Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having It Out!! Hooray!!!!!!!!

I would eat early and wait 8 hours before lying down. Then I'd use 2-3 pillows but still had acid reflux. I had all the liquid taken out last Wednesday and It's been wonderful. I now can eat fruits, salads, and I have no acid reflux at night. I know that now I have to be very viligant and watch my calories but at least I can eat healthy and maybe I won't have the sweet cravings.

Wow, I really can't believe I'm not the only one with these issues. I'm sitting up in bed right now at 3:00am, burping because I drank water! I had my band 'installed' about 4 years ago and last year had surgery because it had slipped and also had a hernia. I was burping the same way constantly. And now I'm sitting in bed thinking it has slipped again. I just really want this thing out of my life. My husband hates it, it's embarrassing to be at work and have your stomach sound like a flushing toilet, and all I want to eat is a salad!

If you're reading this to research lap band complications, do NOT get the band if you have a sensitive stomach. Really think about it. I read things too and choose to ignore them, but please please save yourself the money, frustration, and embarrassment of having a lap band! I know a lot of people have success, but a lot of us don't and we follow the rules! Exactly! And we still have complications!

I wish I had never done this to my body. It is not natural and I'm hopeful through hard work I can loose weight. I'm so willing to do whatever it takes...just make the burping stop!!!

You are definitely not alone Sunshine! My reflux is getting worse by the day. Even taking my meds at night sets it off. And believe it or not, it is causing gut issues too since the vegal nerve is pinched (It's a nerve that runs from your brain to your heart to you stomach to your gut and if it's as sensitive as mine, a lap band is the last thing you want to do to it!) I had a second surgery too and the stupid surgeon, who didn't believe me about the nerve, wrapped MORE of my stomach and nerve around the band. I got MUCH worse after that. Luckily, my GP found a drug to calm most of it down. But I still have major issues. Waiting to hear from the new surgeon about when I can get this satanic thing out of me!!

Wow, all...I am SOOOO glad to hear that I"m not alone, but, of course, I'm sad that other folks are experiencing these problems....

Whose life can be "normal" by raising the bed, sleeping on a million pillows, etc, just to avoid the nighttime reflux?! I"m not doing all of that, but I do pop Tums or Mylanta during the night...and during the day, I'm popping Zantacs like crazy....

I got the band in 2009. I started having trouble in 2010. I finally went and had the EGD this week and found ulcers and erosion in my esophagus. Thank the Lord, the band is coming out in 10 days. I just pray, pray, pray that having this band out will make me more comfortable, and allow me to eat the foods I want to eat (most of which really are healthy!!!) I've had no Fluid in the band for over a year, and still I'm stuck with practically every bite, and you can't even imagine the pain of the reflux. Or maybe you can.

I've said it before, but I'll tell you that I really thought the band would be my magic bullet. Believe me, it wasn't. There are times I want to binge. there are times I want to eat a BIG, FAT SANDWICH or GRAPES or TOMATOES WITH THE SKIN ON!!!! I can't. I know the big fat sandwich is against the band rules, but I still want one. I"ve had a couple, and boy have I paid....

Anyway, I'm really excited to have this thing out. Weight loss aside, I just want to feel better.

good luck to all.

So after my post I started experiencing a lot of pain so we called my doctor and he met us at his office within 30 (but feels like hours when you're in that much pain) and he took everything out of my band. I only had 4cc but when he took everything out it was so loud and such a relief. But I still couldn't get Water to go down, so I'm sitting in bed again, but this time it's a hospital bed about to get my band removed. 3 hours to go.

It's bittersweet because I'm scared I'll blow up and be 300 pounds again, but the other side of me is so relieved because I haven't had a good day since I got the band 4 years ago. Of course I've had good days but not a day has gone by where I've had to strategically place myself to be next to the bathroom, or pretend I'm not hungry because I don't want anyone to see me 'eat' Soup again. Or have to suggest a noisy restaurant so no one will hear me burp.

We adapt to what we were given in life and now I will no longer have to center my life around the plastic noose around my sensitive stomach. It's my life and I control it. If I want to lose weight then I can, if I want to be heavy and lazy, then I can choose that way too, but I'M in control now. It's all on me and I have learned a very important (and expensive) lesson. Now is my time to shine and I have the scars to remind me everyday of how I'm in control!

Wish me luck fellow banders. I feel like today is the first day of my new life. -jenn (sunshine)

So after my post I started experiencing a lot of pain so we called my doctor and he met us at his office within 30 (but feels like hours when you're in that much pain) and he took everything out of my band. I only had 4cc but when he took everything out it was so loud and such a relief. But I still couldn't get Water to go down' date=' so I'm sitting in bed again, but this time it's a hospital bed about to get my band removed. 3 hours to go.

It's bittersweet because I'm scared I'll blow up and be 300 pounds again, but the other side of me is so relieved because I haven't had a good day since I got the band 4 years ago. Of course I've had good days but not a day has gone by where I've had to strategically place myself to be next to the bathroom, or pretend I'm not hungry because I don't want anyone to see me 'eat' Soup again. Or have to suggest a noisy restaurant so no one will hear me burp.

We adapt to what we were given in life and now I will no longer have to center my life around the plastic noose around my sensitive stomach. It's my life and I control it. If I want to lose weight then I can, if I want to be heavy and lazy, then I can choose that way too, but I'M in control now. It's all on me and I have learned a very important (and expensive) lesson. Now is my time to shine and I have the scars to remind me everyday of how I'm in control!

Wish me luck fellow banders. I feel like today is the first day of my new life. -jenn (sunshine)[/quote']

Good luck!!!!! Let us know how you're doing :)

It will be 3 years in October that I was banded. Lost 40 pounds and then nothing. food gets stuck often. I just found out I have what is called a nutcracker esophagus. I have been told the band has to come out. My doctor is trying to save the band. All Fluid has been removed. At the end of the month I have to repeat the original test. If ok, he will slowly refill the band. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm scared what will happen if the band is removed. I still feel tightness with the fluid removed.

I have been having problems with it for a year. i feel a pain in my breast bone area and doesnt go away. Sometime i will have some lemonade and that helps to bring it up. I had may band emptied and was ok could eat for england had a camera down my throat awful experiece said it was red. They think i have reflux. give me some pills called omeprazole. I felt ok eating a lot again. The last year had been wotsit choc and Soups. Yes put a stone back on. So because i was eating to well started haveing my band refilled. and 2 was ok so went and had another 2. last wednesday had fluid no problem. Went to pilates thursday and soups allday did have some crisps maybe to salty. Saturday couldnt eat or drink much, sunday the same. today i am still struggling. WHY ME> I am going on holiday in 3 weeks and was just trying to lose what i put on. Anyone have any good ideas.

Good luck!!!!! Let us know how you're doing :)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know I'm back at home and I feel great!

Can you hear that? Silence! No burping and I drank Water this morning!!

My band removal surgery went well, I was of course a little scared just going through another surgery but it was all worth it. No regrets so far!! I'm a little tried and my back hurts from the air they use to puff you up (although its not at my as before when I got the band or with the second slip surgery). And of course I have pain from the incisions, but again, it's all temporary pain.

I'm so excited to get through this so I can enjoy life again especially with my new husband who has been there for me every step of the way, he deserves this as much as I do!

Thanks for reading. And if anyone thinking about getting the band or getting it removed, please email me if you want the honest truth! Artherpurple@yahoo.com

-Jennifer

Welcome home Jennifer! I need to call my surgeon right now and ask him what the flip is up with my insurance approval process. I am miserable!! I want this thing out of me! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnne!

I went to my doc over a week ago and told him that I wanted the band removed. He told me he wouldn't remove it w/o me seeing a phychiatrist first. He doesn't feel that I would benefit having it removed. Well, I'm miserable. And since I went to see him, my insurance was cut, so I can't even go back. I should've had him remove all the Fluid. He didn't even suggest it. I'm beyond frustrated. Wish I'd never gotten the band in the first place.

It's been 3 months since my last post, but better late than never I suppose.

What's going on with me is that I'm either sliming, puking or belching. Not only that but my port has given me problems since I came home from the hospital. Which I told my doctor about at each appt. He told me at one visit that I was his first patient to ever have the problems I was discribing and if they continued, he'd have not choice but to go in a move my port. It has caused me a lot of pain. The most recent episode, I was getting out of a tanning bed a couple months ago and was in so much pain for days afterward. My port has moved from where it was initially placed. I am scared to see what it's doing to my abdominal wall.

As far as food goes, theres just no rhyme or reason to what I can or can't eat. One day I can eat a certain food and then the very next day I can't. When I eat, the food immediately falls into the place where the band is tightened around my stomach and I'm then stuck for a 1, 2, 3, 10 minutes or more. Just depends. Once the food passes through, I can resume eating. Needless to say, my food choices haven't been good because of this. And I'm the exact same weight I was the day of my surgery 21 months ago.

I currently do not have health insurance, so the only way to see my doctor is to pay out of pocket. There is a financial program available, where I would pay based on my income. I can't even afford to pay that. I'm beyond discouraged.

And for my doctor to tell me that I have to see a psychologist first before he'd remove the band....

A lot of people just rave on about what a great doctor he is. And while I believe he is a good doctor, I truly believe he's just not the right doctor for me.

i am so happy that you are getting this out. i am too. SOME people on here are just vicious rude people who dont get it. 40 lbs then nothing. now slipping. im done with the complications, the vomiting, food getting stuck, the extra expenses, the fills...i wish i had never done it. i should have come in here originally instead of making my own post because some people are not compassionate.

i am so happy that you are getting this out. i am too. SOME people on here are just vicious rude people who dont get it. 40 lbs then nothing. now slipping. im done with the complications, the vomiting, food getting stuck, the extra expenses, the fills...i wish i had never done it. i should have come in here originally instead of making my own post because some people are not compassionate.

Agreed. Because, God forbid, the band NOT be the right choice for someone.

So it's been two weeks since I had the band out and my life is 100% better! I feel so good! Highly recommended. If you're having complications it can be instantly fixed. The surgery was easy to get over, a lot quicker than the original band placement and definitely easier than my slip repair last year. I went back to work two days after and I've started exercising again. We can do this with out the band!!! It's hard work, but it better than throwing up everyday and having to worry if that piece of food is going to get stuck again! Or in my case, getting Water down in the morning. I'm serious people! Get it out! You won't regret it!!

Thank you for all of the info. I've been trying to decide between the band and the sleeve, and this really has helped me make my decision for the sleeve. I hope you are still doing great. Thanks again for your honesty.