Msheavensent: We were waiting to hear from you!!! Welcome home. You can battle that "food dragon". It's that head hunger that can kill you. Once you see those numbers going down on the scale, it will help you hold your course.

Roberta

Amourette... I too think this thread is getting too long and should start another thread... maybe "April Bandits... the journey"... or whatever you suggested sounds good.

I love the idea of ongoing threads for the april bandits!!! I want to keep in touch with you guys and be there to Celebrate the victories. =)

Count me in for upcoming threads.

--Linda

Dr. Rumbaut

April 20, 2006

223 / 213 / ?