Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I am 5 months post-op and have lost 40lbs and 17 inches! But I'd be a fool if I didn't admit I am still tempted by my biggest weakness... CANDY! It doesn't help that every holiday seems to center around candy! With Easter approaching, I am going insane! LOL! I love Cadbury candy coated chocolate eggs! (Lord help me!). But I was wondering, if any of you face the same temptations, and what you do to remain strong. I realized this morning that I simply cannot have any candy item in my house. I really can't help myself! So I'm looking for inspiration!

I will be banded later this month, but find that I also cannot have trigger foods in the house. No sweet cereals, candies, or chips. If I buy them, I try to find a single serve packet because I will overeat if it's from a larger bag.

Those Cadbury candy coated eggs are like crack. I could eat a whole bag. Since they are my favorite; and preband I would buy multiple bags of them AFTER Easter from the discount shelve I can no longer have them in my house (keep in mind I live alone). HOWEVER if I am going to a party I will buy them and have like 5. I make sure I have eaten first (and I am now at restriction) so that when I do eat them I am not hungry and don't go crazy.

Im the same way but its Temptation... I dont suffer from it tho. I will have someone else buy it and i just take one lil bitty bite and savor it as long as I can and then my craving is cured. And doing this I have never gained a single pound from this, Only cured a temtation!.. Its will power and Just cause your banded doesnt mean you have to suffer from all goodies.... BUT if your one that cant resist just taking the one lil bitty bite then DONT DO It!!!... Hoppy Easter :)

The band never makes the cravings go away.....it just stops you from eating a dozen of the Cadbury eggs.... down to one.... lol Don't deny your self.... simply adjust your way of eating that temptation.

candy still calls my name too... When i have to have .... i do exactly like Rachel above. My co worker freak that i can make a small bag of M&M's last a week or two. I take one M&M and put it in my mouth and just let it melt and savor it.... then i'm good.

Good luck.....

Somehow try not to think of candy as a forbidden food just like you shouldn't consider yourself on a diet. You are changing your lifestyle and you need to allow these things into your life in moderation. Some have a sweet once a week, others try to fit in into their daily intake. This is your new life and you need to try things until you find what works for you. I do want chocolate quite often so I buy really rich types and have just a few squares and I really savour them too like the other ladies. It works for me! Another approach is to go sugar free for one week and your craving for it should diminish.

If I'm craving, I allow myself to have some. I am eating very few calories as it is, under 1000... So I figure if once in awhile I have a bite of chocolate because I want some, its ok. So far it hasn't triggered anything.

I am so happy to finally be able to enjoy things in moderation. I never used to be able to do that. I'd be like a heroin addict, just a whiff of the good stuff and 10 days later I wake up in the trunk of a car in Bogota with no idea what happened (ok not really). I am soooo so so happy to be able to allow myself a little of this and that and be satisfied. That was what I always wanted, to be able to Portion Control. Not to go on an eternal diet.

Thanks for everyone's posts! I wish I had the self control some of you have.... But I know one day I will. But for now, I simply can't have a temptation item in my possession. Because I will eat an entire bag of chocolate!!! Eek! LOL. glad to know I do not face this alone!

Try the Skinny Cow candy. The help with the craving but only 100 calories and they taste good. :D

Kat

You're right; they are good. My husband bought me these for Valentine's Day because he knew how hard I was working to lose weight and didn't want to sabotage my efforts with a big box of chocolates. I ate all the packets in the box in less than 24 hours because after I ate the first package, the cravings intensified. I craved chocolate for several days after that but fortunately had none in the house.

I wanted a bag of Cadbury eggs just last week and my husband found the single serving size ones at CVS. He bought me one. I was clearly dissapointed (I could've eaten the big bag of em) but when I was done with my single servings (about 150 calories) I was satisfied. If I get a craving for something, I try not to "eat around it" by that I mean if I want chocolate, I'm not gunna eat an apple, then a banana, then some sf pudding - just to eventually eat the chocolate anyway, I'll just get a single serving of chocolate and not feel guilty. I don't do treats everyday - but at least 3x a week. When I'm trying to maintain, I can eat more treats (almost everyday)( but when I"m trying to lose (like now) I try to cut back a little. I chew a crazy amount of gum!

Good luck!

Marci

another suggestion...... buy good quality chocolate. and if you can by the bar so you can break one square and pick the rest up.

Lindt_ExcellenceBars_2010.jpg