Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wonderful, me too started mushies yeah, I can say that I feel so much better with food.< /p>

I havent started mushies yet ... I guess. Depending on what muchies are. No potatoes and whatnot, just applesauce and pudding. What are you guys eating?

I get at least 30-40 grams of Protein a day in shakes or protein juice shots (walmart.com) and that's about it for now. Im not getting my 64 oz of liquid. Maybe 40 oz of Water and diluted juice.

Hi everybody,

Getting banded on 3/28. liquid diet is horrible, but i'm hanging in there, only on day 3 and haven't cheated. Hoping to keep it that way.

Hello and congrats on starting your journey and welcome to our forum. liquids are awful, you can do this, stay focused and find things to occupy your time. You are doing great so far. I had a hard time with liquids glad thats over. Good luck

I havent started mushies yet ... I guess. Depending on what muchies are. No potatoes and whatnot, just applesauce and pudding. What are you guys eating?

I get at least 30-40 grams of Protein a day in shakes or protein juice shots (walmart.com) and that's about it for now. Im not getting my 64 oz of liquid. Maybe 40 oz of Water and diluted juice.

Mushies are soft/pureed foods you can mash with a fork or chop in a blender/food processor. I have been struggling with the shakes only taking half. So kinda glad I can get protein from another source. Still not much hungry though taking 1/2 cup or less mostly about 5 tsp and Im full.

Has anyone used Mederma for their scars?

I got mine yesterday so I'm not there yet! I've got a few weeks to go, but its amazing that 3oz of broth and I'm feeling satisfied.

im being banded on thursday this coming week. im in the process of making chicken stock. ive got chicken thigh meat, onion, french onion Soup and a little pepper.. not much of that. what else can i put in for a little more flavour?? its o.k. but its very watery. i think i need some more flavour in it. has anyone here made up their own Clear Liquids for the first post op stage?/

im being banded on thursday this coming week. im in the process of making chicken stock. ive got chicken thigh meat, onion, french onion Soup and a little pepper.. not much of that. what else can i put in for a little more flavour?? its o.k. but its very watery. i think i need some more flavour in it. has anyone here made up their own clear liquids for the first post op stage?/

also.... ive bought some Musashi SIM high Protein formula. i mix this with cold Water and put in blender. im assuming that this is o.k. for the first week?? its not clear like the chicken broth ive made up but its not thick either. ive not opened it up and tried it yet. perhaps id better try it. what do you think about this product?/ or do i need to buy something more watery for the first week?

Thanks for the welcome and good luck to all.

neekoal

FIRST: You did not runi anything. I am amazed you were able to drink that much so soon, but everyone is different. Take it slow with fluids, the last thing you want is to throw-up and risk your band slipping.

SECOND: You have been filled with gas, have lot's of swelling in your abdomen, and have retained lot's of fluids soooooooooooo weight is going to be up a bit. Weigh when you feel like it not when somone else wants you too.

THIRD: I mean no disrespect here............get your husband educated on just what the band is.........a tool, a procedure, not a MIRACLE weight loss solution. It will take both of you to be successful in this journey. While he is eating his chicken dinner you will be eating broth, Jello, and Protein Shakes the first few weeks. He needs to support you, be positive and not critical. (I am not saying he is, I am just saying we need someone with a positive vs negative support mindset in our corner. The journey is difficult enough!

My surgeon suggested 30min/6oz of Fluid. My first day post-op, 3/10 it was all I could do to get 3oz/6hrs LOL

I am on post-op day 7, yesterday was the first day I managed to get my full amount of Protein in. So it is a slow process, One Day at a time, One Step at a time.

This forum is fabulous for support and good information.

WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER.

hi everyone. i agree about husbands needing to be more educated on the lap band but what can one do?/ at least my hubbie went into the dr with me for first consult, so he did get to learn some things. but, im hearing now that i should have been more careful about my diet before all this happened... well,, dahhh...

i hope my husband can understand more as i go into surgery what its really all about now. he is on about me getting outside and sun baking... rofl... get this ?? im going on 66 and he is 73 ?? and he wants me not only to be trim again, but young and tanned as well?? he is a stupid man sometimes. even if this was said in jest, i dont take it lightly. he has no idea how im feeling right now about the whole episode. to be so frivolous about it right now is being insensitive. Im not sure at this point how well i would cope if he came out with more nonsense after surgery. as i type this im aware that i dont have much of a sense of humour right now. i think thats understandable. i just wish he were more sensitive about it as well.

A little off topic ~~ How do you get the weight ticker on your profile?

I am not banded yet, I go in tues 3/20 for my surgery. I will not let this get me down but I am staying away from making food for anyone from now till my surgery so there will be no temptation

Sorry thought you were banded, since its your pre-op very important to stay on track to shrink your liver. Pick up where you left of with the liquids and keep truckin. Good luck on on the 20th, you dont have long, keep us posted.

My band is set for March 20!! Doing the preop diet, which hasn't really been bad until today. I am starving!! My question is: Should I do the plication with the lapband? My surgeon seems to recommend it, but it is an "investigational" procedure and insurane does not cover. It would be around $750 additional for this. I am all for it if it will help with my weight loss and compliance with diet.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!

Hi everyone! My surgery is scheduled for March 16... Three more days! I think I am more nervous than excited right now. I have been able to successfully lose 50-100 pounds at least five times in my life only to regain it all plus an 25-30 pounds. Sometimes I think I can just lose weight like I always do BUT this time I wil keep it off (yeah right). That is my main reason to have the surgery and why I do not want to regain all of my weight again and be closer to 400. So far, I lost 54 since Dec. 7 (10 pre-op diet). I believe I am doing the right thing to have the band yet there is a nagging feeling telling me "don't do it". I read these blogs religiously and enjoy the supportive nature of it.

Hey Iluvyogi- How did your surgery go today? I hope all went well and you are home.

Mine is on Monday and I'm getting really overwhelmed with nervousness and thoughts about if I am doing the right thing.

Here are two recipes for Protein Jello.

High Protein Jello using Isopure

1 small box Gelatin powder

1 cup Isopure

1. Stir 1 cup boiling Water into Gelatin in a medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.

2. Add 1 cup Isopure to dissolved gelatin Water and mix well.

3. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

High protein jello using Protein Powder

1 small box gelatin powder

2 scoops Protein Powder

1. Stir 1 cup boiling water into gelatin in a medium bowl until completely dissolved.

2. Add 2 scoops protein powder to 1 cup cold water

3. Add protein water to gelatin water and mix well. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

im praying for you.... i hope it goes really well.

Praying for a speedy recovery~!!

Hey Iluvyogi- How did your surgery go today? I hope all went well and you are home.

Mine is on Monday and I'm getting really overwhelmed with nervousness and thoughts about if I am doing the right thing.

Thanks for thinking of me. I was really sleepy after surgery. My oxygen was a little low for awhile so they kept an eye on me. I was nervous but much more excited when the time came. No nausea...thank goodness. That was my biggest fear. I have some shoulder pain but it's not too bad. I think I kept imagining the worst case scenario, thinking that it would happen to me. Are you doing the same? Have you written a list of pros and cons for this surgery? Only you can make the decision for you.

I wish you the best of luck!