Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did You Do A "last Meal"?

I told my BFF about my plans to get a lap band, and she wondered if I might want to do a 'last big meal' party, or go out for something fancy.

Part of me thinks that it would just encourage my overeating, but part of me kind of wants to. Did you do something like that?

I think a lot do. If you're going to, just be sure to do it before the liquid diet pre-op. if you've been told to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery, be sure it won't interfere with that either.

The night before I started the liquid diet, I did have a reuben sandwich and fries for dinner. I knew it'd be a long time before I had anything remotely like it again. Oh and I had a piece of boston cream cake for desert.

.....and now I'm hungry from thinking about it laugh.gif

I did a last week Haaa I made sure I ate anything I wanted 2 weeks pre op. then started prevop diet not really over doing just eating things I might not be able to eat as easy. Not recommending but that's what I did. Funny I can now eat most of those things now buy either don't want or eat less of it now. Love my band

My husband and I both did the last week of our favorites, even hit red lobster.. Tonight is his last night. Mine is the 17th our surgery is March 2nd.

YUP! I did! So did my husband. I went to my daughter's house and we ordered a very large pizza with eveything but bell peppers and anchovies even with the stuffed crust. I ate pizza all day long and sat in front of the tv with a case of diet cokes! Of course I didn't finish the cokes but the pizza was gone that same night. Do I regret it? NOPE. Ain't going to lie. It is now in the past and it stays there as I continue with my future.

Yes, I think i went too crazy with it though. I had chinese food, red velvet cake, five guys burgers and fries, pizza, subway, and all the snack foods you could think about. Not all in one day, it was the week leading up to the surgery. I didn't have a 2 week pre-op diet. I had a one day pre-op diet of clear liquid and nothing after 12am day of the surgery. Surgeon said my liver looked great and I tolerated the procedure very well. So yes enjoy a last meal. Not as far as I took it though. Funny thing is that at 7 weeks post op I don't really miss the junk food. Banding my stomach has helped me to stop obsessing about food.

I definitely had a last big meal! Steak and Lobster! I also had a check list I had going a longtime before surgery of all my favorite foods I really like and had them all one last time! Greek,Chinese, caramel corn, Burger and fries, Japanese, Sushi....I enjoyed them all and dont regret it at all. I am doing great right now I am down from244 in beginning of January to 223 today post lap band! I say go for it and Enjoy!

I had thought I would have a last supper also....but yesterday when I left the drs office...my twin sister and I stopped at a chinese resturant and I had a very good meal...consisted of mostly veggies and fruit....and befor i went to bed last night I had some chips and salsa....Today is the start of my liquid diet...I am to be banded on Feb 22 .....Good luck to all ....we have waited long enough wink.gif

I ate everything is sight the two weeks prior to surgery! All my favorite restaurants at least twice- it was a very expensive "bye-bye-food" event! I don't regret it at all. But I did not have to do a pre-op liquid diet. If I did, then I wouldn't have done that - well, maybe two weeks prior to the liquid diet I would have!!

A nice ribeye steak with all the trimmings was my last big meal! About a week before surgery

I was not on a liquid diet ordered by the doctor. I had lost my required amount plus 20 pounds. I put my self on a 2 Protein Shakes with one low cal/fat Protein meal per day. Based on reports on this site that I might not be able to eat bread again I went to Not Your Average Joes and split a dinner with my mother. And of course had their fabulous onion bread with dipping sauce (olive olive and grated cheese with hot pepper flakes). Oh and my very last diet coke!

I was put on a 800 calorie per day diet for 10 days before my surgery so my stomach would shrink. So I was terrified of doing a last meal. But what I DID do was when my date got moved back 2 days I did eat the two pieces of Godiva chocolate that were in my desk. It was the best chocolate of my life!! ;-p

I did! Before the liquid diet I went to my favorite restaurant and ordered all of my favorite things and ate every bit of it. The good new is last night I went to the same restaurant and ordered the same things and was satisfied with eating PART of it and putting the rest in a box which is still in the fridge. The band rocks!

I didn't do a last meal but in the weeks leading up to surgery I was in the mindset of allowing myself to eat what I wanted in unlimited quantities. I regret it because I ended up gaining a lot of weight and it just set me further back from my goal. I honestly thought after the band I would never enjoy food again, so I figured I'd better eat what I wanted beforehand. Big mistake, I wish I'd never done it.