Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

yesterdays menu was:

No Breakfast

lunch

3 chicken bites ( cameback up)

supper

1 & 1/2 egg rolls ( came back up)

Tried chicken noodle Soup a couple hours later and it stayed down, thank god. I did call the Dr. and let them know that I'm having a hard time with things staying down. so they are going to schudle me for a upper gi. I hope every thing is okay. I'm getting worried that I'm going to mess my band up with all the throwing up I've been doing. I have not been to the gym all week because I fell at work and hurt my hand pretty bad. It is swollen, I don't think it can swell and more. I think I need to get a pin and pop it. ha ha

Are you getting enough Water? Add a Protein Shake to your diet to curb the hunger.

I don't think so .. That must be the problem. Its been over 95 for the past three days and i feel so BLAH. I get probably three Water bottles a day but rarely finish them. I barely drank water before the lap band so i literally have to force myself now. Been doing better today!

Are you alright Debbie? Is it a certain food that you eat that makes you throw up, or are you vomiting up everything you try to eat? An upper gi will get you some answers. And i think in the meantime maybe you should stick to liquids, yogurts, chilis and Soups to be safe til your appointment :(

Breakfast - 6oz greek yogurt

lunch - 1/2 cup pulled chicken w/ gravy, 1/4 cup potato and steamed carrots

snack - 6oz mango yogurt

dinner - 1/2cup chicken, 1/4cup mashed potatoes, 1/4 cup diced peaches

snack - 8oz skim milk

Water

exercise - 2 hours swimming

Debbie - hoping they fix whats wrong throwing up is not good. Keep us posted

Natalie- you are looking good girl love the new photo! keep up the good work.

I am on vacation next week Actually starting tonight I lost my son 3 years ago July 11 to a tragic motorcycle accident..he and his twin brother were riding and an elderly driver pulled out in front of them. We have a bike run every year to raise money for a scholarship fund we set up in his name. So I am hoping to stay strong and keep up my exercise this week I know that it will help me burn of the aggression I feel this time of year! Stay on me if I don't go to the gym!

Breakfast

Arnold round egg white bake w' cheese and Hot peppers

lunch

Ham and cheese roll up on Soft taco shell

dinner

Brown Rice 1/2 cup

Pork Strips 1Oz

Chow Mein 1/4 cup

Water

8 glasses

Exercise

walked 1 mile

@mcfinch I hope you feel better and I really hope your band is ok and they find the minor issue out for you.

@Daisy You and MandaE was right about the fill not hurting it was a breeze I got 3cc's on July 2. and there is very little difference so far.

@Whymomwhy - So so sry for your loss of your son, I know that was heartbreaking. Prayers are being sent out for strength and a successful fund raising for you and your family.

Breakfast Protein Shake 30g

lunch Subway grill chicken and baby spinach salad (cup)

snack Nature Valley Protein Bar (Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate)

dinner 1/2 cup tuna (Light miracle whip- relish- boiled egg- onion) on a Wheat Tortilla

snack fruit salad

Whymom

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts! Keep strong, and if you feel like crying, Girl let it just flow sometimes it's better to just get it out!!

Md I'm sorry your having trouble with your band. A friend of mine found out on Monday her band had slipped. She's on a slowish to soft diet Nd has to go back in a month.

Sorry ladies I'm havnt been posting I religiously post in my live strong online journal! But I hope everyone is still doing good!!

Just wanted to check in I'm staying strong and positive and 10 pounds until the Onederland!!

Whymomwhy - Thank you for the kind words. And my heart breaks for you knowing what you've gone through with your son. It is remarkable that you are so strong and focusing on your health. The future is bright for you and your family

Eye wonder - yay! Glad your fill went well! I have another one in 10 days.

Breakfast - 4oz kashi go lean in 4oz skim milk

lunch - 3oz chicken, 2oz potato, 2oz peaches

snack - 8oz skim milk

dinner - 5 pieces of shrimp, 4oz Pasta w/ Tomato sauce and zucchini

snack - 4oz strawberries, 2tbsp reddi whip

Snack - 8oz skim milk

Lots of Water

30 mins swimming

Breakfast - 6oz greek yogurt, 1oz Fiber granola

lunch - 1/2 josephs flax wheat tortilla, 2oz lean ground beef, 1 tsp fat free cheddar, salsa, lettuce

dinner - 1/2 josephs flax wheat tortilla, 2oz lean ground beef, 2oz black Beans, 2 pieces of mango

snack - 4oz yogurt

Exercise - 30 mins of Walk Away the Pounds dvd

Where is everyone??

I turned 23 today.. July 7. All things considered I think I did ok except I overdid my portion at lunch. I need to be really careful. I can't do more than 3/4c.

Breakfast - 6oz mango greek yogurt

lunch - 1 mini pita pizza (1/4c ground turkey, fat free cheese and red pepper topping), 1/4c mango. I was STUFFED after eating this, which is weird cuz I could eat that portion no problem a couple weeks ago (and that was AFTER my fill). Never again!

dinner - 1/3 whole wheat wrap from Jason's deli (turkey, Tomato, mixed greens, light ranch). 1/4 pickle spear and 1 strawberry.

Lots of Water

Exercise - 30 min mall walking

Happy Birthday Daisy!!!!

Happy Birthday Daisy!!!!

Thanks so much :)

Breakfast - 5oz yogurt

lunch - 1/4 turkey wrap with light ranch, 1 piece of strawberry, 1/2 pickle spear

dinner - 1/2 of a chicken taco

snack - 10oz mango raspberry smoothie from Ben & Jerrys. I asked for half size so it was only 125 cals vs 250. Was my treat of the week.

Lots of Water

Walked for a couple hours

Today I had a NSV. I went to a THEME Park!!! First time in probably 4 years, and better yet I was able to fit on every single ride. I was careful not to go on rides that put pressure on my port area. I am so happy. Will make a post about this with pictures tomorrow. Thank you all for the encouragement and I hope you all had good weekends

Woohoo Daisy!!! That's the best feeling

happy birthday natalie! I turned 46 on Friday the 6th... You are half of me! hehehe and soon we will both be half of ourselves!

I'm having a really hard time guys.... I did so good until the week before my fill. and my hunger came back with a vengence after not feeling hungry for 5 weeks. I had my fill last thursday. Did liquid thurs and fri.. Saturday night I got stuck! my own fault.. I forgot to eat slow enough (I was famished as I had went 10 hours without eating anything). I knew it had to happen sooner or later and in a way, i'm glad its over so I know how it feels and what the warning signs are. I went back on liquids and Soup. Today I tried some meat, and two bites into it, I felt the warning signs. The meat when in the fridge and I grabbed a Jello cup instead. I don't think its because they added too much to my band. I think its because Saturday's incident caused some additional swelling? I don't want to go get anything emptied. I really think it is just me. I chew enough now, but think I need to remember to take smaller bites. I refused to get a toddler fork and spoon as my dietician suggested, but maybe I should! Oh, and I did another dumb thing. I tried to eat breakfast! duh... band is tighter in the mornings! gonna start remembering to have a slim fast for breakfast. I used to eat breakfast, skip lunch and have dinner.. All the little things we gotta change and never thought of. I'm going to keep on soft foods, and by the end of the week, eating smaller bites and chewing and still getting stuck (its only happened two times)... I will call the doc and have them take a little out of my band.. I'm so sad though, because I am hungry, and I was looking forward to the next fill in two weeks.... I honestly think that my band journey is really now beginning, and though i was practicing Portion Control and chewing and healthy foods during post op, i think the fill really put me on the road to learning about my new life and getting my body used to it. At least I'm not struggling in my mind!

Finch! Do not fret! and are you able to keep liquids down? what about softs? Maybe you need a tad taken outta your band? I'm worried that they jumped right to the upper GI considering you've been doing sooooooooo good! Do keep us posted. I'm worried about you. If you need anything, you aren't too far, I could drive up there!

Natalie.. wtg on the NSV. that is actually one of my goals.. at least now I know I only have about 20 lbs to go! you are such an encouragement.

Mom, so glad you are doing good since your fill!

Happy Late Birthday Sleepy!!!

Has anyone had their second fill or getting ready to get it. Ugh I'm struggling this week big time! I feel like i cant get enough to eat and i have been doing soo good i dont want to go backwards!! I didn't want to over do it my first fill and thought that I was doing great but this week is killing me with being hungry! I dont think im in the green zone!! I go for my second fill on Thursday and it can't get here soon enough. I gained 3 pounds back WRONG WAY!! Kind of having a mini freak out!!

Thank you both. The support means a lot to me.

Sleepyone - Don't beat yourself up for not getting it perfect yet. I am struggling with the same thing, figuring out my new meal schedule and recognizing my body;s signals. Still working on a work out routine. I still have occasional chest pains which I will be checking with my Dr about at my fill 7/16. I am not sure if its cuz I eat too fast, too big bites, or something different entirely. Getting my 2nd fill scares me a bit cuz I'm still getting used to the 1st one. lol. What does getting stuck feel like for you? What kind of meat were you eating that got stuck? Some textures don't work as easily for me, like beef or salad. I suggest timing yourself when you eat and the small fork thing! How much Fluid do you have in your band? Have you tried yogurt and a little mushy fruit for breakfast? You're doing great girl. keep it up.

breakfast - 5oz greek yogurt

lunch - 1/2 arnolds sandwich thin, with turkey, Tomato and lettuce, 2oz diced mango

snack - 8 oz milk

dinner - 3/4 of a mini pita pizza with ground turkey and red peppers on it, fat free mozz cheese, 3 baby carrots with 1 tsp hummus

snack - 4oz greek yogurt

also had another cup of tea, lots of Water

No exercise today.