Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck!

Good luck!! It's scary, but this is the hardest part -- anticipation. Once you get the thing done, you just need to recover and that gets better every day. It's not so bad. The anticipation is MUCH worse that the actual event!!!!

Good luck!!

I will have my surgery on Monday. I am starting to get scared now. I am reading stories on here that have me worried. I think I am going to have to stop reading so much! it's starting to freak me out! I am second guessing my self....... All the what ifs are starting to set in.

How do you stop all of the negative thoughts that run through your mind? Did any of you freak out like this? I feel stupid for being so worried, but this is a big deal! I didn't know you could die from a slip....... I thought they could just un-fill the band or maybe at worst, remove it.

I have no regrets. Don't panic. I found that praying and singing to myself calmed me down. After all God wouldn't bring you this far to leave you. Have a talk with Him. Fear and faith cannot co habitate. Just think of what you will be able to do afterwards.

I will have my surgery on Monday. I am starting to get scared now. I am reading stories on here that have me worried. I think I am going to have to stop reading so much! it's starting to freak me out! I am second guessing my self....... All the what ifs are starting to set in.

How do you stop all of the negative thoughts that run through your mind? Did any of you freak out like this? I feel stupid for being so worried, but this is a big deal! I didn't know you could die from a slip....... I thought they could just un-fill the band or maybe at worst, remove it.

I believe Shirley had a very rare complication with her slip. The chances of a slip killing you is very very low,infinitesimal really.

There are risks with everything in life, but for me, the risk of dying from obesity is much higher than dying from a lap band complication.

To those of you who have the surgery coming up, I want to give you a happy reminder of why we're all doing this... I just had my 1st post-op checkup and found out I lost 14 pounds since the surgery last Wednesday! And 26 pounds total since starting the liquid diet three weeks ago...

I don't know what happened with Shirley or what her health was like otherwise, or what happens to the others who have problems, but remember that the overwhelming majority of people who have the band are fine. And the majority of people on here are doing pretty well, too. You have to make decisions based on your knowledge of your own body, and your own circumstances.

Just think of all the people in the world who are out there, successfully going about their days and weeks, feeling thankful they have this, who don't think about coming to a forum anymore because they've just incorporated the band into their day to day life...

I have no regrets. Don't panic. I found that praying and singing to myself calmed me down. After all God wouldn't bring you this far to leave you. Have a talk with Him. Fear and faith cannot co habitate. Just think of what you will be able to do afterwards.

I look forward to relief of the pain in my back! The weight ads to how much I hurt from my arthritis! I have medical reasons to lose the weight and keep it off. I am also now pre diabetic. I have to sleep with a C-Pap machine now too. The Dr. thinks all of these things will be made better with the weight loss. I thought I was going to be denied by insurance, so I prayed that if it was meant to be then it would all work out. AND I WAS APPROVED! All I could think was, this was meant to be! I think I need to pray about it more! I know I want this so bad! I am losing weight now, but it's not easy, and I always gain it back so fast! This tool is going to help me! Change my life! I pray it's for the better and everything goes well!

Good luck to everyone being banded and the ones who are already banded!!

I am officaly Banded. I wish i could say it went smothly but i had some bumps frist bump was becuse i have sleep apeda i had to were a love cardica /pusle of monter for the few day i was in the hosital and it was poitioned that every time i move it would hang down just low enough it hit my sight right on the lap band. Becuse of my weight i have alot of trubble being on my back for along time i hurts my back and hip so i keeped trying to move my self becuse i could not get confbule in bed and then would slide down requireing them to bost me up sitting in a chair did not work the frist day at all. I wish i could say it was not painful but it was pretty painful. Then I had problems moveing goop out of my lungs i would go to couch but could not get it up even with useing my inhiraire at this point i was pretty upset and shut down they gave me a few nebs and i was able to cough upstuff in my lungs. Next my bladder went to sleep and still has not woken up so i have a lovely foley for a few days till monday. Also finding a vine proved hard it took them six time 3 times to get ivs talk about feeling like a pin coushion The nurses were very nice also worning to the wise do not chung your protine shake when you frist get it you will vomit i created alot of infalition and i land back on stage 1 all over again and had to work back up to stage 3. They let me come home a little dehired due to the fact iv number 4 blew and i had enough i have the worlds worst headake and feel a bit light headed and trying to "Make it up" the nurse was very upset about the fact they took away the iv early dr jones yelled at them and told them i should have been on fuild all the way up to the end and he never okay taking me off. I am taking the pain meds every 4 hours they seem to help i have a big bruse were my prort is. I just going to look up becuse it can only get better

Laura

I have a question for everyone that has been banded. How long did the soreness last? I mean how many days after surgery was it before the soreness was completely gone?

mom of 3 :)

it depends on how loose your definition of soreness is... ACTUAL stomach pain, cramping, tightness, soreness, etc... That was probably the first 3-4 days. I'm now day 8 post-op and have a whole host of weird little things going on. I get cramps on my left side (like a runner's cramp) that are so bad I can't lie down on that side, which I know is from gas... My tongue is numb, I think it's from not getting enough water... I still sit up slowly, though I don't really feel pain... And being in a car still hurts if they hit a bump when it's going fast...

But that said, if someone asked me "how's your soreness" I would say I didn't have any...

Hi all, just thought I'd throw in an update. I was doing really well until last night, I started vomiting...but nothing was coming up. Now I'm scared to drink anything but I know I need to or I'll be more dehydrated than I am now. The good news is the gas pains are pretty much gone and the soreness at my incisions is getting better and better. The worst part now is just the overall lousy dehydrated headache-yness. I hope everyone else is going well!

Hello! I am a bit of a newbie. I was banded this morning at 8:30. I was REALLY nervous and freaked out but my surgeon was great as well as the entire medical team. The worst part of the whole thing for me was waking up because the breathing tube was still in and I couldn't breathe, but after a few seconds, what I mostly felt was relief! As far as pain, I haven't had much pain at the incision sites (yet) but the gas is horrible! My best friend had the same problem and said what worked for her was rocking slowly in a rocking chair and moving her upper torso as much as possible. I have tried the rocking and it has eased the pain a bit. As someone who was super freaked out at the beginning this morning, I can truly say that it was not even close to as bad as I was imagining!

Welcome to the other side :)

Well, tomorrow is FINALLY my day! Yay! The WORST by far has been the bowel prep that I have had to gag down today. Yuck!!!!

I am very much looking forward to it. Not nervous at all. I probably will be a smidge right after saying goodbye to my husband and kids.

I agree with what others have said....the benefits far outweigh the risks! We all are going to react differently then each other.....meaning some will have problems with gas, some with pain tolerance, and a few might have the very rare complication.

I will be trusting the Lord and praying that he protects me, that all goes well, that He guides the surgeon and team.

I cannot believe that it is finally here! Already down 10 lbs from 2 weeks of liquid diet with the Clear Liquids since yesterday.

Good luck to everyone being banded this week....especially tomorrow :) Who else is being banded tomorrow?....just curious