Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Just saw your post Lose_it. I know how upsetting a gain feels. But don't get down on yourself. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and we are still on the Quest for restriction. I notice some days i have to FORCE myself not to eat everything in sight, and other days I have no desire for food whatsoever. Also, some days my band is very tight and other days I can eat more. Guess its all part of the learning curve. hows your exercise going? Maybe stepping that up will help until you get restriction (i need to take my own advice).

Thank you Daisy! I think I'm just freaking out I could eat a panera bread and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to. I go Thursday for my next fill and going to talk to dr. Thanks again for the calm down!

Has anyone heard from md and how she is doing with holding her food an in general she made me nervou for her?

I haven't heard from her at all. Starting to get worried now.

Breakfast - 5oz yogurt

snack - 12oz tea with Splenda and skin milk

lunch - 6oz chili, 2 saltines

dinner - 3oz teriyaki chicken, 2oz rice/broccoli

snack - 8oz skim milk

Exercise - 35 mins cardio

Went to target today for cheap jeans and exercise pants. To my surprise a size 18 jean was falling down my waist. So I got a size 16 even though it's a bit snug, and size XL yoga pants. Woohoo!

Hi All

Sorry haven't had time to post been so busy getting everything ready for the Memorial ride. Somehow I hurt my foot don't know what I did I am going to see the podiatrist today I need to be able to walk this week!! Good news is I am down some weight which is great since I haven't been eating right at all (forgetting to eat) eating late at night when I finally stop! I have been walking alot so I know that has helped!

I hope MD is ok?

Daisy -Happy Birthday Girl and congrats on your NSV!!!

Sleepyone - Happy Birthday as well

Lose It - one day at a time I did the same started going up and then talked to the doctor and had a second fill doing well now.

Thank you!

Oh no. I hope you are still able to do the memorial ride.

Breakfast - 5oz greek yogurt

snack - 12oz tea with skim milk, 2 tsp sugar

lunch - 1/2 whole wheat tortilla, 3oz deli turkey, Tomato slice, lettuce, 1 tsp hummus, 1 slice of mango

snack - 8oz skim milk

dinner - 3oz tilapia, 2oz broccoli, 2 oz diced peaches

So I used to like Mio.. tried it again in my Water tonight and i feel like puking... Something about the flavor of it. Crystal light does the same thing to me. I cannot stand these calorie free flavor things.

Breakfast - 5oz yogurt

lunch - 5oz kashi go lean, 3oz skim milk

snack - 12oz tea with skin milk and 2 splendas

dinner - 4oz roasted turkey breast w/ gravy, 2oz mashed potato, 5 pieces of carrot

snack - 8oz skim milk

Water

Exercise - 1hour swimming

I'm so sorry ladies we have just been having rough times around here lately. We just found out that my mother in law has cancer again and it is on her lung, back and brain so not looking very good. I fell at work last week and hurt my right middle finger and just now starting to type with it, certain things still hurt my finger. My mother decided she wanted to go back to phoenix and left yesterday.

And now for me and my lap band. I had the gi done yesterday and I have a very large pill ,that my family Dr. told me I would be able to take, that is getting stuck in chest area. So this is whats causing all of my problems. So my throat is aggiatated, so I'm back on a liquid diet. I go in next week to see my family dr to see if there is some thing else I can take and I also go see my bariatric dr next week also. So things are getting back on track. And I'm so jealous reading how you ladies are going for your second fills and I still have not had my first one. I'm sure it is going to be a while because i seen my xrays and my throat is swelling alot. So I have to get that fixed before I can move on.

Well ladies I have to run to get to work but I will try to hit base nightly again.

Thanks ladies have a great day!

Debbie

Hi Debbie! So good to hear from you. I'm sorry I haven't replied to your message. This is the first quiet moment I've had all day. I am very sad to hear about your mother in law. Is there anything we can do to support you during this time? your family will be in my prayers. As for your band, you must be relieved at least. Will the pills pass through on their own or are they going to have to take them out somehow?!

I am doing well but I am getting pretty bored of eating the same few meals over and over. I get hungry Every 3-4 hours which is fine but when it hits its BAD and if im out doing errands, i have to suffer til i get home. Is a snack ok? Anyone have suggestions? Do you think for meals I can just try recipes from a Cooking Light or Weight Watchers magazine?

I really need to bring a list of questions for my fill.

Breakfast - 5oz yogurt

lunch - 3oz turkey, 2oz potato, 1oz peach

dinner - same as lunch

snack - 16oz tea with skin milk

I really miss when everyone was posting here daily like in the beginning. :(

Breakfast - 5oz kashi go lean, 3oz skim milk

lunch - 3oz grilled chicken, 3oz greek salad, 4oz apple juice (30 min after eating)

snack - 6oz greek yogurt

dinner - 6oz seabass with cucumber/carrot salad

snack - hot tea with truvia

I am thinking about starting Couch to 5K. Has anyone done it?

Breakfast - 5oz yogurt, 2oz high protein/fiber granola

lunch - tea. I had overslept so breakfast was at 11... Didn't get hungry get again til 5ish.

dinner - 1/2 beef, veggie and bean taco, 1 small pineapple wedge

snack - 1/2 piece of party cake

Lots of Water

I know I didn't do that well today. Skipped a meal and did have half a piece of cake at a party tonight. But I know pre surgery I wouldve done way worse.

I get my second fill in the morning. Not looking forward to a day or two of liquid after that but I can't wait to see how my weight loss went :)

Good Morning Daisy! I will try and commit to post more regurly on here! I do come in and make sure everyone is doing good and everyone keeps me motivated! I track everyday on live strong food journal but I will tell you I'm a creature of habit I find things I like and stay with that so my post may be the same everyday besides supper.

On a great note I am at my half way mark in my weight loss journey! I started in January watching what I ate and lost some before my band in May. Since my band I have lost 40lbs. I started at 278 and weighed in at 209 today! I don't regret the lapband one bit.I was joking with my husband and said I have lost as much weight as my oldest son who is 10 weighs!!!! I've lost a 10 year old how crazy!!!

Everyone that post inspire me everyday with our good and bad days it lets me know we are not in this journey alone! I feel I can come here and say I'm having a rough time I've gained or just want to eat everything in sight and you guys can relate and calm me back to reality! So thank you for that!

Daisy we all have bad days with eating. Don't feel bad just pick yourself up and hit restart today! You can do this!

Lose_It - That would be great! I know it helps me too to see how everyone is doing and get meal ideas. The support from all of you here helps immensely. And WOW!! CONGRATS!!! How do you feel? You are almost in onederland.. how cool is that?! Proud of you.

I went in for my 2nd fill today. My doctor is thrilled about my weight loss and said I am a "poster child for the lapband lifestyle" LOL... hardly... but that felt really good to hear. She said I do not need more Fluid in my band at this time and that I am in the green zone faster than most. I am so used to failing at weight loss that this is surreal, in a good way. haha

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt

snack - 6oz yogurt

lunch - 1/2 wheat pita, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 5 grapes

snack - Skim milk

dinner - 3/4 toasted sandwich thin, 3/4 boca burger, 1 tbsp ketchup, 2oz fruit salad

Snack - skim milk

Yesterday

Breakfast: chocolate shakeology

Lunch: Greek yogurt with Honey and banana

Dinner: Tomato and sweet basil Soup

Water,water,water!!!

G2 (Gatorade)32oz

Hello

I'm so proud of you ladies! your all doing so well. Well I go in tomorrow to see the Dr. again but I can tell that my throat is still swelling so I still won't get my first fill. I hope they figure this out soon. I'm really agaitated with all of this. I fill if some one would have listened to me two weeks after surgery this would be fixed already and I would be further in my journey. I guess I should not really complain I'm still doing okay. I have lost a totaly of 35 lbs in two months. And going thru all of this is making me work out harder at the gym. I have up my speed and hardness of the equipment at the gym and I make sure I work out for at least a hour. or if I'm close to rounding off my calories I will stay on the machine until I get to the even amount of burned calories. Such as the machine will say I have burned 287 calories I will stay on the machine till it says 300. So I challenge you all to push your self just a step further. Let me know what you did.

sorry I have not postd my meals but here is what my meals have been looking like lately.

Breakfast

yogurt

lunch

cream Soup

super

cream soup

snack

sf fudgesicle

Hi All

I'm Back Memorial run went well even though I fractured my foot so I couldn't not go on the ride.

Breakfast

Arnold round Egg white sandwich

coffee

lunch

Homemade Sausage Soup

dinner

Rice

Veggies

Pork