Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Sorry Md I tried to reply on my lunch today but it just kept saying sending and never went through. Some nights I'm not going to be on here til later. After I get off of work it seems like me and Adam (my husband) start our second job with our 3 boys. Until we lay them down and now it is summer so later bed time!!! LOL

But Md I wouldnt push myself to hard in your first month to month in half. I pushed to hard in the first week and one of my incisions came back open (it was fine) but I could of put my journey on hold if I didn't wise up and follow dr orders. I'm not a very patient person. Maybe go to gym and go until you start hurting then I would either yak a break or walk on treadmill until it stopped hurting then go back to your previous work out. You don't want to push to much and delay your journey!

Breakfast:

Creamy oatmeal

Lunch:

Shakeology Protein Shake

dinner

1/2c whole wheat Pasta

1/2 low fat cottage cheese

1/4-1/2 green Beans

Water about 4 8oz bottles.< /p>

Gatorade 16oz

I always have a drink in my hand that seems to be one of the hardest parts for myself to be more cautious of drinking slowly. I have always been someone that drinks a lot Water, tea, diet 7up, Gatorade anything and now I have to be more cautious of drinking slow and not just downing it!

Not a problem with me when you get around to posting because you can see you still beat me. I work 2nd and than go to the gym so it is late by the time I get home. As long as you post I promise I won't yell at you! ha ha! :P

Daisy I am drink the G2 not the regular. My doctor allows 1 6oz glass of fruit juice a day but it has to be 3oz juice 3oz Water I'm not a big fruit drinker though so I'm really not sure how that would taste.

On a great note I finally lost 3 pounds!!!! I am sooo excited to get off the number I plateaued at! I got off and back on the scale to make sure it was right???ƒ! Okay okay I did it more than one more time I wanted to make sure the scale was not lying to me! ☺

I'm working A double today so I'm going to post this am if that is alright. I planned and packed my meals for the day.

Breakfast: creamy oatmeal

Lunch: shakeology Protein Shake and yoplait yogurt light fat free

snack if needed yoplait fat free light yogurt

Dinner: left overs 1/2c whole wheat Pasta

1/2c low fat cottage cheese

Hi ladies

I am 2 weeks post op and will join you all if you'll have me I am on the mushy stage as well. The first 2 weeks was easy I lost weight no problem. I have stopped losing now which they said was normal All I can do is walking for exercise. I try to get 30 minutes a day. I should lose @ 2 LBS a week in the mushy stage which I just started Tuesday.

Congrats on your weight loss so far ladies! That's awesome!

I am really struggling today... I feel hungry all the time, and all I want to do is down a huge glass of juice :/ UGH!!! I am going to try shredded chicken breast and veggies for lunch and see if that satisfies me. I just don't get how im having sufficient Protein and am still hungry an hour or two later.

Debbie - I just posted my 2 wk post op pics on my page. Wasn't sure if I wanted to have them public, so it is is set so that my friends can see them.

Hi ladies

I am 2 weeks post op and will join you all if you'll have me I am on the mushy stage as well. The first 2 weeks was easy I lost weight no problem. I have stopped losing now which they said was normal All I can do is walking for exercise. I try to get 30 minutes a day. I should lose @ 2 LBS a week in the mushy stage which I just started Tuesday.

Of course we would love to have you. :)

O Daisy I get like that too! I just am hungry. Lol I seem to get like that when I'm bored so I try and keep myself busy and forget about it or drink some Water. Sometimes it helps me and sometimes it does not. I hear this is the worst part until our first fill.

O Daisy I get like that too! I just am hungry. Lol I seem to get like that when I'm bored so I try and keep myself busy and forget about it or drink some Water. Sometimes it helps me and sometimes it does not. I hear this is the worst part until our first fill.

Omg it's torture. I had the chicken and veggies.. Could only have 1/2cup before I felt satisfied. Now 2 hours later I'm hungry again. I've been sipping Water almost nonstop today and it hasn't helped. Think I will have Greek yogurt.

I thought maybe it was head hunger but I feel physically pretty week and a light Headache. I just want to feel like myself again and not obsess over food :(

Ok here is what I ate today:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup banana and strawberry

lunch - 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup cheesy broccolli

snack - 1/2 cup yogurt

dinner - 2/3 cup beef chili, 1/4 cup mango

snack - 8oz milk

I will probably have another 8oz milk before bed

I feel like I followed the plan today, yet I feel weak, depressed, and I am having headaches. NO energy to even go on walks. Nurse said I could take tylenol if I broke it up into pieces, thank goodness.

How often are you guys eating? I think I am going to set a timer and literally eat every two hours. I just don't know how much I could have per sitting. I am supposed to get 70g Protein a day and I refuse to get that from the Protein Shakes which gave me the worst Constipation of my life.

Frustrated!

Natalie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are hungry :( . Are you eating meat yet? I know yesterday or the other day you said you was afraid to try meat for fear it would get stuck. If your afraid to get it ground up good enough, why not try baby food meats. My dietican told me that I could do it that way if I wanted. I know years ago when my Uncle had his surgery that is what he did. Today I made chicken breast with some thing I have never tried before. It was called chicken in a bag. It was just a oven bag and some seasoning. I had to buy my own meat and put it in the oven bag and than add the seasoning with flour and Water and let it cook for a hour and it was very good and very moist and tender. than I just cut it up small and by the time im done it shredded and I needed a spoon to eat it with. It was with the package seasonings at the store.

Here is my day ladies!

Breakfast

ran out of time

Lunch

2 oz chicken

2 oz carrots

Supper

2oz chicken

2 oz carrots

snack

2oz fruit cocktail

1/2 sf Jello

Gym

30 min treadmill

15 min bike

15 min ellipitcal

Hey ladies I called my dr office today about going to the gym. I was told no strenght training for at least my first 6 weeks, at least nothing over 20 lbs. And yes go ahead and push my self on the elliptical, bike and treadmill. And I was explained that the reason my tummy hurt was because of scar tissue healing and right now it has had no exericise so the scars are healing the tissue hard. And the exercise will do the scars good to limber up. I hope that makes since to you. The way it was explained to me made since.

Natalie

I'm sorry I forgot to answer how often I eat. I eat ever 4 to 5 hours and I'm usally satisfied for that long. I'm having a hard time getting my Breakfast in. Which I have always been bad at it. I think I need to do more on the weekend to get me organized for the week. So I can get breakfast in.

I also get hungry and it must be like this as our swelling goes down and the food just falls through this is the tough part I think. I have used Water to help with the hunger and it seems to help as well.

Breakfast 1 egg scrambled

coffee w/ milk and 1 equal

lunch 1 cup Chili no Beans

dinner 4 Shrimp

1/2 cup wheat angel hair

snack 5 green olives Pepper jack cheese 2 pieces'

10 cups Water throughout the day

I'll have to try the dinner in a bag. I've tried ground turkey, beef, and shredded chicken. So far so good.

However, I weighed myself today and I have GAINED 7.5lbs. Really upset right now. I don't know how that's possible when I'm following the plan? I am just not weighing myself again til my fill on the 14th.

I talked to my sister and she calmed me down. I lost 20 lbs on pre op liquids, and another 15 or so on post op liquids.. So I think it was bound to slow down especially when I switched to regular foods.

Daisy don't get down on yourself. Just stick to the plan and maybe write down what you are eating and bring with you to the dr. and they can give you suggestions

Daisy don't get down on yourself. Just stick to the plan and maybe write down what you are eating and bring with you to the dr. and they can give you suggestions

Thank you Lose_it. I needed to hear that.

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup raspberries and strawberries

snack - 8oz skim milk

lunch - 1/2 cup chili, 1/4 cup diced peaches

snack - 1/2 cup yogurt

dinner - 1/2 cup tilapia with salsa, 1/2 cup mandarin orange

Snack - 8oz skim milk

Exercise : 20 mins walking on the treadmill.

I think I need to work on adding variety to my meals and having more veggies as opposed to fruits.Also, in order to curb my hunger and get in those 70g of Protein a day, I need to have something between every meal.

This is such a learning process but every day I learn more what works for me. Hope you ladies had a good day :)

Running really late!!!!!

Yesterday's meal

Breakfast: strawberries and cream oatmeal I love oatmeal if you guys havnt noticed!☺

lunch Protein Shake

Dinner: tried shredded chicken it didn't go very well at all ???’which stink I love chicken but I love my health more???Š

So I ate mashed potatoes and cottage cheese