Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Violet - what?!?! That is horrible....especially after you have waited a month already. Hopefully they will work you in priority since the Friday appointments are being rescheduled. Poor thing...looks like we are in the same boat.

I am so sorry to hear that for both of you Violet and dhales!

I got my surgery time for tomorrow. It's at 7 am. I live 2 hours away from the hospital which means i will have to leave at 3 am to be there for 5 am...... Yikes...I'm a little nervous cause I pigged out on taco bell yesterday and the scale went up 5 pounds. I'm supposed to be on 2 weeks of liquids. I'm afraid they will be able to tell. I think I'm more nervous about that than the actual surgery at this point.

On my surgery date the scale went up 7lbs, I did go to an all u can eat buffet the week before. who figures? but I'm banded now and have lost it back so Im all good. My doc was not concerned and surgery went well. Good luck.

Getting banded tomorrow morning at 7am! I'm so nervous, just finished my mushy food dinner (dr wants no solids today) that consisted of scrambled eggs, i figured I may as well get used to them.

Good luck prqaying that all goes well tomorrow see you on the other side.

Celeste.. do you have to travel far or is this where you live?/

I live about 2 hours away. I just realized while typing this that I have to wake up in 3 hours. Guess I better get to sleep.< /p>

For all of you tomorrow bandsters....will be thinking of you and praying for a speedy, smooth recovery!!

i love the sounds of your last meal. lol. i wish i had some choices about where to eat out for mine. i live where there are no places to eat out. nothing worth while anyway... im going to miss steak.. certainly goign to miss salads in the short term, ive got them growing in my little garden.. rocket, dill, all that . im going to miss them. Has anyone here managed salad veges before four weeks post surgery are up?/

...well, im going out tonight to have a steak meal as well. hubbie is way too tired but im going with family. my least steak and salad plus a glass of red. i have no idea if or when i will be able to have it again. cheers.

Good morning March Bandsters. I am on my way to the hospital. Surgery at 9am. Second surgery of the day. I will have to say, I didn't get nervous untill this morning. Now I have butterflies in my stomach. Woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. Stomach fells a little funny, but I guess it's just the anxiety.

Thanks for all of the support. I will check back in as I can.

Renee

Good luck preneec!

I was banded on march 9th. Struggling a little with the liquid diet' date=' but hanging in there Only issues I've had are with shoulder pain. Craziest thing but can get unbearable. Awesome to those of you who are progressing on this difficult journey and best wishes for those soon to begin.[/quote']

I too was banded on the 9th. I'm finally starting to feel better. Suffered a lot with gas and nausea. Getting up and moving has totally helped. And I'm also struggling with the Clear Liquids. If I never see broth or Jello again, I will be so happy! Cannot wait for full liquids! Just one more day. Last night I went to a bariatric support group at the hospital and it was great. It was super inspiring to see those that went ahead of me and to get some of my questions answered. Between that and this forum, I feel very prepared. Good luck to all of you getting banded today! Thinking of you! :)

I was banded on march 9th. Struggling a little with the liquid diet' date=' but hanging in there Only issues I've had are with shoulder pain. Craziest thing but can get unbearable. Awesome to those of you who are progressing on this difficult journey and best wishes for those soon to begin.[/quote']

I was on the 9th too..are you on one week of clear liquid? If so almost done! You can do it!!!

T Minus 2 days and counting since the surgery. I feel much better this morning. Mainly because I was able to sleep last night. Not too much discomfort. Nothing the pain meds can't handle. Blood pressure is running high, but that will go away with the loss of weight.

What I have experienced:

Doctors and Hospital -- All were great. No problems. Walked me through each step and made me feel very comfortable. Once I got there the nervousness went away.

Pain and Discomfort -- 1 to 10 -- My pain hasnt gotten much over a 5. I have had things that were much worse. Port area hurts a little bit this morning. Acutally slept on my side for a while last night and didn't exptect to be able to do that. A little true indigestion, but no gas pain from the surgery.

Hunger -- I have not been hungry at all. Started out on protien shakes yesterday morning. 2 ozs at time over an hour. I know it seem crazy to take 2 oz over an hour, but it worked. Same with H20. I got three down yesterday and they want me to get to 5. I did get a sugar free popsicle down last night two.

Weight -- When I went in for the surgery, I was down to 284. That was down from 298 two weeks pre op. I weighed yesterday at the drug store and it showed 290. Not sure if the extra came from all the fulids they put in me at the hospital.

Overall this has been pretty good so far. Not of the things I worried the most about have given me problems so far. I will keep you up-to-date for changes.... good or bad.

Thanks Paul....It nice to read the update of those you have been following. Good Luck!

Good luck ladies on banding tomorrow. The liquid diet is probably the hardest. I am a little more than 1 week post op and have been on a liquid diet now for more than 3 weeks. I can at this point hardly get down a Protein Shake. I feel like I am starving myself because I feel if I drink one more shake, I will literally puke and that is not good. So right now it is Jello even though it doesn't have Protein. You ladies really will do great, hang in there

T Minus 2 days and counting since the surgery. I feel much better this morning. Mainly because I was able to sleep last night. Not too much discomfort. Nothing the pain meds can't handle. Blood pressure is running high, but that will go away with the loss of weight.

What I have experienced:

Doctors and Hospital -- All were great. No problems. Walked me through each step and made me feel very comfortable. Once I got there the nervousness went away.

Pain and Discomfort -- 1 to 10 -- My pain hasnt gotten much over a 5. I have had things that were much worse. Port area hurts a little bit this morning. Acutally slept on my side for a while last night and didn't exptect to be able to do that. A little true indigestion, but no gas pain from the surgery.

Hunger -- I have not been hungry at all. Started out on protien shakes yesterday morning. 2 ozs at time over an hour. I know it seem crazy to take 2 oz over an hour, but it worked. Same with H20. I got three down yesterday and they want me to get to 5. I did get a sugar free popsicle down last night two.

Weight -- When I went in for the surgery, I was down to 284. That was down from 298 two weeks pre op. I weighed yesterday at the drug store and it showed 290. Not sure if the extra came from all the fulids they put in me at the hospital.

Overall this has been pretty good so far. Not of the things I worried the most about have given me problems so far. I will keep you up-to-date for changes.... good or bad.

Paul sounds like you are doing great. Don't worry about stepping on the scale every day. I have had to learn this. I am 9 days post op and I have had to realize that I can not step on the scale everyday as the wt will eventually plateau and of course it has but I am not taking in probably 500 calories a day and my body has gotten use to it. I will tell you I can't wait to get to mushie foods as people call it. Can't hardly get a shake down anymore. Liquids for 3 1/2 weeks. I really am about done with them. Getting extremely had to swallow. You are going to do great though. Keep your chin up

Hi all!

So sorry I have been MIA for the past week, I was banded March 6th. The first days were a bit rough, I was having a lot of gas and nausea. But I will say every day gets better and better. My doc has me on 2 weeks post op full liquids. I will admit I am getting really tired of liquids at this point and can't wait to move on to mushies monday! I also had staples put in to keep my incisions closed and they come out monday as well! They are super itchy and I know thats a good sign because it means they are healing :)

I am also happy to say that since I started my pre-op diet I have officially lost 24 lbs (according to the scale this morning!) I still have a slight soreness on my left side (port site) but other than that none of my incisions hurt anymore and I do not have any gas or nausea anymore! Last night I was able to sleep on my right side (not my port side) for the first time, which was amazing because I am usually a side sleeper! I am just starting to get a bit of my hunger back, my surgeon left my band completly empty for healing and will get my first fill at 6 weeks post -op, not looking forward to getting hungry again! So far it only takes a little to get me full, but everyday I am getting a little hungrier faster, so I know "bandster hell" is on its way! lol

Just wanted to give everyone a little update, Good Luck to all with upcoming surgerys and hope everyone already banded are healing up and losing weight! lol!