Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Running really late!!!!!

Yesterday's meal

Breakfast: strawberries and cream oatmeal I love oatmeal if you guys havnt noticed!☺

lunch Protein Shake

Dinner: tried shredded chicken it didn't go very well at all ðŸ˜'which stink I love chicken but I love my health more😊

So I ate mashed potatoes and cottage cheese

How did you prepare the chicken? Maybe with some marinade or sauce on it it will go down better? I have only had issues with refried Beans so far, but it was pretty unpleasant. A lot of moving and a glass of pineapple juice to break it up were the only things that helped!

Here was my day:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup banana

snack - 8oz milk

lunch - 1/4 cup kiwi, 1/4 cup cheesy broccolli, 1/2 cup shredded chicken

dinner - 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup shredded chicken

snack - 8oz tea with skim milk

I will probably have another 8oz milk before bed.

Didn't do any exercise but I need to step it up this weekend. I am going to try ground beef with taco seasoning, or maybe shredded pork in the crockpot. I am getting pretty tired of eating the same foods all the time. Do you guys think baby bell light cheese (in tiny pieces) counts as a soft food? I am lactose intolerant so have never tried that cheese before.

Ladies I'm not really eating anything I think I might of caught the flu???ž

Hi y'all I start mushie foods on Tuesday. I want to be apart of this as well. I also go back to work on Wednesday :(. Let's see how this goes!!

Breakfast

1/4 c egg subsitute

lunch

yogurt

supper

2oz ribeye steak

1 oz potatoe

1 oz mushrooms

snack

banana

no exercise on the weekends for me. My two days off.

• Any time some one would like to join us, Please just post.

Natalie

Are you still taken your pain killers. I was always feeling tired and taking daily naps until I finally stop taking my pain killers. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Ladies I'm not really eating anything I think I might of caught the flu???ž

Are you not eating because you can't get/keep food down, or because you dont feel hungry? I'm worried.... You have to eat something! It may help to go back to easy foods like yogurt and have 1/4 cup at a time.

Hi y'all I start mushie foods on Tuesday. I want to be apart of this as well. I also go back to work on Wednesday :(. Let's see how this goes!!

Welcome! :)

Natalie

Are you still taken your pain killers. I was always feeling tired and taking daily naps until I finally stop taking my pain killers. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Hey Debbie. Sounds like you did well today! I've been off painkillers for a week now. I think part of it is not being active for a few weeks. Got to build my stamina again. I also have dealt w/ depression in the past which effects my energy level.

Ok just checking in, here was my day:

Breakfast - 1/2cup yogurt, 1/4 cup berries

snack - 8oz skim milk

lunch - 1/4 cup mango, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup ground beef (don't recommend this... No matter how much sauce I put on the beef it was still hard to chew down)

snack - tea with skim milk

dinner - 1/2 cup tilapia, 1/4 cup steamed carrots, and few noodles of macaroni

Snack - 8oz skim milk

Went on a 15 minute walk with my dog today. I know that's not much but it felt SO good to move and get fresh air. Tomorrow I will go to the gym.

Breakfast

1 boiled egg ( never again, It was way to dry to eat, I wanted to cry)

banana

lunch

1/2 of a chicken tomatoe/ herb bratwurst

1 large tbsp potatoe salad

1 large tbsp baked Beans

snack

2 pc of my daughters hot dog

supper

1/2 of a chicken tomatoe/ herb bratwurst

1 large tbsp potatoe salad

1 large tbsp baked Beans

snack

fudgesicle

no exercise to speak of, other than I rode my bike for 5 minutes when I got upset becuase my mother and husband was arguing about the grill. nit picking as usally at each other. I am proud of my self though. usally I try to fix things and this time I told them to figure it out for their selves and leave me out of it. and I went rode my bike instead of reaching for food. yah for me!

That's great Debbie! I have always used food to deal with family stress and it's hard to learn a different way. You did great!

Ok ladies. I am going to TGI Fridays and Red Lobster next week. I don't want to, but we have family in town and I can't get out of it. Any suggestions on what to order? I'm a bit stumped because it has to be healthy AND a soft texture. I'm trying to avoid Soups as it goes right through my band.

Didn't exercise today... Yell at me for it. It was pure laziness. Next week I am determined to do 5 days a week of exercise, even if just 20 minutes each day.

Feeling a bit discouraged cuz my belly looks to be expanding. Lol. Literally look 9 months pregnant overnight! Why is this?!

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast - 2/3cup strawberry greek yogurt

lunch - 1/4cup tilapia, 1/4cup steamed veggies

snack - 1/2cup Greek yogurt

dinner - 1/4cup deli turkey, 1tbsp hummus, 1/4cup mandarin oranges, 1 tsp laughing cow cheese

snack - tea with almond milk

And Water.

A bit sick of the yogurts. May try some tuna w/ light mayo tomorrow or oatmeal.

I think I'm finally back to normal and the flu has left this house and my body!! I havnt really been eating because of it.. Soup here and there tomorrow I am going to try and get back on schedule!

I think I'm finally back to normal and the flu has left this house and my body!! I havnt really been eating because of it.. Soup here and there tomorrow I am going to try and get back on schedule!

Glad you are feeling better!

Well I'm proud of myself... I survived a family dinner at ruby Tuesday's. I ordered the Blackened tilapia w/ mango salsa and got steamed broccoli and tomatoes for my side. I put about a cup of it on a small plate, took tiny bites from that and got through 3/4 of it. Now I have tons of leftovers.

Here's what I ate today...

Breakfast - 2/3cup peach yogurt

snack - 8oz milk

lunch - 1/3cup tuna w/ a tbsp light mayo, 1/4cup mango

snack - Water

dinner - 1/2 cup tilapia, 1/4 cup veggies

Snack - 8oz milk

Walked around the mall for 20 minutes as exercise. Does that count? Lol. Seeing my personal trainer for a workout tomorrow.

I noticed today I got full on about half the amount of food I'd been eating this week. Not sure what's up with that, but I'm listening to my body :)

Hi there. I had my surgery on May 10th. At my post op appointment I was down 20 lbs from the last time I was weighed. I have been sticking to the diet of 1/4 cup of food very three hours, but I haven';t lost anything more. Is this normal? It is very discouraging and I keep wanting to eat chocolate (my old friend). Has anyone else had this problem?

I would like to join in the accountability thing too.

Hi

Sorry have been away on vacation my neice graduated and we drove down to west Virginia I packed my food so I wouldn't have to try and find something to eat at the rest stops.

Here is my food from yesterday....

Breakfast

1 scrambled egg with shredded cheese and Jalepeno's

lunch

1 chicken breast with Hot sauce

2tbs red potato salad

dinner

2 hotdogs with american cheese

snack

1 SF popsicle

Water 9 glasses

Great Job Ladies!! daisy I still havnt ate out I'm finding what I can or can not eat chicken shredded in broth or not is a no go a so I think that I'm just going to stay away from chicken for now! I'm still sticking with mainly soft mushie an slowly introducing other foods!

@Gillybean I GAINED 7.5lbs once I switched from liquid to food, so consider yourself lucky. haha. Seriously though, I think this is totally normal. My surgeon said not to expect any loss for 6 weeks. And once we reach the green zone, we won't be losing more than 1-2lbs a week. So actually.. you are doing great. :) Avoid the scale for the next month.

@whymomwhy Sounds like things are going well.

@Lose_It Thats smart. I'm doing the same and no major issues. I found shredded beef in sauce worked A LOT better for me than ground beef with sauce. Easier to chew down. Its funny certain things work and certain things don't. Fish has also been very easy to eat.

Well today I had my first NSV! I am going on a cruise in a week and I ordered 2 formal dresses online (one in size 18, one in a 20.. I normally wear 20). Tried it on when it arrived today and a size 18 was way too big on top! The dress is plus size so didn't even come in a 16 which I needed. I cannot wait til I am out of plus size entirely, but for now... this feels pretty good :)

Here was my day:

Breakfast - 1/4cup yogurt (I noticed my band was really tight this morning)

snack - 8oz milk

lunch - 1/3cup shredded beef, 1/4cup peaches, 2 small pieces of broccoli

snack - 8oz milk

dinner - 1/2cup chicken noodle Soup

Snack - 8oz milk

Exercise - did 30 minutes on the elliptical, some arm raises with 5 lb weights, and leg stretches.