Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Were You Out?

So I am schd to be Banded on 2/29 and I will be out of work 2/29 to 3/4 and will return to my call center job on 3/5. Is this too soon? How long were you out?

I work at a call center too, I went back 4 days post op and was fine. You dont feel 100% but you're not physically straining yourself in such a sedentary job....

I had surgery on a Thursday and was back at work on Monday. It was all fine.

My surgery is also Feb 29 and I only took off until March 6. I sit most of the day too. So it should be ok from what I have read although I know it is different for each person.

It depends on how you cope with the anaesthetic. I am a desk jockey and took two weeks off (one week running into Easter) and I really couldn't have gone back any earlier, mainly because of the anaesthetic

I work in a call center also and I returned back on the 5th day. I am a supervisor there and it was a little rough for me that day, but the next day was a lot better.

I have a pretty physical job, walking several miles a day, even climbing over, and crawling under vehicles several times a day. I had surgery on Tuesday, was back to work the next Monday. I did pretty good, although I wish I'd had an extra week, the biggest issue for me was making sure I had clothing that was stretchy, and non restrictive.

My Sister just had a sleeve done and had two weeks off...

I was banded on 2-17-2012 and will ho back to work on 2-29-2012 , I am a medical assistant and I am non stop all day and I am so glad I have gotten this time off because I am still having real bad shoulder pain.... I needed this time off...

I was banded on 2-17-2012 and will go back to work on 2-29-2012 ' date=' I am a medical assistant and I am non stop all day and I am so glad I have gotten this time off because I am still having real bad shoulder pain.... I needed this time off...[/quote']

Looks like I am the only crazyone taking off tons of time. I am having the surgery on 2/27 and I dont go back until 3/19. I work in a call center but it was more just my boss being nice and wanting to give me enough time to heal and adjust and come back feeling nice, new and rested.

I just took one week off and should be returning Monday. While I feel pretty good, I am still on the liquid diet and have zero energy. Monday I can start Protein Shakes and cream based Soups, etc. sure hope that helps! As it stands right now.... A week was maybe not enough time.

Hey all. I'm 22 and had my surgery yesterday at 9:00am :-) I feel a little week and sore but other than that I feel a lot better then I thought it was gonna be. My Dr. was Michael p. Choi at strax rejuvenation in lauderhill Fl. He's very strict but I feel he has been a great Dr. And did a good job on my surgery. I had my surgery at 9am and was home by 12pm yesterday. I'm on a clear liquid and sf Jello and popsicle diet. I also don't have any problems swallowing any of my medications which I'm very pleased about. I feel some restriction already too when I'm easily full before finishing a cup of jello. :-) im self pay and all my pre op and post op visits plus my surgery and upcoming first fill r costing me 10,300 all in all. Which to me is a small price to pay for my overall health, especially since my mom passed away at 36 from a massive heart attack. She was 5'2" and weighed 300lbs. Me I'm 5'6 started out at 295 but lost down to 280 on the pre op diet. I know I still have a long way on my journey to beinging healthier but I am so glad to be on the other side and I would recommend my Dr. To anyone and definately recommend this proceedure. I'm glad to be a part of this feb bandster group and have been lurking in here for about two weeks now. I have found yalls words and expirences very insightful and extremely helpful and I'd just like to say good luck to the rest of u feb bandsters in starting yalls journeys as well. :-)

I as banded on 2/22 and my Dr told me he wanted me out of work for 3 weeks....He said just enjoy getting to learn to eat.....I am a in home health care giver..smile.png

I was banded 2/20 and returned to work 2/23. Worked 3/4 of a day and yesterday I worked a whole day. It really tired me out. Resting this weekend. Day by day feeling better. Wish the hideous bruises would Ho away that are on both hands from the first two IV attempts. Thank God they got it on the third. Lol I think that was the most painful part.