Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did U Tell Or Not? If Not..what Was Your Story?

After trying a million diets -usually shared with all- I have lost all credibility with people I know...this time it will be my secret (weapon).

Will be telling everyone how focused I am and that when I put my mind to something....I can get it done!!! Hehehehe

No one needs to know....

I told and tell everyone who will listen to me. It is my accountability. Wanna feel my port? LOL

But seriously, it is a very personal decision and you should tell or not tell based on YOU. :)

Hence the name Lap Band Gal :)

I've seen this trend of come feel my port when I was researching where to do my band...lol

After trying a million diets -usually shared with all- I have lost all credibility with people I know...this time it will be my secret (weapon).

Will be telling everyone how focused I am and that when I put my mind to something....I can get it done!!! Hehehehe

No one needs to know....

I've told a few close friends, my husband and children. But no one else. I decided to just keep it quiet.

I've told everyone except for my hubby's family....sheesh, they didn't even notice that I was down 75 pounds at Christmas!

Everywhere else I have shouted it from the moutaintop, except of course on facebook!! :P

I only told husband, kids and my Mum beforehand. Others I have told since because they have asked how I have lost so much weight. But I didn't want to tell anyone to start with because I thought they would be judging me. You know what, they were anyway, so it really didn't matter in the end. Fortunately all the judgement has been positive and my friends are a great support and encouragement.

At first I didn't really tell anyone but as it got closer I told more people and a few days after surgery I posted that I was doing well since my surgery on Facebook and some people asked what kind of surgery and I told them. I figure the reason that I didnt tell in the beginning was because I didn't want the negative comments so I figured afterwards I could not have people try and tell me their negative opinion and their only choice is to wish me luck! :)

I must say though I still haven't received any negative feedback which is totally surprising! I am happy that so many people are positive and my co-workers are all willing to help me, my boss is even starting up her weight watchers again in a show of solidarity! :)

It is all personal preference! I am happy that people know and I have grown to have such a large support system! :)

I'm still grappling with what to tell people, especially my work. On one hand, it's just none of their business, and on the other hand if they ask me I tell them. It's weird, I'm usually not so indecisive or reclusive. I have told my close friends and family, but I'm having hard time with my co-workers. They all can see I'm not scheduled in April and some have asked, so I told them. I was apprehensive in doing so. So far no negative feed back, AND hopefully it will keep me accountable at work.

No one needs to know....

I'm on the same page as you, I just told them its a hurnia repair.

I pretty much told anyone who asked. And really have had nothing but support, even from college class mates (whom i had to tell do to a group project and me missing classes), I've been heavy all my life so being able to have physicall proof that i'm making an effort to get this weigh thing that has pestered me since childhood under control. But like someone else who menteioned it, chose to keep it off Facebook.< /p>

I have told my husband, kids and parents. I have already received a little negative feedback from my father saying what I hear a lot of other people on here complain about "can't you just do it then normal way?"...I guess I am afraid I will be judged by coworkers and extended family with more of the same comments. Some of the comments I have heard when I considered it years ago was "it's the easy way out".

For those reasons I have elected to just tell those who ask...when they notice how awesome I look after loosing weight :) I have told my HR department that I need some days off for a hernia repair...which is true...half way.

My story is I eat less and exercise more...its the truth! The rest is seriously no ones business.

Yes I have only told my immediate family. Had to have two hernias repaired so that's my story. I have also started a different face book page new name new email. That way I can speak freely. If anyone is interested I'm Swee Karma have a great night!!

Have only told people really, really close to me (mother, stepmom, dad, boyfriend, and Boss, who is like a third mother to me). I don't really plan on telling anyone either. It's a very personal decision on my part.