Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone, I never forgot all of you and your Q&A's and I apologized for not responding lately. I have read all the post and I have to thank the faithful few that hasn't given up on our group. (You know who you are)

I see another name added to the group "sleepyone".

I don't know who gave you that name (lol) because you are definately not sleeping on contributing to our group. Keep up the support.

I started my regular food Thursday June 14 so I will try to add to this post.

Breakfast 2 EGG WHITES- TRI-COLOR PEPPERS AND ONIONS- CANADIAN BACON- SALSA

snack 1 WHEAT THIN FLATBREAD TUSCAN AND HERB CRACKER WITH SARGENTO ULTRA THIN SWISS

cheese MELTED. TOPPED OFF WITH BRUSCHETTA TOPPINGS (TOMATO-ONION- GRATED

GARLIC- OLIVE OIL AND BASIL SEASONING

2 STRAWBERRIES

lunch TUNA- LIGHT MIRACLE WHIP-EGG- RELISH

1/2 TOASTED SANDWICH THIN

SNACK ANOTHER CRACKER WITH BRUSCHETTA TOPPINGS

dinner TILAPIA FISH AND MANGO PEACH SALSA

1/4 CUP COOKED BABY SPINACH

WATERMELON WEDGE (SMALL)

So good to see you posting again! I was worried!

And your breakfast sounds delicious. I would love any recipes you have.

Today I had Water, skim milk, and apple juice due to getting my fill. Back to foods tomorrow.

Exercise - 30mins elliptical and 15mins of squats/lunges/light weights

@Daisy Some of my meals are the first time I tried them. I never ate egg whites in my life. Bruschetta toppings on a cracker I found on the Wheat Thin box, never ate before. I forgot I added deli turkey also.

Actually seeing your tilapia fish with mango salsa made me go out and buy some mango peach salsa. I usually eat my tilapia with ketchup, mustard, and hot sauce.

I'm just searching for meals other than tuna/chicken/egg salad and chili. I was scared to try bread reading other peoples comments. So I tried toasting sandwich thins and it was fine. I haven't tried salads yet, I guess that will be on my list this week (I think)

Eye.. salad was fine for me, I tried it this week. I was scared too. Had shredded pork last night. it was nice for a change from chicken and fish. I'm too scared to try anything related to bread, except out of desperation i did try a tortilla. That went down without a hitch.

I really miss salsa, especially since my friend makes the best homemade... I have been wondering how to eat that and have it healthy, since chips apparently are out of the question.. I'm too new to eating fish that I can't imagine salsa with that, even though mango peach sounds heavenly..

Natalie.. how's the hunger since your fill. You seem to be surviving on your liquid diet okay.. but I knew you were soooo hungry before the fill.. Details Woman! hehehehe

Sleepyone Buy a pk. of wheat sandwich thins and toast it, that's what I've been using. I have a package of wheat tortilla's now but scared to try them, but I guess I will give it a try since you said it went down fine.

You can get some Wheat thin crackers and eat with your friends salsa. To me BBQ flavor cracker is my fix for potato chips.< /p>

My fix for sweets is "Laughing Cow Cinnamon Swirl cream cheese wedge" on a cracker. That's a new flavor that just came out and it is soooooo good.

Sleepy one - try Josephs pitas. They come in a mini size and are very healthy. Has whole grains and flax in it. As for my hunger now.. I will let you know in a few more days. I was starving on the 2 days liquids after the fill. My hungers been very manageable today. Some say it takes a week or two for a fill to kick in.

I went grocery shopping today and am gonna try out tons of new recipes this week. Can't wait.

Well I didn't do perfectly today. I went to a friends wedding.

Breakfast - 3/4cup Greek yogurt

lunch - 1/2cup chili, 2 saltines

snack - 1/2cup soy Protein berry smoothie

dinner - 1/2cup shredded beef, 1/4 rice and black Beans, 2 baby tomatoes

Dessert - 1 small piece of wedding cake

welcome back to solid food natalie. can't wait to know how your new recipes go.. share the good ones!

I'm really struggling, though i dont think its related to my lapband. However, struggling without comfort food is HARD. of course, comfort food is one of the reasons i got the band.. my depression leads to eating, which leads to me gaining more weight when my depression gets real severe (which it is right now), which leads to health problems and more depression. I'm trying hard to break this cycle.

@Sleepy I hope and Pray your depression leaves you this very moment and don't bring any health problems your way. And from this day forth your mind and spirit is renewed in all peaceful things and thoughts.

Please believe that people care and have love for you, be it a stranger or others, and that my prayer for you is to be healed.

That cycle you want to break will take place if you keep your mind away from the negative things that pop up, by knocking those thoughts down right away. And place them with positive thoughts. I believe you will have a BREAKTHROUGH and that you are being healed in the name of Jesus

(side note) I know you didn't ask for all of this, but I had to say what was in my spirit to say to you. At the same time I'm being reminded to apply the same words to my life, so you see we all need help in our struggles.

@Daisy, or should I call you Natalie now? How did the rice go down for you, I thought rice was to be omitted from our "diet".

Sleepy one - I will let you know how they turn out! And my heart goes out to you. I have struggled with depression since my early teens due to family problems. It is mostly seasonal now, during winter I have some very dark days. I started seeing a therapist again, because I didn't want my depression to sabotage this lifestyle change. You can always message me if you wanna talk.

Eye wonder - The rice went down ok. I chewed everything like crazy. My nutritionist said anything is ok in moderation and they don't want me on zero carb due to my Constipation issues. I bought some brown rice to try at home.

Meals:

Breakfast 1/2 Toasted Sandwich Thin - Jimmy Dean Turkey crumbles- poached egg

lunch 3oz. Skinless Turkey Sausage

1/4 cup cooked Baby Spinach/onion

snack Laughing Cow "Cinnamon Swirl" Wedge - 5 Wheat Thin Crackers

1/2 cup watermelon

dinner Chicken(crusted) pizza -Toppings- Sauce- Mini Turkey Pepperoni- Turkey crumbles-tri-color peppers/onions- cheese

1/4 cup Spinach

Breakfast - 6oz peach greek yogurt

lunch - 1 whole wheat pita, w/ ground turkey, Tomato sauce, mushrooms and reduced fat cheese as topping

snack - 8oz skim milk

dinner - Same as lunch, plus 2 large strawberries

Snack - 8oz skim milk

No exercise today, but back to it tomorrow.

thank you for the prayer eye and your supportive words Natalie! i do feel better today. i've learned with my depression its one day at a time, sometimes, like yesterday its one moment at a time. I wish there was a band for depression, because sometimes its harder to deal with than my obesity...

today is a new day. a day i will succeed in!

Sleepy- Great positive thinking, keep it up

I did get a fill on friday so had to be on liguids for that day mushy for Saturday and back to regular food Sunday I did fine I do feel like it has helped in between meals I am not hungry but I can eat more than I should we shall see.

I have fought depression as well and it is one day at a time and for those really bad days 1 minute at a time if need be.

@whymomwhy Let me know if you can still eat the same foods after your fill?

My first fill is July 2 and I'm not looking forward to a needle in my stomach, but I am anxious to find out if there would be a difference.