Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Do With Your Clothes?

Unless your clothes are couture and you can sell them for a lot of money consignment give them to goodwill/salvation army. I found that 20% of my clothes really needed to go to the dump anyway.

Lol...I wouldn't go so far as to say that my stuff is couture, but it doesn't need to go in the trash either. :) I have a closet full of clothes that still have the tags on them, as well as things that I've only worn once or twice. I think I'll feel best if I know they are going to someone who really needs them...so donating them seems like my best bet. Thank you for your input!

Gave a **** load of clothes to Good Will. Some still had tags.

Can you consign them? I can't wait until I can get rid of clothes!

When I lost over 100 pouns when I turned thirty I had bags, bags, and bags of clothes to give away. At that point in my career I had soooo many suits (worked in a business environment). I gave it to my mother who worked in social services; she knew people who needed interview clothes.

This time around I've been working in business casual environments; plus the year before surgery I was working from home so I had not bought new clothes in a long time.

Thus why some of my clothes had met the end of their life cycle.

I live in Florida. Before moving here in 2006, I got rid of most of my winter clothes and work clothes. So, when I came here, I had or bought summer clothes from Lane Bryant or Woman Winthin catalogs. Nothing was very high end! I bought church dresses. I donated my church dresses to my churches better clotehs, slightly used thrift shop.( Most of the well dressed ladies in my church shop there, too!). The other stuff, I either donated to Salvation Army/Goodwill or threw out. I, like others here, spent a lot of time shopping with my hubby's help at the Goodwills here and in Az when I visited my sister. I had to purchase a heavy sweater,a dn winter jacket in Az becasue we wanted to go to the Grand Canyon in May. Best wishes, gadyou asked, I am sure others had the same delimia as you. Karen

Every month when i attend my local lap band support group, i bring my too big clothes because there 's a girl there who is loosing weight too and is just a size behind me. When shes done with them , she'll donate them to someone in need. Were both happy, but i wish someone would do the same for me as im running out of clothes ! I like to look nice and people always comment about how nice i dress with out realizing 90% of my clothes come from Goodwill ! Although i wear jeans to work everyday because of my job, i like to dress it up a bit with a long scarf, cute jacket and pretty earrings. So if you can , donate your clothes to a local Goodwill or charity of your choice, because everybody benefits ! (Imagine how much better you'll feel when all those piles of clothes are gone from your house ! Donate them and make someones day !!! )

I'm wondering what others did with their clothes once the couldn't werthem anymore? I am moving out of the size I have been for a loooong time and have no idea what to do with them. Right now I have piles of clothes' date=' all over my house, with no place to go. Storage tubs aren't even an option becuse i already have 8 in my basement with winter clothes in them (and most of that stuff I'll need to get rid of as well).

Honestly, I have invested a small fortune in my clothes and just can't bring myself to take them to a thrift store or some other place like that (in my experience, the people who need to be sopping there rarely benefit fom good deals and the people who can afford to go out and buy the stuff at regular price, "strike gold" and ****** I all up!). I hope this isn't coming off in a negative or selfish way...I have given trash bags full of clothes to people in the past because I knew they needed them, but this time around, I didn't know anyone like that.

I am so excited that my clothes are too big, but I guess in a way I'm more attached to them than I thought. Any suggestions you have would be grately appreciated.

[/quote']

Lol I'm one of those that strike gold I guess. Don't realize there were income limits for bargain shopping. Maybe have a yard sale?

Another option are places that service women.......get them ready to go out and interview for jobs. Often they are women who have left abusive husbands and don't have clothes to work in. Sadly, many are overweight too. I felt good donating there.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I know I have lost almost 100 lbs and I find myself new to the job market after recent unemployment with only 1 professional suit to wear to a job interview. I would apprecfiate any clothing donations that are size 14-16. I donated all of my size 24 clothes to the local domestic violence shelter now I find myself without for my new pursuit in the job market. :wub:

I don't know about every thrift store but the salvation army and goodwill use the money to feed and house people and do job training pay utility bills etc.so if some one in " striking Gold" they are helping a child eat or a mother pay a bill so it may be worth it. Coincidentally I just had this conversation with someone who said " why font they just give the cloths away to people who need them" when I explained what they do she gave clothes and money to salvation army .so thAts a longwinded way of saying I think u should give to s help organization.I personally like the interview clothes for women .:-)

I donate to the local Women's Shelter u bring it there and everyone has always been so grateful.

Donate them...I just bagged a winter coat that I wore once and paid $300.00 for...I don't care who gets them...I sure as heck don't want to see that size again!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk