Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Buy Clothes?

Okay, so since Feb 13th I've lost 55 pounds (yay me!) and in four months I will be going on a cruise. So of course normally I would buy my swim suit now since they don't sell them in September. But how the heck do I pick a size?! I mean if I keep on track I will be down over 100 pounds.. but honestly I'm losing everywhere but my waist!

Sooo.. what to do? My mother suggested that I buy the suit I want in three different sizes but I worry that I wont be able to return them.

Way to go with your weight loss! Fabulous! I was thinking you might check with some online stores that specialize in bathing suits & see if they will still have them when you're closer to your trip. I'm sure some still sell year round. Good luck!

Wow ! Congratulations ! whats your secret ? As far as clothing I buy almost everything at Goodwill or another 2nd hand store including swimwear for my swim class. Some people think "ewww, gross!" but if you wash items before you wear them its no different than buying them new. also if you buy several swimsuits for the next few months and outgrow them , you havent spent alot of money . Try to guesstimate how much you;ll weigh during your cruise, then ask someone who is at that weight what size they are now. Good luck !

My secret is just following the guidelines that my doc set out for me! I need to work out more.. ugh i just hate working out!!

Okay, so since Feb 13th I've lost 55 pounds (yay me!) and in four months I will be going on a cruise. So of course normally I would buy my swim suit now since they don't sell them in September. But how the heck do I pick a size?! I mean if I keep on track I will be down over 100 pounds.. but honestly I'm losing everywhere but my waist!

Sooo.. what to do? My mother suggested that I buy the suit I want in three different sizes but I worry that I wont be able to return them.

My high school reunion is next weekend, and I waited until this week to go shopping. It is not possible to predict weight loss rate, and not reasonable to believe that the same rate of weight loss will be maintained throughout the next few months.

I would wait until the week before to go shopping for the "must fit well" items, such as a swim suit. Some blouses still look like a good fit when you have shrunk a size down, also a few stretchy t-shirts.

Other items, such as Not Your Daughter's Jeans are very stretchy, and I have been able to wear them a size larger than I really am without them looking baggy. They are on the expensive side, but you can find some more reasonably on eBay. As for me, to have 1-2 pair that fit me like they should at every stage is important to me psychologically. I look at it as in investment into my emotional health.

Stretchy fabrics seem to have the best longevity during this time. IMHO, your mileage may vary...

Try zappos.com or Nordstrom.com because they gave really good online return policies. You could buy a few different sizes and then just return the ones that don't fit ;)

I've been silly & shopped @ regular clothing stores the whole time. Needless to say my bigger friends have gotten a lot of nice hardly worn clothing. My wardrobe has turned over about 5 times in the past 14 months, 120 lbs lost! I gained 23 lbs back recently bc of being unfilled for plastic surgery & being unable to exercise :( I'm thinking tomorrow I might hit up goodwill for a few shirts to wear while I work off thos weight since my current wardrobe is a bit snug

Okay' date=' so since Feb 13th I've lost 55 pounds (yay me!) and in four months I will be going on a cruise. So of course normally I would buy my swim suit now since they don't sell them in September. But how the heck do I pick a size?! I mean if I keep on track I will be down over 100 pounds.. but honestly I'm losing everywhere but my waist!

Sooo.. what to do? My mother suggested that I buy the suit I want in three different sizes but I worry that I wont be able to return them.[/quote']

I am not trying to be a downer. Please don't expect your loss to stay at this rate. It does tend slowdown. I agree to check out online stores. I buy a lot of swimsuits from woman within.

Okay' date=' so since Feb 13th I've lost 55 pounds (yay me!) and in four months I will be going on a cruise. So of course normally I would buy my swim suit now since they don't sell them in September. But how the heck do I pick a size?! I mean if I keep on track I will be down over 100 pounds.. but honestly I'm losing everywhere but my waist!

Sooo.. what to do? My mother suggested that I buy the suit I want in three different sizes but I worry that I wont be able to return them.[/quote']

Buy at target! You have 90 days with a receipt or they can look it up on a debit or credit card if you pay with one of those. Then buy in a couple sizes! Plus they sell separate tops and bottoms and that always helps me lol

They just came out with new ones :)

One of the weightloss support groups here does a clothing swap every few months. That way you can bring in the clothes that are now to big and trade and swap them from smaller clothes that others have already outgrown. It is a pretty cool idea. I have not personnally done this, since I am just at the beginning of my weightloss and have clothing in 16, 18 and 20 from the last several years. I am just starting to notice that the 18 will no longer stay up and slide down alot and the 16s are lookin good. At least that is what my husband is saying about my behind in them.....(ya me).

I went for my first fill yesterday, and the surgeon wouldn't give it to me yet. I go in on June 11 for my first fill now. :):rolleyes:

Old Navy is 90 day return policy too...

Congrats......that must feel really awesome to have that much off in such a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Wow ! Congratulations ! whats your secret ? As far as clothing I buy almost everything at Goodwill or another 2nd hand store including swimwear for my swim class. Some people think "ewww' date=' gross!" but if you wash items before you wear them its no different than buying them new. also if you buy several swimsuits for the next few months and outgrow them , you havent spent alot of money . Try to guesstimate how much you;ll weigh during your cruise, then ask someone who is at that weight what size they are now. Good luck ![/quote']

I love love goodwill- it has been a staple with my weight loss. There is not a damn thing wrong with used clothing!!!!

It really makes zero sense to keep buying expensive new cloths when you can only wear them for a month or two.

AMEN!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

If you are going on a cruise in Sept... you could buy a swimsuit in late July... if your area doesnt sell them in the stores hit up Old Navy online.... they usually have some really good sales about then....

Ihave been an old Navy shopper throughout my journey..,.. its disposable clothing because its inexpensive