Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Month Band-Iversary....happy With Where I Am At.

When I set my first long term goal for my weight loss...my goal was 75 lbs in my first year...that would mean I would have to average about 6 pounds a month. Many people lose a chunk in the beginning and then slow down...but something told me I would be one of those who were slow going from the start.

Well of the 35lbs total that I have lost...21 has been since surgery..so I am above the average amount I need to lose to be on goal. This makes me very happy. This is slower than most as i said...but its faster than I have ever done or could have ever done on my own. If I lost the 6 lbs a month from here on out..that will put me at 80 lbs by my 1 year mark....AMAZING!

How many of you have been banded a year or more and how much did you lose? was it the amount you thought it would be?

Becky

I am also 2 months out of surgery i was banded on 4/25/12. I have lost a total of 28lbs as of today. I didnt lose any weight prior to surgery. I in the same position as you. I would like to lose a total of 80lbs with this surgery by next year.

My doctor would not give me a fill he said that i am losing weight great. He also said that a healthy weight loss is losing 5lbs a month and i am well over 5lbs a month. He told me once i get to the point that i am not losing then he would give me a fill but at this moment he will not give me a fill. I was upset at the moment because i was hearing about everyone getting their first fill at 6 weeks and when i got to my six weeks my doctor refused to give me a fill. I was soooo disappointed but i thought about and realized that he is right.

I also told my doctor i have no restricitons. I can eat a house if i wont to but i choose not to. I never vomit or had dirreaha. I never had any complications during or after surgery. Thank you GOD. I can eat chicken, rice, anything that a normal person can eat but i try not to but if i do i eat it by the ounces. I have total control over my eating habits now. I dont if its a mind thing but it is working for me.

The only reason i had the surgery is to lose weight and i am losing so i am happy that i did have the lap band surgery.

I also go to the gym if not everyday or about 6 days a week. I do zumba, spinning, eliptical machine, and so on i am determined to defeat this obesity.

right now i am trying to find a workout that will help out with my arms because i am noticing that they are starting to sag. Do anyone know an exercise that can help out with my arms.

I have lost 80 lbs in 13 months. I am so happy with my results. The difference in the way I feel is unbelievable. I have not been excercising like I should. I try to walk a few days a week. My life is so busy with a 4 year old that I don't make time to excercise.

The best arm exercise I have found is good ole push ups. They work the whole arm. I also haven't had but 3 small fills and Fluid taken out 2 times due to a stomach virus. Some people just don't require fills.

Good luck.

Thank you very much. I tried doing pushups but i am tooooo heavy to hold up my own body weight. So is there any other way i can try to boost up so that i can do push ups

Do girl push ups. Stay on your knees. I had to start with those.

ok thank you very much. Another question i am sorry. How did you work off the belly fat

Hi, try doing tricep at the gym, if you are not sure the correct way of doing them try searching on google or youtube. I do lots of tricep and bicep on my body sculpts classes and they have help a lot. My arms are very tight for my weight. I also bought Firming Butter from Palmers to use it on my arms and belly this helps also.. I hope it helps for you as well.. Good Luck..

Also banded 4/25/2012 I've lost a total of 35lbs and am all smiles. :) :) my gym membership has recently expired so I been tryin to workout at home when I can.

I was banded 30 June last year and am right on at an 80lbs lost!

ok thank you very much. Another question i am sorry. How did you work off the belly fat

cardio helps belly fat, but there is no specific exercise you can do to target certain areas, it wil come off where it comes off.

thank you

Everyone is different..this isn't a race...sounds like you're doing great!! Good luck on continued success!!

There are plenty of exercises that you can do to target certain areas. You can lift a 5lb weight straight up over your head then bend at your elbow and lower the weight behind your head. Hold the weight up and down not side to side. Do these slowly. I usually do them during commercials. Holding a medicine ball and turning side to side is a good stomach area work out. There are lots. Google it, you'll find them. Good luck :)

My personal trainer has me doing lots of arm workouts on the machines (curls, triceps, biceps, any other kind of ceps ;) ) As far as the belly, she has me do lots of crunches, side to side crunches, planks, leg lifts, etc. She varies them each time so that I am working on different ab muscles each time. Who knew that trying to hold your legs up while holding your abs tight for 30 sec would be so hard! LOL!!!

There are plenty of exercises that you can do to target certain areas. You can lift a 5lb weight straight up over your head then bend at your elbow and lower the weight behind your head. Hold the weight up and down not side to side. Do these slowly. I usually do them during commercials. Holding a medicine ball and turning side to side is a good stomach area work out. There are lots. Google it, you'll find them. Good luck :)

Thats a great exercise and if u dont have weights then use Soup cans :))