Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just ate the Swansons broth, I like the reclosable container so I can just pour what I need and save the rest. But kudos to you for cooking for yourself! I'm sure yours is better for you than the Swansons.

... actually we live in the country and there just isnt the supply of ready to eat products that one would normally get in the city. im used to it. lol. well, the broth didnt taste too bad i must say, i sampled it. i will put some bonoxin it though to give it more flavour i think. im going to do the same with beef and lamb. boil up for stock, add fried onion rings, boil a little more and then sieve the lot. hopefully these will get me through. i have bought some Protein meals.. powdered shakes, i havent tried them yet. i love Soups as a rule so i think i will mainly go this way. . for now, anyway. probably at the end of it i will never want to see Soup again. lol.

Well it's 345am and I am just about ready to give up on sleep!!! Getting banded at 11am however it is about a 2 hr drive from my house. I am nervous, but about stupid things like the IV!! I will post as soon as I stop seeing rainbows after surgery!

Well it's 345am and I am just about ready to give up on sleep!!! Getting banded at 11am however it is about a 2 hr drive from my house. I am nervous, but about stupid things like the IV!! I will post as soon as I stop seeing rainbows after surgery!

Good luck this morning, relax I'm sure they will take good care of you. After surgery you will get plenty of rest, I was the same way plus worked 12hrs the day before. Keep us posted.

i dont blame you. i probably wont get any sleep either. lol. and you have a long way to go as well. im lucky i dont go to surgery until 3pm so i dont have to leave early. who is driving you?? are you staying overnight?/ Have you had surgery before?? the IV is nothing really. try not to stress too much over it. Ive had heaps of them over the years. its not the surgery so much thats got me going... its the life changing event of it all. my surgery is on thursday. good luck to you, im sure you will do really well. let us know when you are able to .

Well it's 345am and I am just about ready to give up on sleep!!! Getting banded at 11am however it is about a 2 hr drive from my house. I am nervous' date=' but about stupid things like the IV!! I will post as soon as I stop seeing rainbows after surgery![/quote']

Good luck today, 2 more says for me. Let us know how you do.

do you mean should you have it while in liquid stage post op?? well' date=' im making chicken broth and im having that the first stage..

can i ask?? what is SF and FF pudding? ? im in australia[/quote']

SF and FF pudding ------- stand for sugar free and fat free pudding

Sorry thought you were banded' date=' since its your pre-op very important to stay on track to shrink your liver. Pick up where you left of with the liquids and keep truckin. Good luck on on the 20th, you dont have long, keep us posted.[/quote']

Thank you I have been doing great since, no more cheating. This is just to important to me

Hi everyone' date='

Was banded yesterday and slept the rest of the day. I feel really good but I was hungry last night. I noticed on the sheet AFTER my husband brought me a can of broth and I was able to eat it that I was only supposed to eat 3oz every 3 hours. Well I drank the whole thing which is 8 oz. So now I'm nervous that I ruined something. I also was bummed b/c my hubby asked me to stand on the scale this morning and I was up 5 lbs....but I'm thinking this was from all the fluids they put in me yesterday. I told hi I refuse to weigh again until next week after I've had a chance to pee all this out! Anyone else have that problem?[/quote']

When I got home from the hospital Friday I was 8 lbs more than when I left got the hospital. I know that it's the fluids and swelling.

I'm 17 hours out and I have decided from hearing everyone talk, that I'm not stepping of the scale for 1 whole week.....I might need to put it in the attic so I can't get to it.--haha

while on the pre-op I have got a lot of pleasure in stepping on the scale in the morning and having lost weight....But really have enjoyed steepping on it again in the late afternoon and weighing less than I did that morning!! it was definiately a boost!

waiting..... if you do that's ok too, just remember that you will probably have a weight gain with the surgery and all the fluids they give us. As long as you keep going and stay focussed and positive you'll do great~ Good luck~ Deb

Well it's 345am and I am just about ready to give up on sleep!!! Getting banded at 11am however it is about a 2 hr drive from my house. I am nervous' date=' but about stupid things like the IV!! I will post as soon as I stop seeing rainbows after surgery![/quote']

Best of luck! I'll be thinking of you.

Hello March Bandsters,

My surgery is this Wednesday, March 21. No pre-surgery diet prescribed by my Doc. Good thing, I feel like I would go to the OR already feeling like a failure. I don't know how you do the liquid diet unbanded. God bless all of you that were able to do it.

Have my Clear Liquids and Protein Powder ready to go. My husband stopped and got me sugar free ice pops. Nice gesture from someone who is usually not the most supportive. He actually has taken quite an interest in this surgery.

See my primary MD tomorrow. Then all I have to do is pack my bag for the hospital. Excited but also a little nervous. Woke up from rotator cuff surgery violently puking. Don't want to mess anything up or do damage to myself. Have to make sure I speak to the anesthesiologist pre-op.

Well I wish all of us the best.

P.S. What exactly does pb stand for. I get the puking part. Just curious.

My surgery is on march 28 th ...I'm not sure what to eat before then . I've been having a food celebration .

Hello March Bandsters,

My surgery is this Wednesday, March 21. No pre-surgery diet prescribed by my Doc. Good thing, I feel like I would go to the OR already feeling like a failure. I don't know how you do the liquid diet unbanded. God bless all of you that were able to do it.

Have my clear liquids and Protein powder ready to go. My husband stopped and got me sugar free ice pops. Nice gesture from someone who is usually not the most supportive. He actually has taken quite an interest in this surgery.

See my primary MD tomorrow. Then all I have to do is pack my bag for the hospital. Excited but also a little nervous. Woke up from rotator cuff surgery violently puking. Don't want to mess anything up or do damage to myself. Have to make sure I speak to the anesthesiologist pre-op.

Well I wish all of us the best.

P.S. What exactly does pb stand for. I get the puking part. Just curious.

PB = productive burp. From what I've read, it should NOT be like regular vomitting.

Lol. Thanks for the pb visual.