Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else experienced an increase in burping post op? I feel like the gas is gone, but am still burping a lot more than I did pre-op.

Yes, definitely, burping and farting (sorry I couldn't think of another word to use for this) it seems to be getting less frequent but still more then I would like

I have. I just mentioned that to my Husband yesterday.

Yes, definitely, burping and farting (sorry I couldn't think of another word to use for this) it seems to be getting less frequent but still more then I would like

I'm glad I'm not the only one then. It's not like pre-band burps, when I knew they were coming. Now it's all of the sudden I have to burp, and sometimes a few in a row. I guess I can live with that as a trade off :D

u guys please help!i have been so excited to finally start my weight loss journey only to be discourged by family and friends everyone is telling me that if i vet the lap band im gowing to have health problems and that they know so many people who have died and just so many other negetive things im so confused bit at the same time my heart is telling me that i have made the right decision about gowing ahead with this surgerey im so bummed out,please i need some advice on what you guys think

Why are they being negative? Realistically, there are risks to any surgery. There are risks to walking out your door in the morning too. Lapband has a death risk of 1/2000, and the people who die usually have other severe health complications.

Do what is in your heart, and don't let anyone tell you different. Most people seem to have a negative view of the Band because it seems to get the most negative publicity than other WLS. I'm not sure why this is, but I'm guessing when people see you succeeding, they will change their opinions rapidly.

I used to be against the idea of WLS, until my Aunt got the Lapband three years ago and made it to goal and has MAINTAINED her weight for all this time. She was a yo-yo dieter and so seeing her successful with this tool gave me the push I needed.

I know I have made the right decision. If, unfortunately, something goes wrong a few years down the line, I will still be thankful for the tool and the changes it will have made in my life. Nothing is ever for sure in life. And, at least I have the option to revise to a possibly better surgery or other weight maintenance thing that is not yet developed without cutting out a large part of my anatomy.

I AM SOOO HUNGRY!! HAVE NOT BEEN DOING WELL, AFTER FIRST 2 WEEKS MY EATING HAS NOT BEEN GOOD, EATING DECENT AND HEALTHY food, JUST TOO MUCH. bread GETTING STUCK, VERY UNPLEASANT... FILL ON THURSDAY AFTER 4 WEEKS POST OP...ANYONE ELSE STRUGGLING BEFORE FILL?

I am really surprised that you are already eating bread. Most of us had liquids for the first two weeks and then mushies for the next week. Maybe your stomach isn't ready for bread yet. A lot of people struggle with eating bread, even many weeks post-op. When you see your doctor, don't forget to tell her about the bread issue. Let us know how your first fill goes. Good luck!

After the band did anyone have effects of seeing white lines going across their eyes. Has tp b frpm surgery bcus I never experience it b4.

Thank u all soooo much for your encourging feedback its exactly what i needed to hear,you guys rock im definetly gowing threw with this thank you all so much

I am definitely struggling as well. I eat lots of stuff I shouldn't and I just can't seem to get back in control. I have my first fill on Monday and I really hope it helps. I haven't had any foods getting stuck nor do I feel any restriction. It's almost like it was before I had the surgery! I'm so disappointed b/c I paid all this money and I haven't been able to stick with the diet! Ugh!!

Yes, I feel the same way. It is very frustrating..

Hey all!

Had my post-op today! Doc says everything is fantastic. Incisions are healing fabulously and he was surprised that I had only taken one dose of the Lortab! I am down a total of 16lbs since surgery day... LOVE IT! Still have not been approved for exercise, with the exception of walking and light weights for my arms.

I want to run, skate and dance dang it! I don't want to just walk! For the love of all things holy, this is going to drive me nuts!!!

My 2 week post op appt is Wednesday. I am so freakin hungry I can't hardly stand it! I've been sticking with yogurts and Soups because I don't want to do too much to soon and mess something up. Today is the first day that I have been absolutely miserable and hungry.

u guys please help!i have been so excited to finally start my weight loss journey only to be discourged by family and friends everyone is telling me that if i vet the lap band im gowing to have health problems and that they know so many people who have died and just so many other negetive things im so confused bit at the same time my heart is telling me that i have made the right decision about gowing ahead with this surgerey im so bummed out,please i need some advice on what you guys think

oh dear. some family and friends can be a real stumbling block. this is why i havent shared with my family what has happened.

If you take enough time and really read thoroughly through all the sections of this forum you will see for yourself that its not as bad as your family try to tell you. They are ill informed.

you need to be informed. thats the only way you are goign to have peace of mind about what you are about to do.

like i said, read up on here. spend a lot of time doing it. its well worth the effort, believe me.

by the way, im 10 days post op... im 66, and the transformation in my body has been just marvellous. ive not been happier in many many years. pain free, lost 10.34% of my bodyweight. Ive been nearly crippled with arthritis. headed for a wheelchair.

now??.... a week out , im pain free in all the areas that were such a threat to me.

Dont let other people dictate to you what you should do with your life. Like i said , the more informed you are the more determined you will be about making a decision and doing it.

Hey all!

Had my post-op today! Doc says everything is fantastic. Incisions are healing fabulously and he was surprised that I had only taken one dose of the Lortab! I am down a total of 16lbs since surgery day... LOVE IT! Still have not been approved for exercise, with the exception of walking and light weights for my arms.

I want to run, skate and dance dang it! I don't want to just walk! For the love of all things holy, this is going to drive me nuts!!!

Nicki.. what marvellous news. well done !! :lol:

OK day was 10 day post op for me and the 1st day back at work. It went really well prepared my Protein Shakes the night b4 and everything was good but mid-way through the day my larger incision started to become painful and a burning sensation. I just figured I was doing to much so I tried to take it easy after that but is this normal has any1 else had this problem???

OK day was 10 day post op for me and the 1st day back at work. It went really well prepared my Protein Shakes the night b4 and everything was good but mid-way through the day my larger incision started to become painful and a burning sensation. I just figured I was doing to much so I tried to take it easy after that but is this normal has any1 else had this problem???

Yes I have had the same exact problem. It is where my port is located. I'd say that I quit having that pain about 17 days post op.

My port pain has mostly dissapeared. I do notice some abdominal soreness on the opposite side of my port... Wondering if there is still some gas trapped there. As long as it's not in my shoulder, I'm fine!!!

Yes' date=' I feel the same way. It is very frustrating..[/quote']

I'm going through the same thing! Got banded on the 7th have done very well up til this past week, I can eat anything I feel no restriction, definitely hungry again. Don't know if it's because of the swelling going down or weight loss since the surgery? I have my first fill tomorrow and I hope to get some restriction back! Im scared to go backwards... Do not want to mess this up!